Hibernian V St Mirren 18/1/2014

faraway saint

Alright guys, NUFC fan here. What did you lot think of Adam Campbell today? heard his goal was good

I wasn't there so can only relate what I heard on the radio and some posts from guys who were at the game.

So far we have played him as a striker with Steven Thompson being the target man. To mind mind Campbell doesnt have the physique for that position at the moment being easily pushed off the ball. To-day he was played wider and the radio commentry described him as a flying machine causing great problems to the Hibs defence scoring a cracking goal. Campbell playing wide also allows McGowan to play a lot further forward giving us a far more effective strikeforce. Can we keep Campbell?

Edit: spelling :)

Edited by Sonny

Someone said not even a shot at goal in the second half that says it all.

Good thing we had 3 in the onion bag in the first half then but you conveniently (for your purposes) neglect that. If you are still moaning after an away win at Easter Road I suggest you start following a different sport or at the very least a different team. You wont be missed one bit. I do not know one single Saints fan who isn't delighted tonight bar yourself and probably your other alias Froggie. Just give it up for all our sakes.

Fantastic win today. We were outstanding in the first half and probably deserved to be more then 3-0 up. Second half hibs looked a lot better than they did in the first, caused us a lot more problems. Thought McGowan was brilliant today, definitely our man of the match. McGinn had a very solid game as did Campbell who both set up and took his goal very well. I would say we deserved to win by more than one goal, but I would happily take 3-2 every day of the week.

I wasn't there so can only relate what I heard on the radio and some posts from guys who were at the game.

So far we have played him as a striker with Steven Thompson being the target man. To mind mind Campbell doesnt have the physique for that position at the moment being easily pushed off the ball. To-day he was played wider and the radio commentry described him as a flying machine causing great problems to the Hibs defence scoring a cracking goal. Campbell playing wide also allows McGowan to play a lot further problem giving us a far more effective strikeforce. Can we keep Campbell?

Sounds good! im hoping hes can return to Newcastle an even better player and challenge for a first team spot, so i wouldnt want him leaving on a permanent smile.png. Hes had great reviews as a young player at Newcastle and maybe he could be become a Geordie legend in the future, but maybe he should be pushed out wide if thats where he can play to his full capabilities. I wish him, Newton and St.Mirren well. Hopefully Campbell can be a real asset for you and keeps scoring

Good thing we had 3 in the onion bag in the first half then but you conveniently (for your purposes) neglect that. If you are still moaning after an away win at Easter Road I suggest you start following a different sport or at the very least a different team. You wont be missed one bit. I do not know one single Saints fan who isn't delighted tonight bar yourself and probably your other alias Froggie. Just give it up for all our sakes.

I never once said I was not delighted with the result today a guy asked if we sat back in the second half and another responded with not a shot on goal in the second half .So where was I moaning about it I'm over the moon we won but bloody hell do we make things hard for ourselfs.

I never once said I was not delighted with the result today a guy asked if we sat back in the second half and another responded with not a shot on goal in the second half .So where was I moaning about it I'm over the moon we won but bloody hell do we make things hard for ourselfs.

so what was "says it all" about then. Didn't smack of delight to me but hey we won so I'm not in the mood for arguing. I accept you are as delighted as the rest of us. Enjoy the moment.

Sounds good! im hoping hes can return to Newcastle an even better player and challenge for a first team spot, so i wouldnt want him leaving on a permanent smile.png. Hes had great reviews as a young player at Newcastle and maybe he could be become a Geordie legend in the future, but maybe he should be pushed out wide if thats where he can play to his full capabilities. I wish him, Newton and St.Mirren well. Hopefully Campbell can be a real asset for you and keeps scoring

Hopefully the relationship continues to see top youngsters from the north east heading to Paisley and the first team football helps them return stronger.

Heading to on the choo choo to SJP in a fortnight for the SMB game. Can't wait :D

Edited by davidg

so what was "says it all" about then. Didn't smack of delight to me but hey we won so I'm not in the mood for arguing. I accept you are as delighted as the rest of us. Enjoy the moment.

Says it all means .that once again we seem to have sat back and had us all shitting ourselfs.

Says it all means .that once again we seem to have sat back and had us all shitting ourselfs.

How the fcuk do you know "we sat back"?

I know you have trouble thinking but, and this only another possibility, Butcher blew his top at half time and they upped their game?

You really are a tedious sad individual!

Edited by faraway saint

Saying in that report Goody got yellow for elbowing Hibs guy in face and subbed shortly thereafter. Anyone who travelled through confirm ???

I was too far away to see if it was an elbow, but it seemed to be a flail of the arm across the face. Considering the ref had already given him his final warning, it was almost inviting the ref to book him.

Up till then, he had a very disciplined performance. Good skills on the ball and strong in the tackle. Very disappointing that he gave the ref the excuse to flash the yellow card

Edited by beyond our ken

Bossed the first half with some quite frankly brilliant football. The level of performance of everyone in a Saints shirt (especially the young guys) in the first 45 should give everyone genuine cause for optimism. Second half was a predictable barrage of pressure and the defence was a bit shaky but it's one hell of an away win. Butcher's face at half-time....priceless.

Edited by The Stickroth Fanclub

Bossed the first half with some quite frankly brilliant football. The level of performance of everyone in a Saints shirt (especially the young guys) in the first 45 should give everyone genuine cause for optimism. Second half was a predictable barrage of pressure and the defence was a bit shaky but it's one hell of an away win. Butcher's face at half-time....priceless.

But big Terry says it was because Hibs were awful not because we were great .