Gus Macpherson

Jp_92

Gus was a great manager in the first division and at keeping us up for the first maybe 3 years but after that things stayed the same and other clubs moved forward. Things became stale and he had done his piece, so it was time for a new man to come in, up steps Danny, he had a bit of a rough start but I also believe he has been a good manager for us, we have made improvements on a reduced budget, but there will come a point when things get stale and he has to move on, then we can compare them both. St Mirren will never have a Fantastic manager who has the right balance of keeping it tight and bringing entertainment and if they do he won't be around long. For St Mirren Gus and Danny have BOTH done a great job respectively

Checkmate.

You almost had a good debate there FS, pity you threw in the towel so early. Better luck next time bye1.gif

Just to explain why I "Threw in the towel", your "rant" had 9 questions in there. 1eye.gif

This has become you fairly new tactic and as I had nose hairs to trim I bailed out.

If you think by not taking the time to come back to you makes you some sort of winner, then well done. bye1.gifbye1.gif

Just to explain why I "Threw in the towel", your "rant" had 9 questions in there. Posted Image

This has become you fairly new tactic and as I had nose hairs to trim I bailed out.

If you think by not taking the time to come back to you makes you some sort of winner, then well done. Posted ImagePosted Image

I'll try break it down and simplify it a bit for you later pal, but I'm off to the game now, see you there :wink:

I fully appreciate that Gus took over at a difficult time and turned us around, he took us to the first division championship and the challenge cup win, but my abiding memory of his philosophy is playing wee Dargo up front on his own against monster centrebacks, and pumping long balls in his general direction, that was a few years ago mind, and hopefully he has learned not to tell the paying supporters that if you want entertainment then go to the pictures..

not wanting to start a Gus argument as it is boring but when did he ever play Dargo up front on his own?

The whole cinema thing is also a myth, it was Bobby Williamson that said it, Gus maybe made reference to it but it was Williamsons quote.