Things They Should Release On Dvd

Tennant's Lager

A few weeks ago I couldn't help noticing that this was on sale (bit of a blast from the past for those that remember it)....

Naked Video - Series 1

Great to see an almost forgotten show like that being brought back for general release many years on. :)

So it got me thinking - what shows/fillums/whatever are there that you'd want to see get a DVD release so you could buy, but haven't already.

Here's 5 of mine (mainly comedy for me but feel free to have anything you like) for a start...

1) - Samurai Pizza Cats - The English re-write of the scripts was done in a Magic Roundabout pisstaking/adult humour stylée which made it an instant classic. :lol:

2) - Mary Whitehouse Experience - Mr Strange (Lovely...Milky Milky...) and History Today (See That? That's You That Is). Juvenile? Totally but who cares. :lol:

3) - Mock The Week. A highlights reel would do for this in a 'Have I Got News For You' fashion. The sheer amount of pisstaking from Bremner, Dennis & Boyle is tremendous. "Harry Potter and the child actor's nevitable mental breakdown" indeed. :lol:

4) - QI. Brilliant show which just oozes class. Think I heard it is to get a DVD release but if so it's ages off sadly. Anyway - I want that list of Scottish Inventions that Fry did so well off the autocue to store somewhere. :D

5) - The Super Mario Bros movie. For me a total nostalgia trip - trashed by the critics (obviously) and geek brigade (daftarses) for not being true to the imagery of the game but in actual fact a very enjoyable fun wee action movie - brilliant example of not-to-be-taken-seriously matinée stuff.

There was a Scottish film from about 20 years ago about these two yoofs dressing up as a clown and a wolf robbing tourists on a motorcycle. I'm pretty sure it was called "Restless Natives". The soundtrack was by Big Country and I remember watching it with my brother, thinking it was the best thing ever. Pure Class. I haven’t watched it since in case its a disappointment. In fact, I think I will have a look on e-bay for it now. A brilliant film...

There was a Scottish film from about 20 years ago about these two yoofs dressing up as a clown and a wolf robbing tourists on a motorcycle. I'm pretty sure it was called "Restless Natives". The soundtrack was by Big Country and I remember watching it with my brother, thinking it was the best thing ever. Pure Class. I haven’t watched it since in case its a disappointment. In fact, I think I will have a look on e-bay for it now. A brilliant film...

That one is out on DVD ........ not sure if you'd get in the shops anymore but you'll get that at the barras ........ not that i would know of course :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, altho sum nice chap did sell me a DVD on ebay he had copied from the TV - pure genius. I assume Brasseye can be found on DVD as that was awesome also.

Yeah, I bought it on Dvd a few years back. It was genius, especially the one on drugs where they got a question about "cake" asked in parliament. :lol:

They should release the Vital Spark, Pure Classic :lol:

They have done. I've got a DVD of the only five surviving episodes of the BBC Scotland series with Roddie MacMillan as Para Handy and John Grieve as Dan McPhail. Absolutely brilliant. Don't think there's a DVD of the version with Gregor fisher as Para Handy and Rikki Fulton as McPhail, but there bloody well should be.

Edited by Bill Lees

1st video that I ever rented, it was released on DVD a couple of years ago..........

One of the 2 lead actors got the tin pail for unsavoury sexual behaviour...............

A fair bit of it was shot in the vicinity of the Rest and be Thankful.................

In fact I think I'll take the brats to Inverary today, just to show how much I love them by buying them a £3.50 bag of chips.............

Would love to see "Scully" by Alan Bleasdale released. Loved it on Channel 4 around 1984 I think. Never repeated for some reason. Strange cameos by Elvis Costello and Kenny Dalglish. :o

Good call, early Brookside also required for the God that is 'Gizmo' Hawkins.................

Would love to see "Scully" by Alan Bleasdale released. Loved it on Channel 4 around 1984 I think. Never repeated for some reason. Strange cameos by Elvis Costello and Kenny Dalglish. :o

Scully was f**king magic!

Though probably seem shit if you watched it now... :unsure:

Also, anyone remember a drama called, I think, One Summer...?

It was about two mates from Liverpool who went on a runner to the countryside. One of them got killed in a stolen car which went up in flames, while the other one got to shag a posh, sexy blonde with long, curly hair...

:wink:

Scully was f**king magic!

Though probably seem shit if you watched it now... :unsure:

Also, anyone remember a drama called, I think, One Summer...?

It was about two mates from Liverpool who went on a runner to the countryside. One of them got killed in a stolen car which went up in flames, while the other one got to shag a posh, sexy blonde with long, curly hair...

:wink:

Did David Morrissey and one of the McGann brothers star in that?

They have done. I've got a DVD of the only five surviving episodes of the BBC Scotland series with Roddie MacMillan as Para Handy and John Grieve as Dan McPhail. Absolutely brilliant. Don't think there's a DVD of the version with Gregor fisher as Para Handy and Rikki Fulton as McPhail, but there bloody well should be.

I'm gaunnie huv tae get that :lol: