Motorcycle Lessons

zohan mctavish

I did a direct access week long course in 1996.

It's very demanding as you are out on the road all day, but it is in my opinion the best way to learn.

I wish we would introduce a law in this country that everyone has to sit a CBT before they are allowed to learn to drive a car.

My wife and I sold our bikes a few years back when the kids arrived, but I aim to get one again.

Yup , agree with that.

Always fancied a motorbike it must be thrilling being out in the country on a twisty road. Nearly made the plunge last year but had a good think and thought I would end up killing myself , one because I love pushing things to the limit , two because there are so many scary drivers out there who have no f**kin clue. So ended up buying a second hand sports car for summer use only one that have always wanted. Four wheels some how feels safer.

Use your head and always think what might be round a blind corner , so many vans in particular cut blind spot corners know this from living in the country for the past 20years. Go for it and enjoy but never forget safety first.

Always fancied a motorbike it must be thrilling being out in the country on a twisty road. Nearly made the plunge last year but had a good think and thought I would end up killing myself , one because I love pushing things to the limit , two because there are so many scary drivers out there who have no f**kin clue. So ended up buying a second hand sports car for summer use only one that have always wanted. Four wheels some how feels safer.

Use your head and always think what might be round a blind corner , so many vans in particular cut blind spot corners know this from living in the country for the past 20years. Go for it and enjoy but never forget safety first.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm looking to get my motorcycle license can anyone recommend a good instructor in the area?

It is a stupid way to travel, throughout my extraordinary long lifespan I have known several competent motorcyclists who have succumbed to serious injuries caused whilst riding these stupid machines. Such dangerous pursuits are best left to supporters of the evil Glasgow two and not for decent people such as users of this forum.

Motorbikes and also horses for that matter are just daft. Try smoking instead it is much safer!!!!