Abstain From The Vote?

Guest somner9

Guest somner9

If you feel as I do that the proposed questions are nothing more than a shameless exercise in scaremongering and attempt to boost 10000 membership and subs will you abstain until either.

We get a simple "yes/No" vote, we're intelligent enough to know and debate the possible outcomes.

Or?

The board grow a pair and dicharge their duty as custodians of the club to act on the feelings that supporters have expressed, and Vote "No" on our behalf.

What the hell has this vote got to do with an organisation that has failed on three occasions so far to get a credible bid across the line? 10000 hours do not own SMFC!

(And muggins here actually signed up to them!)

Guest somner9

Abstaining from the vote is pointless.

It will achieve nothing.

It will if the ridiculous questions are changed to something approaching a respectable format

It will if the ridiculous questions are changed to something approaching a respectable format

I thought the vote was for 10000 Hours members only. You're not one, indeed a Rangers fan couldn't do a better job of trying to persuade calm and well minded people to not join 10000 Hours.

Guest somner9

I thought the vote was for 10000 Hours members only. You're not one, indeed a Rangers fan couldn't do a better job of trying to persuade calm and well minded people to not join 10000 Hours.

You are factually incorrect in your assertions.

I don't know? we've not even had our constitution meeting and 10000 hours members have resorted to in-fightingclap.gif

i believe the email states that the questions are open to change if you feel you could propose better.

Our intended questions are as follows but we will consider changes or alternative questions prior to publication.

I'm not sure if you actually ever read anything ?

Our intended questions are as follows but we will consider changes or alternative questions prior to publication.

So instead of bumping your gums on here why not email back 10000Hours and submit your "respectable" format for considerations ?

Guest somner9

I'm not sure if you actually ever read anything ?

So instead of bumping your gums on here why not email back 10000Hours and submit your "respectable" format for considerations ?

Doing it now. but had actually thought this was a forum for adult debate about all things SMFC, and not a one party state?

given the content of the questions one could argue that a supplementary question based on the format of question 4 should be added for the other two reported bidders for the club?

Guest somner9

What will you achieve by abstaining?

It will simply be one less person voting no.

I will be content with myself that I did not participate in a rigged question vote. and it seems by the comments on here and the other "Vote" thread that 10000 hours have called this wrong (individuals prepared to pull out of the cic), and the club have shown a stunning lack of respect for their support by letting ONE of the bidders for the club run a vote on the whole issue of the club's future.

Doing it now. but had actually thought this was a forum for adult debate about all things SMFC, and not a one party state?

given the content of the questions one could argue that a supplementary question based on the format of question 4 should be added for the other two reported bidders for the club?

Do you think your first post is worded in a way that encourages adult debate? Reads like you want to stir up acrimony even if you didn't intend to. Can we keep it calm?

Guest somner9

Do you think your first post is worded in a way that encourages adult debate? Reads like you want to stir up acrimony even if you didn't intend to. Can we keep it calm?

Yes I do, because you can agree or disagree or just ignore it.

What I think does not inspire adult debate is being shouted down by the mods/owner on what is a saints fans forum for discussing a selection of highly controversial questions. That is not democracy in action

I will be content with myself that I did not participate in a rigged question vote. and it seems by the comments on here and the other "Vote" thread that 10000 hours have called this wrong (individuals prepared to pull out of the cic), and the club have shown a stunning lack of respect for their support by letting ONE of the bidders for the club run a vote on the whole issue of the club's future.

I can see what you're getting at with respect to the wording.

I have a bit more faith in the Saints support. I think they will get a No vote irrespective of how the questions are phrased.

Not to a Newco under any circumstances.

What I think does not inspire adult debate is being shouted down by the mods/owner on what is a saints fans forum for discussing a selection of highly controversial questions. That is not democracy in action

I was merely pointing out that you had been given a route to propose altnerative/amendments to the questions and that this may be a better use of your time rather than just ranting about it on here which would have done very little good.

Now that you have sent in your email feel free to rant away as much as you like !

Guest somner9

I was merely pointing out that you had been given a route to propose altnerative/amendments to the questions and that this may be a better use of your time rather than just ranting about it on here which would have done very little good.

Now that you have sent in your email feel free to rant away as much as you like !

With respect if you believe my posts are nothing more than rants? then leave them be (all rules permitting) to the consideration of all and sundry to agree, disagree or register no interest. It serves little purpose to traet them otherwise if thay are only rants.

However it is poor form to comment on them from perspective of an organisation that as yet does not own any part of SMFC and indeed an organisation that shouldn't be trying to dictate what saints fans debate. either everything is up for debate or it isn't and myself or any other poster can decide if it's a good use of their time or not.

Inspite of how you may feel given your indepth involvement, you do not have to rush to the defence of 10000 hours on every given subject. let the people speak/rant/waffle whatever.

Guest somner9

I don't know why anyone would want to abstain - I think ktf stated he'd be doing that in another thread. Just vote no ya dafties. 1eye.gif

Sid it leaves a rather unpleasant taste in the mouth that a supposed "fans" organisation consults on the questions, then ignores the feedback and puts them anyway including the question where they plead for more debt before they've even been able to table a bid. 10000 hours have shamefully sought to make this vote about them rather than scottish football and St Mirren.

Shame on them, first consultation with the fans and they've ignored the feedback. shape of things to come from the self appointed BoD???

I don't know why anyone would want to abstain - I think ktf stated he'd be doing that in another thread. Just vote no ya dafties. 1eye.gif

I changed my mind and voted no, no, no, yes.

Everyone should be allowed a "reborn saint moment"'

Sid it leaves a rather unpleasant taste in the mouth that a supposed "fans" organisation consults on the questions, then ignores the feedback and puts them anyway including the question where they plead for more debt before they've even been able to table a bid. 10000 hours have shamefully sought to make this vote about them rather than scottish football and St Mirren.

Shame on them, first consultation with the fans and they've ignored the feedback. shape of things to come from the self appointed BoD???

somner9.....I think you are misreading the situation. 10000 Hours weren't ignoring the feedback, they just can't be arsed reviewing it. Pretty much the same thing with the constitution feedback. The fans are no more than a funding source to 10000 Hours. The proper ignoring was when fans went for months without any communication from 10000 Hours. The communication gets ramped up whenever they need to push for more direct debits.

The results of the vote are getting strange. Still only 59% of the vote in.

19 CIC Members (not necessarily St Mirren fans) want to put the newco straight into the SPL. blink.png

112 CIC Members (worryingly near 20%) reckon scumgers newco should be allowed into the SPL if there is a threat of administration for us.

Then bizarrely 119 CIC Members (about 20%) wouldn't help St Mirren out if it did get into financial difficulty.

Intersting stuff.

What a mess the whole scenario is - the cic takeover bid, the newco, voting yes or no.

The people I feel sorry for are the staff that are employed by the teams within the SPL.

These are the ones that are in danger of losing their job and in some cases it might be their home to.

To ask fans to make this decision on the newco is a joke as financially it will not affect 99.9% of the fans on a day to day basis.

If it was us that were in the possible position of us losing our job or possibly your home, would you vote yes or no, again I'm sure the majority would vote yes.

The results of the vote are getting strange. Still only 59% of the vote in.

19 CIC Members (not necessarily St Mirren fans) want to put the newco straight into the SPL. blink.png

112 CIC Members (worryingly near 20%) reckon scumgers newco should be allowed into the SPL if there is a threat of administration for us.

Then bizarrely 119 CIC Members (about 20%) wouldn't help St Mirren out if it did get into financial difficulty.

Intersting stuff.

Don't think the PDE will swallow this one. whistling.gif