Volunteers Needed !

div

What kind of vain twat would want their picture on a hall of fame? I prefer my anonymity.

I had a bizarre experience last year at Greenhill Road, I think it might have been for a midweek cup tie between St Mirren and Motherwell. My boys and I picked up our tickets at the main stand and pushed our way past stewards to walk through the large Motherwell support. My eldest son saw some guys he knew and they started chanting his name, a young lady shouted "Dickson your getting f**ked tonight" - I'm sure she meant me :P - and my youngest son passed a group of his school mates some of whom shook hands with him, and one girl gave him a cuddle.

We got to the St Mirren stand, sat down, a group of four guys started booing us, another called me a fat wanker, and someone else threw a half eaten pie which hit my youngest sons back.

Sticking pictures of myself up around the ground doesn't seem like a route towards watching a game in peace and quiet. :rolleyes:

Bet you finished it. :P

Kombi:

In regard to your last post - It's not about me being right, and you being wrong. I have never once claimed that the CIC plan is Nirvana on a plate. I still have concerns and questions, most notably in the area of how it will actually come together and work, without the danger of it being an unweildy 'decision by committee' process that is far from smooth.

However, I just do not understand the moaning - because that's what it is - about asking folk to hand out leaflets. More so from 'animal' than yourself. All this stuff about 'getting the poor to do his dirty work while he wines and dines in the boardroom...'

It's actually funny, it is quite unbelievable. I designed those leaflets - I forgot to add a line saying 'Spare a few quid for a steak 'n' gravy pie Guv?'

Disgrace.

Edited by davidg

St sid, Div and co. You should all be VERY ashamed of yourselves. Frankly after 40 odd years I don't know if I ever want to set foot in the place again.

Ashamed of myself ?

For what reason exactly ? :blink:

At least Sheiks and the like would use their own money. I know, of course, no one is being forced to sign up but met two guys today who have signed up, and I know they are struggling financially to pay their bills. They are lifetime Saints fans, like myself, but they feel obliged to help out the Club they love.

Their £120 quid should be going to put food on the family table, not used to finance a scheme dreamed up by a multi millionaire who is not putting his hand in his pocket.

The former directors took an informed risk with their own money and it seems are about to be well rewarded for that risk.

I want no part in encouraging those who can least afford it, to pay for a multi millionaire's cost free take over of our club and neither should you.

There is a very good point in there, one I pretty much spoon fed to you. :P

The commitment to the £120 should be considered carefully. We can all get caught up in the emotions of wanting to help the claub and more importantly ourselves the support acheive something remarkable. We should take care that we can afford it though. Weigh up the sacrafice we would be making with the commitment to the £120 per year. For example I pay more than that in union dues despite no longer working in a traditional industry. However, it is something that I believe in strongly and have never missed a union due and never will - I will probably keep paying the union due after I have retired.

I paid £100 to play about 40 minutes of football today, not to mention buying footie boots and shin guards taking it to over £120. If I am honest I put the bid in to bump up the competition for places and was f'k'n mortified when TL sent me an email telling me I had won the Home Captains Shirt. At £120 for 40 minutes I would be expecting a half decent looking hooker and not the rugby playing kind. However, it is the best £100 I have spent in a long time. A unique experience, great crowd of people all with the same interest, quality time with Tony Fitzpatrick and even better all of my £100 going to the St Mirren youth team. The sidlettes also loved seeing their auld da on the pitch although the youngest did say it would have been better if I'd kicked the baw. :ph34r:

I am far from rich - in fact probably classed as technically in the poverty zone if the average earnings bollox is applied - wonder how tha national average compares to Renfrewshire. And beyond that I am a complete total and utter f'k'n miser when it comes to spending money. For me though the £120 is a very easy decision. It safeguards the club for future generations of the family St Sid. It also gives me and them a say in what happens in the club. It will bring us even closer to the club that has delivered some fine times already and I reckon it will just get better. With fans involved in the key decisions I reckon we will see a lot more events like Saints Aid and far more free events like the open day last season. People like Tony Fitzpartrick are embracing the new inclusive culture and we will see more of our current players getting more and more involved with the support too. As a side benefit we will be expanding St Mirren into the community - not everybody cares about that, but I doubt anyone sees it as a negative. For me it not an investment in buying the club, or shares in the club, blah, blah.........it is about an investment in changing the experience of supporting St Mirren. Rather than supporting St Mirren from the outside we will be right in thick of everything at the club...for me that is £10-a-month for something priceless. :)

Ashamed of myself ?

For what reason exactly ? :blink:

I thought I made it very clear. But here goes - I will try again.

I think you should be ashamed of yourself for asking people, SOME WHO CAN ILL AFFORD IT, to put their hard earned cash into a scheme which will let a multi millionaire take over our football club with out paying a penny of his own money. The money screwed out of loyal supporters will simply be used to pay the interest on the debt run up by the this same multi millionaire.

Is that clear enough for you ???

I couldn't sleep at night if I were you.

Edited by animal

I think you should be ashamed of yourself for asking people, SOME WHO CAN ILL AFFORD IT, to put their hard earned cash into a scheme which will let a multi millionaire take over our football club with out paying a penny of his own money. The money screwed out of loyal supporters will simply be used to pay the interest on the debt run up by the this same multi millionaire.

Have you been taking gracious in defeat lessons from Billy Reid? :P

Your choice of a muppet as an avatar is highly appropriate. Richard Atkinson will have put more money in to setting up this than you might have put in to Saint Mirren FC in your entire life. Your attacks on other people for merely getting involved are nothing short of buffoonery, it's you sir who are indeed the disgrace. No windows are being smashed or books burned, nobody is being marched to Greenhill Road and forced to sign up with the only other option being a bullet in the back of the head followed by a face first trip in to a lime pit. Your over reaction, after the failure of every other scare tactic, is just pathetic and any valid points that you might have are absolutely and totally lost under the weight of your own stupidity.

