Top 5 Digital Tv Programs

ST SID

1. All the repeats of "I love the 70s, 80s, etc" on UK Horizons

2. Anything at all on the Discovery Channels

3. That gorgeous burd that's started reading the news on BBC News 24

4. The wide and varied range of, ehm, Adult Subscription Channels

5. The card apologising for The Studio going off the air

1. The Simpsons

2. Friends on E4 (a whole day before normal C4!)

3. Repeats of Frasier and Spin City on Paramount

4. Repeats of Blackadder, Only Fools & Horses and AWP on UK Gold

5. Loads of sport.

BTW does anyone understand the logic for Channel 4 using E4 for first showings of Friends and ER? It's not as if its a subscription channel like FIlm Four, so whats the point?

BTW does anyone understand the logic for Channel 4 using E4 for first showings of Friends and ER? It's not as if its a subscription channel like FIlm Four, so whats the point?

Think it must be to encourage the take-up of digital TV generally - the TV companies, and the government, want sufficient transfer of viewers onto receiving digital signals in time to turn off the analogue signal (or use it/flog it off for something else) by about 2008 (I think).

Stu, are you quite mad ? It's generally accepted that about 99% of the programming on Sky is complete and utter pish.

How you can uncritically say it's brilliant makes me wonder about you. The youth of today, eh ? I blame the parents..... grizzle grizzle grump grump etc etc ........

How you can uncritically say it's brilliant makes me wonder about you. The youth of today, eh ? I blame the parents..... grizzle grizzle grump grump etc etc ........

No problems there, they are the ones who pay for it :P

There are a fair number of channels which appeal to me, I still watch some of the kids stuff like Trouble and Nick when I'm home, then stuff like Paramount and Uk Gold and Sky One at night :)

You sure? bit odd, us Sky punters get it free :P

E4 is not free,it's part of their multi-channels packages,meaning that if you cancel your Sky subscription it will vanish without trace.

There's an unbelieveable amount of cack on digital TV.There's only about ten channels I would choose,but if you only paid for what you watch Sky would be out of business tomorrow.

Exactly, I pay for a package that includes E4. There are about another 50 or so complete bollox channels that come with it. I even asked if I could just have E4 but still pay for the package - nope. A box full of sh!te that I don't want to encourage :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see my beloved Juve on Eurosport though :D:D:D

Ah well, explains a lot. Didn't realise it was part of a package.

BTW James Richardson is the guy in the studio doing the Italian footy, the same guy who did it on C4 :)

Even better - the best vocabulary on telly.....an outstanding, knowledgeable and lucid presenter. Shame it all started with that ignorant f'kwit Gazza.

His interviews with some of the worlds top players were a joy on a Saturday morning - better than listening that that hopeless scouse tipster. Not funny, not interesting, hasn't given a decent tip and racist to boot - the asian guy on it is f'k'n great though - especially the argument with all the think English honkies regards Hussain not being up to the England Captaincy...got it right up them including that tit McCrirrick. Hate cricket but that was great fun :D

Guest bob_mcshug

The repeats of only fools and horses, fawlty towers etc are class.

Simpsons, Scrubs are class too!! as is sky sports(obviously) and soccer AM - kamara's stadium tours crack me up!!! the guy is such a tube! :lol:

I also have to confess i watch buffy and angel from time to time :o ...it aint that bad viewing when yer watchin sarah michelle gellar doin high kicks for 40 mins!!! :P:lol:

Guest saint hits the net

Some good old fashioned programmes available for Bill to while away the hours.

1: Tales of the Unexpected: Great episode where Saints offer Hendrie his job back:

2: Mission Impossible: The one where some poor guy takes over from Hendrie and has to rescue a team in trouble.

3: Lost in Space: Robbie the robot and co get trapped inside Hendrie's head and must solve the mystery of Tom's missing brain.

4: The Bill: Old episode where Burnside investigates a football manager who wants paid too much for his services.

5: Star Trek. The enterprise crew attempt to solve the mystery of a man who forces footballers to leave the club - starring Iain Nicolson.

If that isn't to his taste then he can always tune into Men and Motors - Knockout Babes, Top Heavy, Jo Guest etc... :lol:

Surely the top Digital programme is Fingermouse. :lol: I'll get me gloves...

Have you seen the new finger mouse type footy game :huh: It basically involves a plastic pitch and cardboard fingermouse style players - you pop your fingers through their shorts and hey presto legs. :blink:

Plus Project: Alf was on the other day....An instant classic, despite the lead character always being behind some kind of object. i.e. car, table, another person etc..

what are you thinking alf alien life form i think you might be looking for bonnybridge triangle so you cam go home.

1. Crocodile Hunter (steve irwin is nut's)

2. Enterprise (T'Pol hot vulcan babe)

3. Buffy & Angel

4. Smallville

5. Any Live Football Games Live On Sky