Helicopter Crash....glasgow City Centre

HSS

I'm no expert, but I'd have thought that following several tragic incidents in the North Sea, by now, all helicopters that take to the air in UK airspace would be required to have some sort of equipment fitted that would give investigators a fighting chance of clearly identifying what went wrong in the event of any subsequent helicopter incidents. It seems an act of gross negligence that ANY piece of machinery that takes to the skies and carries people is not fitted with all sorts of 'black box' type technology.

I wouldn't be surprised if that became a mandatory requirement on the back of the AAIB enquiry.

Any chance we can leave it to the AAIB to decide what happened rather than making wild guesses?

What? You mean..................................thumbup2.gif

Amazing the amount of people who think they know better with no relevant knowledge.

Speculation, not really what's called for in this instance.

Edited by faraway saint

Any chance we can leave it to the AAIB to decide what happened rather than making wild guesses?

I wasn't making 'wild guesses' my opinions are based upon having had 30 odd flying lessons in the past, regular helicopter trips through work and what members of the aviation community have been saying in the last days.

What? You mean..................................thumbup2.gif

Amazing the amount of people who think they know better with no relevant knowledge.

Yes and you could assume the same about people with no relevant knowledge making assumptions that nobody else has either...bye1.gif

Yes and you could assume the same about people with no relevant knowledge making assumptions that nobody else has either...bye1.gif

People have died, best to leave "speculation" to the experts, thanks for your guesses though, I'm sure they will help. bye1.gif

PS Funny how you thought this was aimed at you.......................

Edited by faraway saint

People have died, best to leave "speculation" to the experts, thanks for your guesses though, I'm sure they will help. bye1.gif

PS Funny how you thought this was aimed at you.......................

"People have died" Oh really, and you think I don't appreciate that ? thumbdown.gif

It is perfectly natural to speculate as to the cause of an accident like this on a public forum or elsewhere.. Perfectly natural to do so without showing any disrespect for the dead or pandering to the whims of smart arse nugget like yourself too ! You have lowered the tone here son, not me or anyone else discussing the accident ! bangin.gif

"People have died" Oh really, and you think I don't appreciate that ? thumbdown.gif

It is perfectly natural to speculate as to the cause of an accident like this on a public forum or elsewhere.. Perfectly natural to do so without showing any disrespect for the dead or pandering to the whims of smart arse nugget like yourself too ! You have lowered the tone here son, not me or anyone else discussing the accident ! bangin.gif

Deleted.

PS You're the one lowering the tone, any further comments keep them to PM, no need to show yourself up any further.

Edited by faraway saint

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-25427114

Disgusting,scumbag bastards.Hope they get the shit kicked out of them wherever they do their remand.

The unnamed 16 year old comes from Paisley.Hope she never returns.

On the Paul McGowan thread we are seeing people slaughtered for condemning a man who has already pleaded guilty to a far more serious offence.

Shouldn't we allow them to be convicted first before advocating punishment?

Two of them are 16 years old FFS.

If this had been a Saints footballer I guarantee we'd be seeing a different response to this.

Edited by oaksoft

On the Paul McGowan thread we are seeing people slaughtered for condemning a man who has already pleaded guilty to a far more serious offence.

Shouldn't we allow them to be convicted first before advocating punishment?

Two of them are 16 years old FFS.

If this had been a Saints footballer I guarantee we'd be seeing a different response to this.

Actually 3 of them are 16.

Edited by HSS

Nice thread for that post Joe. thumbdown.gif

I don't know your real name but man to man its all about opinions, you are entitled to yours and everyone else is entitled to theirs.

I just don't want to lose great posters like Firhill Saint, you and shull are hijacking just about every thread and pissing a lot

of good posters off.

Can you two not just have a little break from this, it is tedious and a real grind to see the same rubbish from you two in just about

every thread, just as bad as that other silly Lahndahn bollox with his spelling diatribes.

I've made my point, so I'll say not more on this thread.

I don't know your real name but man to man its all about opinions, you are entitled to yours and everyone else is entitled to theirs.

I just don't want to lose great posters like Firhill Saint, you and shull are hijacking just about every thread and pissing a lot

of good posters off.

Can you two not just have a little break from this, it is tedious and a real grind to see the same rubbish from you two in just about

every thread, just as bad as that other silly Lahndahn bollox with his spelling diatribes.

I've made my point, so I'll say not more on this thread.

There are no great posters on this or any other forum.