Saint Mirren fans have called on the club to listen to them whilst also rounding on the Man City, Chelsea, Gretna's and Dundee's of this world. The CIC gives the fans and the area, which if you haven't noticed is in serious need of some sort of community spirit, exactly what it has been crying out for.

I couldn't sleep at night

Is that why you are not the full shilling?

As I said before, 600+ people supporting the CIC so your rantings are thankfully a waste of time.

Is that why you are not the full shilling?

As I said before, 600+ people supporting the CIC so your rantings are thankfully a waste of time.

Which means there at least 1900 season ticket holders not supporting the CIC.

I must admit, I'm a little concerned about the whole thing.

Edited by davidg

You say ""With fans involved in the key decisions""

All key decisions will be taken by Richard Atkinson why can't you see that ???

You have squirmed from one cringeworthy objection to the next...each one accompanied by wild claims that 300 fans would never sign up to this. I have even thrown you a bone in this thread to try and have a better go at it. You can't keep your focus on a point for a consecutive post.

"With fans involved in key decisions" handily extracted to support yet another weak and poorly made point. Richie Rich will be involved in decisions....I welcome that, he has been the man with the plan as well as the connections to make this CIC possible. You appear to be suggesting that as Richie Rich will be involved then the fans will be shut out altogether like they are now, or would be if a traditional buyer bought the club.

So explain to me how the decision making would involve fans more under the current traditional ownership model. Or will you just disappear again until another dodgy point pops into your head to hystericalise on here. :P

Which means there at least 1900 season ticket holders not supporting the CIC.

I must admit, I'm a little concerned about the whole thing.

Not supporting the CIC with your personal finances is quite different from being against the CIC. 640 prepared to back the CIC with their money is a pretty impressive percentage. :)

Not supporting the CIC with your personal finances is quite different from being against the CIC. 640 prepared to back the CIC with their money is a pretty impressive percentage. :)

Be interesting to see how many of the 640 fill out the direct debit form and how many of them are still members in 5 years time.

I really really hope the CIC turns out to be brilliant for the club but I'm just not convinced it's the way to go.

Be interesting to see how many of the 640 fill out the direct debit form and how many of them are still members in 5 years time.

I really really hope the CIC turns out to be brilliant for the club but I'm just not convinced it's the way to go.

You're are catching the diessenters disease of shifting goalposts. :rolleyes:

First the dissenters said no one wanted the CIC and we would never get 300 members. Then the war cry was that it was too low a target.......then there were over 600 members.....then the cry was the shareholders didn't want it......up to 660 since the shareholders meeting.......and all the while we have seen the posts from supporters increase whilst it is the same old faces throwing up fairly inoccuous yet strongly worded contention with very little sign of growing support for their very poor arguments.

I think everyone is still cautious, but we all see an opportunity that is certainly worth exploring. So far the dissentors have failed to bring forward a single serious objection to the CIC. It is healthy for the debate that they are trying and we should all be testing the CIC to the nth degree. However, being against it for the sake of being against it doesn't add anything of value to the debate - as animal and Yul have ably proven. :)

You're are catching the diessenters disease of shifting goalposts. :rolleyes:

No shifting of goalposts from me. :rolleyes:

I've always said I'm not going to sign up, I've always said I have my doubts and i've said all along that I really want it to work out though. That's what we all want at the end of the day, whatever is best for St Mirren.

No shifting of goalposts from me. :rolleyes:

I've always said I'm not going to sign up, I've always said I have my doubts and i've said all along that I really want it to work out though. That's what we all want at the end of the day, whatever is best for St Mirren.

You can't please all the people all the time. Its natural some people wont like it, just as long as enough are to make a success of it.

What's the alternative though?

It doesn't seem to me there's a lot sleds out there. The shares in the club have been available for a couple of years now, with no takers.

In addition they are hoping to use the scheme to grow the fanbase of the club, which has got to be worth a try.

ds10,

The alternative would be not supporting the CIC.

Like you say, the shares have been up for sale for a few years and if the fans didn't support the CIC the shares would still be up for sale and the club would continue to be run in the correct way.

The "correct way" is quite a big statement. The entire CIC argument stems around what is the best way to own a football club. Is it down to the highest bidder being able to do what they want with the club? Or is it down to protecting the future of the club and involving fans in decision making?

The 52% consortium shares will be sold - be sure of that. :)

ds10,

The alternative would be not supporting the CIC.

Like you say, the shares have been up for sale for a few years and if the fans didn't support the CIC the shares would still be up for sale and the club would continue to be run in the correct way.

As Sid says Stewart Gilmour and the consortium want out. They don't want to continue running the club. They will sell their shares to whoever they see as the best option.

While there remains plenty of 'ifs' and 'buts' about the CIC, the best option to me seems to try and make this a success. After all it's not a fully formed plan just now and the more ideas we all put into it the better it should work. It's up to us what we want it to be and how well it will work.

As Richard Atkinson points out in the worst case scenario and the CIC doesn't work, the shares will be up for sale again which is exactly the situation that we're in now. So I don't see that giving the CIC option a try will damage the club in any way.

The status quo is not an option and I don't really see any good alternatives out there.

Yes that is very clear, although I didn't ask anyone to volunteer ?

You could have saved yourself some time and embarassment there if you had checked your facts.

I merely posted a link to the 10000 Hours website where they were asking for volunteers.

In much the same way that I could post a link to any other website which is displaying information I think is of interest to St.Mirrren supporters.

What an absolute clown you have made of yourself. Again.