Hibernian V St Mirren 18/1/2014

faraway saint

Well yes & no! If we'd beaten Hibs & lost to Thistle & they would have been comparatively 1 point better off over the two week period, lose to Hibs and beat Thistle and we would be 2 points better off over the corresponding period. All hypothetical like! wacko.png

It's more important to pick up points against our immediate rivals for the play-off spot with the points swing - we will be level with Thistle on points if we lose, 3 ahead if we draw and the proverbial 6 ahead if we win.

Like I said on the other thread when Thistle took the lead on Saturday they were provisionally in 8th place but finished up in 11th by 5pm - look out them brown trousers! bag.gif

The counter argument is the 3 points on Saturday means we are closer to Hibs and personally I'd rather we tried to catch the teams above us which means not only getting the 3 points against the teams below us but also beating the teams we are still in touch with. So both 3 points are equal.

Well yes & no!  If we'd beaten Hibs & lost to Thistle & they would have been comparatively 1 point better off over the two week period,  lose to Hibs and beat Thistle and we would be 2 points better off over the corresponding period. All hypothetical like! Posted Image

It's more important to pick up points against our immediate rivals for the play-off spot with the points swing - we will be level with Thistle on points if we lose, 3 ahead if we draw and the proverbial 6 ahead if we win.

Like I said on the other thread when Thistle took the lead on Saturday they were provisionally in 8th place but finished up in 11th by 5pm - look out them brown trousers! Posted Image

I want to finish above Hibs more than I want to finish above Partick as hopefully finishing above Partick will be a byproduct of finishing above Hibs.

The counter argument is the 3 points on Saturday means we are closer to Hibs and personally I'd rather we tried to catch the teams above us which means not only getting the 3 points against the teams below us but also beating the teams we are still in touch with. So both 3 points are equal.

I want to finish above Hibs more than I want to finish above Partick as hopefully finishing above Partick will be a byproduct of finishing above Hibs.

I suppose we've all got different perspectives - I'd like to see us win every game we play but we're still closer, in terms of points, to Thistle then Hibs.