Volunteers Needed !

div

taking the piss aint they?

not only do 10000 hours want to buy St Mirren with your money but they want you to do the donkey work too.

Roll Up Roll Up

Big deal. When AWP had flyers printed to advertise the launch of the 'Final Chapter' book, we got a few Buddies to hand them out to supporters.

Your point caller is?

Big deal. When AWP had flyers printed to advertise the launch of the 'Final Chapter' book, we got a few Buddies to hand them out to supporters.

Your point caller is?

Poz,

Please correct me if I am wrong but,

yourself, Brian, Michael & Drew done the book for the love of it, not for profit but, to fill the void that resulted from St Mirren failing to do so themselves {or something like that}

for that reason alone, i'd disassociate the publicising of The Book from 10000 hours efforts to cast their net.

10000 hours are seeking donations investment from supporters so that they can buy St Mirren FC as a CiC {under the auspices of fan control} and they want the same donaters subscribers to distribute their propaganda leaflets too.

For the privilege of giving us yer money and installing us as the exec board of the CiC, here's some gumf to give out and hopefully catch us some more donations subscribers.

With the crowds expected at St Mirren Park, I'd suspect the fervent supporters of the CiC could have been approached directly instead of an appeal to all & sundry to do the donkey work.

Also, on another thread, someone suggested, if it's good enough for SMISA then the CiC should be good enough for us all. If that's the case, back to my point of supporters of the CiC, why not ask them to do it.

What's the 10000 hours boys up to this afternoon, dishing out the leaflets or lapping it up in hospitality?

Just my opinion

Edited by Kombi Buddie

Poz,

yourself, Brian, Michael & Drew done the book for the love of it, not for profit but, to fill the void that resulted from St Mirren failing to do so themselves {or something like that}

for that reason alone, i'd disassociate the publicising of The Book from 10000 hours efforts to cast their net.

10000 hours are seeking donations investment from supporters so that they can buy St Mirren FC as a CiC {under the auspices of fan control} and they want the same donaters subscribers to distribute their propaganda leaflets too.

For the privilege of giving us yer money and installing us as the exec board of the CiC, here's some gumf to give out and hopefully catch us some more donations subscribers.

With the crowds expected at St Mirren Park, I'd suspect the fervent supporters of the CiC could have been approached directly instead of an appeal to all & sundry to do the donkey work.

Also, on another thread, someone suggested, if it's good enough for SMISA then the CiC should be good enough for us all. If that's the case, back to my point of supporters of the CiC, why not ask them to do it.

What's the 10000 hours boys up to this afternoon, dishing out the leaflets or lapping it up in hospitality?

Just my opinion

What a lot of convoluted shite. :lol:

Stepping away from the hysterical dafty I do think there is an important point / question to be raised about levels of investment though.

We have students sweating about being able to afford the £120-a-year and for most of us investing £120-a-year does involve some level of personal sacrafice or even something dropping of the family budget spend. £360 over three years could be the budget for a new cooker, extra special holiday, etc. It is a significant investment. For most of us we will have worked our bawz aff to be able to have a bit of disposable income / savings to play with.

Then we have Richie Rich Atkinson, who by his own admission is not short of a few sheckles. He has a fairly secure and safe future that many Saints supporters could only dream of. I would hope that we will be seeing at minimum a corporate membership from at least one of the Maxi companies, I would hope that Richie Rich will be investing in an 87 club life membership......however even all of that would surely be a drop in the ocean for Richie?

The current investment system takes no cognicance of the individuals ability to invest. There is no means testing. It would suddenly become a lot more interesting if membership was based on a percentage of income. For someone on £12K per year after deductions, their £120 a year investment would be 1%. So someone on £24K should really be paying £240 a year, someone on 36K £360 per year and so on........that is before you factor in the realities of disposable income.

Based on these calculations Lawfud should be investing at least £40 a year in the CIC. :P

Richierich-comic.jpg

Kombi:

We did the book because we wanted to do something to commemorate the old midden where we all stood and watched Aber, Fitzy and Lexy. Like every Saints fan, we had an unexplainable emotional attachment to the North Bank ramp, the roofless lavvies, and the rickety old main stand.

It took four fans to do it. I've met Richard Atkinson a few times now, and have dealt with him on several projects, with more in the pipeline. I guarantee, if he'd been around - he probably would have come up with the book idea himself. Cut the guy some slack - all he asked for was some people to hand out leaflets.

He has energy and enthusiasm, has good ideas to burn. He's pro-active. If you don't fancy the CIC plan, fair do's - but I think it's very unfair to go off on one at the guy over a few leaflets.

Poz,

Just my opinion

I completely agree.

Frankly I was sickened and angry today to see these leaflets being put out. While Mr. A and Co. were sitting in the comfort of the boardroom.

Many of our fellow supporters WHO CAN ILL AFFORD to take part in this dubious idea are being conned into taking part in a scheme to turn our team into a rich man's plaything FUNDED BY SOME OF OUR POOREST SUPPORTERS.

What will be next ? How about putting out leaflets for the likes of WONGA.com. Invite supporters to borrow money at 4000% plus APR.

How about leaflets for a local loan shark.

St sid, Div and co. You should all be VERY ashamed of yourselves. Frankly after 40 odd years I don't know if I ever want to set foot in the place again.

Edited by animal

I completely agree.

Frankly I was sickened and angry today to see these leaflets being put out. While Mr. A and Co. were sitting in the comfort of the boardroom.

Many of our fellow supporters WHO CAN ILL AFFORD to take part in this dubious idea are being conned into taking part in a scheme to turn our team into a rich man's plaything FUNDED BY SOME OF OUR POOREST SUPPORTERS.

What will be next ? How about putting out leaflets for the likes of WONGA.com. Invite supporters to borrow money at 4000% plus APR.

St sid, Div and co. You should all be VERY ashamed of yourselves. Frankly after 40 odd years I don't know if I ever want to set foot in the place again.

Animal,

I don't have a problem with them distributing flyers, I feel they should be doing the donkey work themselves and not seeking volunteers themselves.

It may be convoluted shite but it's my convoluted shite :P

talking of convoluted shite, Means tested donations subscriptions, it took me half an hour to get my fat arse off the floor after laughing at that. A loaf of bread costs the same whether your Richard Atkinson, Richard Branson or some poor mug who was daft keen enough to volunteer for the donkey work today.

Poz,

me & you have debated the CiC on the Feeshal site and as i've said there, I hope I am wrong and you are right. There's far too many more willing for this to work {which I am too, but not convinced yet and will be delighted if I get proved wrong}

amyways, the leaflets are out now, job done.

I completely agree.

You'd be spouting off had it been a Sheikh, an investor from Eastern Europe, an Italian who FIFA should really do something about or any number of other people. From what I've seen you dismiss facts and turn small concerns, which can be managed or monitored, and turn them in to something akin to the design of the Maginot line.

You're one of the very few people who'll never be happy, with reality taking a backseat to flights of fancy.

How on earth this can be anyone's play thing is beyond me. "ill afford"???? Nobody is demanding they pay the money or even join, indeed I'm sure those who do join and then sit on a board know their life will be made hell by some supporters as that's just how football works. "You've no ideas, I have some but you're not seeing them as you're supposed to have them..." nonsense will be there, of that there's no doubt.

I didn't see you coming out and demanding Directors didn't mortages homes or their business, everything was rosey in your garden then.

After 40 years you should know that the Directors have never invested much in the squad and racking up debt has only ever led to disaster.

I handed out some leaflets myself today and I must say I was happy to do so!

This is happening so the childish complaints and rants are, well.............childish.

No one is being forced to back this so if your not happy then dont join. Personally I think this is a very good thing for St Mirren FC and I will be investing accordingly.

Thats the thing about choice!

You'd be spouting off had it been a Sheikh, an investor from Eastern Europe, an Italian who FIFA should really do something about or any number of other people. From what I've seen you dismiss facts and turn small concerns, which can be managed or monitored, and turn them in to something akin to the design of the Maginot line.

You're one of the very few people who'll never be happy, with reality taking a backseat to flights of fancy.

