So Farewell (For A While) Dlt

Lord Pityme

Cheers ZA for your legal input. I'm sure thats where others were coming from too

One point you make is interesting - what's the relevance of when the offence took place?

I'd suppose it might be down to the differing states of 'political correctness' between then and now and the fact the 'crime' was not reported until many years later and after a precedent had been set by Operation Yewtree. What am I trying to say here ? Oh yes, I'm pretty certain many a cleavage was grabbed by an amporous male twenty odd years ago that we'll never hear about. I'd never condone any kind of aggressive sexual conduct by anyone, but I do sometimes wonder in these celebrity cases nowadays why the complainers chose to complain now and not back then.

Cheers ZA for your legal input. I'm sure thats where others were coming from too

One point you make is interesting - what's the relevance of when the offence took place?

Ah, this is tricky to sum up in a short post - but I'll give it a go. There are types of offence that are much more likely to be isolated incidents, and types of offence that can be indicators of there being more than one victim. Say a drunken fight after a night out at the pub - not likely to become a repeat offence in a patterned or systematic way. Sexual assaults on the other hand can be indicators of a number of things, one of which is that it becomes a pattern of behaviour. So if this happened 20 years ago, with no proven episode of re-offending in the interim, it is much less likely to be a continual problem, there's also a huge amount of scope for being precise with the background reports (i.e. had he done anything else in the 19 year period between then and now). The fact that the background reports will have come back clean, along with the lack of evidence of re-offending over such a length of time would make the time period relevant.

I know what I mean, just not sure if I'm putting it across properly....

The way dlt responded on the court steps after his conviction IMO was the attitude of a pervert caught and convicted but still playing to his loyal crowd..what licks touches and gropes like a perv ..is usually something we wouldn't like near our families. .

I'd suppose it might be down to the differing states of 'political correctness' between then and now and the fact the 'crime' was not reported until many years later and after a precedent had been set by Operation Yewtree. What am I trying to say here ? Oh yes, I'm pretty certain many a cleavage was grabbed by an amporous male twenty odd years ago that we'll never hear about. I'd never condone any kind of aggressive sexual conduct by anyone, but I do sometimes wonder in these celebrity cases nowadays why the complainers chose to complain now and not back then.

Also , some individuals have increased their wealth by the taking of his wealth . .