Bin The Cic But Buy The Club!

With GLS as future chairman, we dont need REA and Chris the Rangers fan on the board . Instead of paying monthy subs for no return, pay £20 per month and get one share in the club per month. this way the 48% share holders would come on board. Many fans who have been put off by the CIC, thinking that they will be paying for REA & co & co & co and everyone else that he invites to the board room at every home game, would come on board and then I'm quite sure SMISA would be up for this proposal too. Just a thought!

So when will see formalised plans? When will you set up a method for fans to pay their money? When will you be making your announcement and leading the takeover? When is your expected timelines? Why haven't you come to the fore sooner?

Avid fan, but have a full-time job, and if you read my comment it was a 'thought'!! When this farce falls on its a**e, this could be an option!

It's not an option! How do you suggest we find the 500K than would be lost by Bii pulling out? What would be the interim procedure? Would you suddenly have votes for every clause of the constitution? Who would piece together the clause prior to vote? I'm sure there's more, but I'm reading a book about Barcelona and have a certain sense of reality. We have a CIC and fans who love the club, we're not in the middle of a Franco led Civil War. Get a grip, trust your fellow fan and support this!

Edited by TsuMirren

It's not an option! How do you suggest we find the 500K than would be lost by Bii pulling out? What would be the interim procedure? Would you suddenly have votes for every clause of the constitution? Who would piece together the clause prior to vote? I'm sure there's more, but I'm reading a book about Barcelona and have a certain sense of reality. We have a CIC and fans who love the club, we're not in the middle of a Franco led Civil War. Get a grip, trust your fellow fan and support this!

They are not gifting the money, they're charging you 8%, go to Tesco bank and get it cheaper. But with getting a share in the club surely more people would take up the option, you then have something to show for your financial outlay. And it is alright for me not to support it, as it is obvious that many other fans feel the same as me! If you like dictatorships, go for it!

Edited by One Anonymous User

They are not gifting the money, they're charging you 8%, go to Tesco bank and get it cheaper. But with getting a share in the club surely more people would take up the option, you then have something to show for your financial outlay. And it is alright for me not to support it, as it is obvious that many other fans feel the same as me! If you like dictatorships, go for it!

Why not back the CIC and vote REA off the board?

And dictatorship, not sure I buy that. And surely any private ownership is a dictatorship in effect?

While I think you have suggested not a bad idea it's a bit late to do such a thing.

Why not back the CIC and vote REA off the board?

And dictatorship, not sure I buy that. And surely any private ownership is a dictatorship in effect?

While I think you have suggested not a bad idea it's a bit late to do such a thing.

You're right it is a bit late but I have voiced my concerns from the beginning at shareholders meetings and to board members. I have never sat on the fence and many know who I am. I have also had difficulty accessing the forum until a few days ago!

With GLS as future chairman, we dont need REA and Chris the Rangers fan on the board . Instead of paying monthy subs for no return, pay £20 per month and get one share in the club per month. this way the 48% share holders would come on board. Many fans who have been put off by the CIC, thinking that they will be paying for REA & co & co & co and everyone else that he invites to the board room at every home game, would come on board and then I'm quite sure SMISA would be up for this proposal too. Just a thought!

So currently the CIC bid values each share at £13.13. You are proposing that each share be bought at £20 increasing the value of each share by more than 50%. So what one of the major shareholders are you? rolleyes.gif

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Yes there is still 1,000,000 to go but thats the consortiums price.They have agreed to phased payments intially 900,000 up front and then the rest over the next 3-5 years. My understanding is that if you wanted to buy the club it would cost 2,000,000 cash up front.As I said good luck with that.

Ok, I got a bit over excited, £13 a share, it was an example!! Just means we would pay the debt of quicker! I thought they were looking for £20 a share and no, I'm not a major shareholder, unfortunately! If it was £10 a share, you would get double your money, just an example!

Edited by One Anonymous User

Guest TPAFKATS

Yes there is still 1,000,000 to go but thats the consortiums price.They have agreed to phased payments intially 900,000 up front and then the rest over the next 3-5 years. My understanding is that if you wanted to buy the club it would cost 2,000,000 cash up front.As I said good luck with that.

And 2 years later still no takers...

Guest TPAFKATS

Apparently there are 2 other takers and several other bids previously if you believe the consortium and I have little reason not to, Others opinions may differ.

Irrelevent. No one has offered the price that the consortium want therefore the club has not yet been sold

In a similar vein,why don't we get every St.Mirren fan to buy a lottery ticket and see if we can win a couple of million pounds.

The person with the winning ticket can be the chairman,when we purchase the club.rolleyes.gif

What happened to your mate that said he was going to be the next chairman? I'm sure I spoke to him in Blackpool in 2008.