How on earth this can be anyone's play thing is beyond me. "ill afford"???? Nobody is demanding they pay the money or even join, indeed I'm sure those who do join and then sit on a board know their life will be made hell by some supporters as that's just how football works. "You've no ideas, I have some but you're not seeing them as you're supposed to have them..." nonsense will be there, of that there's no doubt.

I didn't see you coming out and demanding Directors didn't mortages homes or their business, everything was rosey in your garden then.

After 40 years you should know that the Directors have never invested much in the squad and racking up debt has only ever led to disaster.

At least Sheiks and the like would use their own money. I know, of course, no one is being forced to sign up but met two guys today who have signed up, and I know they are struggling financially to pay their bills. They are lifetime Saints fans, like myself, but they feel obliged to help out the Club they love.

Their £120 quid should be going to put food on the family table, not used to finance a scheme dreamed up by a multi millionaire who is not putting his hand in his pocket.

The former directors took an informed risk with their own money and it seems are about to be well rewarded for that risk.

I want no part in encouraging those who can least afford it, to pay for a multi millionaire's cost free take over of our club and neither should you.

At least Sheiks and the like would use their own money. I know, of course, no one is being forced to sign up but met two guys today who have signed up, and I know they are struggling financially to pay their bills. They are lifetime Saints fans, like myself, but they feel obliged to help out the Club they love.

Their £120 quid should be going to put food on the family table, not used to finance a scheme dreamed up by a multi millionaire who is not putting his hand in his pocket.

The former directors took an informed risk with their own money and it seems are about to be well rewarded for that risk.

I want no part in encouraging those who can least afford it, to pay for a multi millionaire's cost free take over of our club and neither should you.

Quite franklly thats none of your business. If these gentleman/ladies have made the decision to support the CIC then thats up to them. Other peoples financial freedom/choices should not concern you.

There are other things I could have spent my £120 on, also the £285 quid I spent on my seaon ticket, or the membership fees of a supporters club but I choose to spend it on St Mirren.

We get your point that you will not be investing, thankfully 600+ saiints fans will be and as such the CIC will be a success.

Based on these calculations Lawfud should be investing at least £40 a year in the CIC. :P

Ah ok. I was going for a family membership and possibly a community membership. I was expecting a bill close to £1000 pa but I'll happily pay £40 instead and I can spend the remainder on the North Lanarkshire CIC at Clyde instead. :rolleyes:

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Ah ok. I was going for a family membership and possibly a community membership. I was expecting a bill close to £1000 pa but I'll happily pay £40 instead. :rolleyes:

Ah ok. I was going for a family membership and possibly a community membership. I was expecting a bill close to £1000 pa but I'll happily pay £40 instead and I can spend the remainder on the North Lanarkshire CIC at Clyde instead. :rolleyes:

You should have listened to Zebedee, Stuart <_<

Surely a man of your means would be investing in an 87 club membership. You would get your name in lights at the club - I am sure if you gave Richie Rich an extra monkey he would let you stick a photo of your fat face on the 87 club hall of fame too. :P

Surely a man of your means would be investing in an 87 club membership. You would get your name in lights at the club - I am sure if you gave Richie Rich an extra monkey he would let you stick a photo of your fat face on the 87 club hall of fame too. :P

Why be so abusive?

What kind of vain twat would want their picture on a hall of fame? I prefer my anonymity.

I had a bizarre experience last year at Greenhill Road, I think it might have been for a midweek cup tie between St Mirren and Motherwell. My boys and I picked up our tickets at the main stand and pushed our way past stewards to walk through the large Motherwell support. My eldest son saw some guys he knew and they started chanting his name, a young lady shouted "Dickson your getting f**ked tonight" - I'm sure she meant me :P - and my youngest son passed a group of his school mates some of whom shook hands with him, and one girl gave him a cuddle.

We got to the St Mirren stand, sat down, a group of four guys started booing us, another called me a fat wanker, and someone else threw a half eaten pie which hit my youngest sons back.

Sticking pictures of myself up around the ground doesn't seem like a route towards watching a game in peace and quiet. :rolleyes: