Let's Hear From The Other Two Bidders ?

div

Dundee's disasters came when the Scottish Marr brothers were the owners rather than the foreigners didn't they?

Nope, Dixon almost put them out the game before the Marr brothers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1044257/EXCLUSIVE-Canadian-investors-linked-Dundee-deal.html

Edited by davidg

If i heard RA correctly at the meeting (and i was in the back row and may not have heard every word correctly) it was sounding like SG has asked the SFA to show the St Mirren board the document they would be expected to sign if they sell the club next week and which will require the selling consortium to declare they have done proper due diligence on any new owners and at this stage there is no document in existence for SG and the board to sign!

The SFA know that in the next week 2 SPL clubs could begin changing ownership and have just voted in a rule change to make the sellers of a club responsible for selling to 'fit and proper' persons and to sign a document saying they have done all reasonable due diligence but as yet the SFA can't provide a document or draft document so any sellers of clubs can see what they are supposed to sign off.

Crazy!

The other concern with the new SFA resolution is that it looks as if it is just there to cover their own backs post-Craig Whyte, so if another club owner looks dodgy no one can moan why did the SFA not stop them gaining control of the club in the first place? It is not clear what the SFA can do if someone sells a club and signs their document to say they have done due diligence and the new owners are fit and proper and then 2 or 3 years down the line there is an insolvency event and voila it looks like the new owners aren't fit and proper after all. The previous owners haven't got involved in another club and are no longer active in football, they could have moved abroad or retired what do the SFA do next?

This new SFA regulation is a bit of a red herring, the onus was always on the selling parties to do due diligence on prospective buyers, all the SFA are doing is getting a bit of paper saying 'reasonable due diligence' has been performed. Just exactly what is reasonable, Did Murray do reasonable due diligence on Whyte ? It's well known that a few hours after Whyte was announced as the buyer of rongers some people had discovered what he had been up to with other companies purely through internet searches, is that reasonable due diligence ? What if someone is found at the time to be reasonable but then due to relegation for example a club has an insolvency event does that then make them an unfit and unproper person ? What about Boyle at 'well, he has already taken them through an insolvency event, could that be described as fit and proper ?

10000 Hours route for me. Like many fans I've had some misgivings and it might well become a case of 'the lunatics taking over the asylum' ... but at least we'll all know that the lunatics involved share the same love of SMFC as we do. A choice between having Tony Fitzpatrick and GLS on the board or some shady vulture like Massone is no choice at all, surely.

Dundee's disasters came when the Scottish Marr brothers were the owners rather than the foreigners didn't they?

Similarly, it was Scottish owners who initially put Livingston into the mire.

In fairness I was answering your question - "When did Dundee have foreign owners?"

I have to admit I don't know what Ron Dixon (I got the name wrong) did to f**k over Dundee but any article talking about Dundee's list of disasters in the boardroom goes "Angus Cook, Ron Dixon, and di Stefano...."

In fairness I was answering your question - "When did Dundee have foreign owners?"

I have to admit I don't know what Ron Dixon (I got the name wrong) did to f**k over Dundee but any article talking about Dundee's list of disasters in the boardroom goes "Angus Cook, Ron Dixon, and di Stefano...."

Think Dixon introduced greyhound racing to Dens Park, spending a fair wad of wedge in building a track round the perimeter of the pitch. Backfired spectacularly and left Dundee in the shit financially. Think he also tried to flog Dens Park itself.

Certainly wasn't popular amongst the Dens Park brethren. When he created a role for Simon Stainrod as Director of Football Operations (DFO), it wasn't rocket science to discover the fans version of what DFO stood for.

Massone did bid for the club and was knocked back. But he was quoted in the PDE last week saying he was no longer involved in any bid to buy St Mirren. Can't find the story online to post a link.

Anyway, I do not believe the consortium would sell to someone who has already failed at another Scottish club. So whoever the two new bidders are, I think it's safe to say Massone is not among them and we should stop bandying his name around as a bogeyman.

However, I agree with Div's point at the start of the thread saying that it is a major problem for St Mirren fans not to know the identity of the other bidders. Regardless of what anybody sees to be good/bad points about the CIC, any fan who hasn't yet committed to 10,000 Hours now has a choice to make in which they don't know what all the the options are.

I appreciate that the board cannot breach commercial confidentiality, but if if one of the bidders was to go public and present their plans for the club now, fans will be able to perform due diligence as best they can, and then judge that bid on its own merits.

Any bidder which doesn't do so will only fuel the suspicion they have something to hide. Right now, a choice between the CIC or a leap in the dark can only benefit the CIC.

Anyway, I do not believe the consortium would sell to someone who has already failed at another Scottish club. So whoever the two new bidders are, I think it's safe to say Massone is not among them and we should stop bandying his name around as a bogeyman.

I'm sure REA said exactly this at the meeting on Thursday night..