Hibernian V St Mirren 18/1/2014

faraway saint

Anyone heard from norrie today?

Just back home and yes wanted to come on to congratulate the team today. The first half was breathtaking at times whilst the second was pretty crap. Great game and a great win dibble. That said its only 9 points from a possible thirty and we now must go on a run and get ourselves clear of the relegation battle

Dibble were you at the game cos your on here saying norrie norrie what's the score like a kid. Aren't you a forty year old man. Norrie norrie what's the score? I mean at 3.41 when your childishly typing on here I'm at Easter road loving every minute of a saints performance. You must have got me wrong dibble I call it as I see it it's a game of opinions and that's a fact. I don't like your opinion you don't like mine. Every Saturday home and away I will reiterate I am there supporting my team I do not waver in my support of the team at the actual match I desperately want them to win. I back our boys. When you get home and come on here its opinion time but unless everything's pro Danny or pro stmirren your no happy. Saints were magic today for spells and I am delighted to say that and I am even more delighted that at 3.41 I was clapping and singing with the rest of the die hard fans in the stadium whilst you were typing on here. Seriously man you need to get a life! Norrie was there and norrie loved it

Edited by norrie82

I'm sitting here waiting to go for breakfast and still can't quite believe we went a ground we are historically bad at and went 3 up against a rejuvinated Hibs; side.

I was sitting in a pub in Baku with a load of the Rangers' supporters and one solitary "friendly". I had no intentions of looking at the score till I could do so in the privacy of my hotel room but the braver Buddie in my company monitored the scoreline. 0-1. Wow. A bit early to score. We left it alone while indulging in the neccessary refreshments until he revisited.THREE NIL he exclaimed. Aye right. First half hadn't finished. Sure enough. The boy done did tell the truth.

As normal Saints had us on the edge of our seats with the evil twins followers ready for the "banter" after Saints once again capitulated. thankfully that didn't transpire and Saints' took to the M8, 3 points in the bag and a band of merry Buddies in tow.

Well done to the team and well done to those who braved what could have been a bad day at the office.

I'll be back in time for the PT showdown and hope for a performance akin to that some suggested we had in the first 45.punk.gifpunk.gifpunk.gifpunk.gif

Well done Buds!

Yet another manager bleating about how bad their team was, after being outplayed by The Buddies.

As much as I like Darren McGregor, he will need to stop dropping back 2 or 3 yeards behind the defensive line when crosses come in. Hibs would have had three men offside at their second goal if Darren had kept the line. He did it on other crosses during the game and at Killie

Well done Buds!

Yet another manager bleating about how bad their team was, after being outplayed by The Buddies.

As much as I like Darren McGregor, he will need to stop dropping back 2 or 3 yeards behind the defensive line when crosses come in. Hibs would have had three men offside at their second goal if Darren had kept the line. He did it on other crosses during the game and at Killie

I'm glad someone else is seeing it, been posting this for months.

Solid all round defender but this lets him down at times and has been costly for us.

Edited by davidg

Goodwin might as well chuck it . How he can concentrate on playing for 90 mins when he gets that sort of treatment is a miracle. A booking for a nothing challenge just goes to show that people can't think for themselves. Jumping on a bandwagon is a throwback to being a child and sadly some people never grow out of it. We won that game with a world class first half performance going forward. When was the last time we were 3 up at half time? Not surprised that the second half panned out as it did as we are clearly not used to being so much in command. Hard to judge from just the highlights but it would seem that we are not sure who is in charge of our defence, each one waiting for the others to attack the ball/ player.hopefully this week may address that. In saying that it must not overshadow a fantastic attacking first half. Three goals from three different scorers shows that we might just give the opposition a bit more to think about rather than just relying on thommo

Goodwin's booking was a travesty, if it was based solely on that one challenge.

All he did was put his body in the way of the other player.

Thought all three of our goals were superb moves and finishes. We were just too quick for them. McGinn's contributions for the second and third were sheer class.

As already mentioned a CH is a priority. Poor defending for both goals and we could have lost another when two of the diddies left the ball to each other.

Goodwin's booking was a travesty, if it was based solely on that one challenge.

All he did was put his body in the way of the other player.

Thought all three of our goals were superb moves and finishes. We were just too quick for them. McGinn's contributions for the second and third were sheer class.

As already mentioned a CH is a priority. Poor defending for both goals and we could have lost another when two of the diddies left the ball to each other.

A great summary. I'd only add that Gowser's superb turn and shot that clipped the top of the bar was just sublime. if it had gone in we would probably have rattled in a few more because Hibs would have crumbled.

I'm glad someone else is seeing it, been posting this for months.

Solid all round defender but this lets him down at times and has been costly for us.

Noticed it on the highlights too, he's cost us a few goals because of doing that. Seems to lose concentration if he's not challenging the ball.

Goodys booking looked soft, looked like he just tried to hold the player off.

All 3 goals were sexy. Brilliant football from us. Adam Campbell is a great signing, fast as f**k and his finishing is sharp.

Our first goal was Goodwins fault, he totally left his man and gave him a free header. Newton comes off the near post and almost gets there.

2nd McGregor plays everyone onside.

But, 3 points is 3 points and it's a brilliant result.

Edited by davidg

Just back home and yes wanted to come on to congratulate the team today. The first half was breathtaking at times whilst the second was pretty crap. Great game and a great win dibble. That said its only 9 points from a possible thirty and we now must go on a run and get ourselves clear of the relegation battle

Since our horror start i.e. the Aberdeen game when we stopped the rot its 7 wins and 5 draws from 18 games in both comps. Thats over a 4 month or so period so more long term our form isn't too bad it's just the chronically streaky nature of the results both good and bad that's continuing to baffle me.

Oh well if we must.

I see us giving HIbs a work out , slightly more than a routine training match , them eventually scoring twice from our defensive and midfield profligacy.

I think we'll go through the motions and cannot see a change in our recent form, attitude, options or game plan. I think there are serious questions about us now and I dunno if I could stomach us making Hibs look good

In fact, I might go see the Castle instead.

Tah dah !

Lol

I hate the fact that I was right about these two second half goals, damn and basturt !

Anyway seems like a right Jeckyl and Hyde show from us, couldn't give a rats ass , three welcome if unexpected points. Nearly swallowed my tonsils when I saw the HT score, yet even then had the fear about the next goal, I' d have had a heart attack if I was watching that live yesterday! what a nightmare last five minutes.

Anyway , please let's build on this very necessary three points and do Tjistle next week.

C'mon ST Mirren, time to be convincing winners

Goodys booking looked soft, looked like he just tried to hold the player off.

All 3 goals were sexy. Brilliant football from us. Adam Campbell is a great signing, fast as f**k and his finishing is sharp.

Our first goal was Goodwins fault, he totally left his man and have him a free header. Newton comes off the near post and almost gets there.

2nd McGregor plays everyone onside.

But, 3 points is 3 points and it's a brilliant result.

I fear for Goodwin just now. He seems now to be a problem and trouble magnet, rightly or wrongly. Easily identifiable on the park for refs etc etc . I think he is done for in the eyes of many and is a soft target for yellows now. When carded his game is over for us.

The constant ability of people to see exactly why we lose goals is always amusing.

Never any recognition that the opposition, and I'm not just talking about yesterday, could have done something special to deserve a goal.

Watching the Man City v Cardiff highlights earlier really brought this home.

The Cardiff first goal was a great goal, great chip/pass, nice quick pass onto a player who scored a great goal. The commentator blabbered on how this defender and that defender should/could have done this/that.

If it was that easy there would be no goals.

I'm not saying some of the goals we, or other teams, lose are not preventable but not all goals, as it seems on here, are.

There's never any points made that the oppositions defence was shit when we score a goal.

The constant ability of people to see exactly why we lose goals is always amusing.

Never any recognition that the opposition, and I'm not just talking about yesterday, could have done something special to deserve a goal.

Watching the Man City v Cardiff highlights earlier really brought this home.

The Cardiff first goal was a great goal, great chip/pass, nice quick pass onto a player who scored a great goal. The commentator blabbered on how this defender and that defender should/could have done this/that.

If it was that easy there would be no goals.

I'm not saying some of the goals we, or other teams, lose are not preventable but not all goals, as it seems on here, are.

There's never any points made that the oppositions defence was shit when we score a goal.

For a change, I actually agree with you. ph34r.png

Indeed, every single goal could be called a defensive mistake.

For a change, I actually agree with you. ph34r.png

Indeed, every single goal could be called a defensive mistake.

Correct.

However there are different degrees of culpability.

If you're standing in splendid isolation whilst the player you're supposed to be marking nods the ball gleefully into the pokey, you could apportion more blame to yourself, compared to a situation where you put in a strong challenge and the striker you're marking has to work hard and produce a moment of genius to score.

Sadly, we seem to defend with more of the former rather than the latter and the opposition doesn't have to work that hard to score against us.

Of course the end result is the same, but I'd much rather our defenders were at least doing the basics properly i.e. attacking the ball before it bounces or keeping a tight defensive line, to mention a couple of our frailties.

One would hope that getting the basics right, might just lead to a better standard of defending..

The Hibs goals weren't well worked at all though, it was school boy defending from us. Leaving someone with that much space in the box is shocking, yet we seem to be guilty of it most weeks, we fail to make it difficult for the opposition when defending such plays, our tactic is hope that the ball goes near Thompson.

It's no wonder that our goal difference is standing at -15, when we have failed to address a constant weakness. It's almost as if we don't bother practicing set-pieces, attacking or defending.