Wee Eck - Breaking The Political Mould?

Guest TPAFKATS

You should have read the following lines for your answer. :)

"Note: Burns was a God fearing man. This poem is not anti religion. It is stricly a condemnation of religious hypocrisy and self righteousness."

You should have read the following lines for your answer. smile.png

"Note: Burns was a God fearing man. This poem is not anti religion. It is stricly a condemnation of religious hypocrisy and self righteousness."

Ah, somebody who listened at school? Not damned if he does but damned if he pontificates about the deed.

Always thought that was a lot of nonsense. If people want to give to charity and keep it to themselves and that's a choice. I much rather people who give make it as public as they like and hopefully it encourages others to give. Far too many people with a stack of cash already just want more of it. Not a huge fan of Alex Salmond but he's gone up in my estimation.

Always thought that was a lot of nonsense. If people want to give to charity and keep it to themselves and that's a choice. I much rather people who give make it as public as they like and hopefully it encourages others to give. Far too many people with a stack of cash already just want more of it. Not a huge fan of Alex Salmond but he's gone up in my estimation.

correct, if he doesnt go public people will assume he trousered the cash and he is setting the bar for other politicians.

Only a few days since someone related some of his expenses claims and voting record at Westminster on another thread but it didn't take long for the snipers to take aim when he does a wee bit of good

It's actually quite a sad reflection on society that he felt the need to make a statement, it's his money-earned in the same way as McConnell's and it would have been fair enough if he kept it.

had he kept shtum, it would not have been long before someone pointed out he was in receipt of both a pension and a salary from the public purse. That would have forced him to make the statement anyway

There was never any way he could win. at least from the point of view of the self-righteous snipers

Ah, somebody who listened at school? Not damned if he does but damned if he pontificates about the deed.

You should have read the following lines for your answer. smile.png

"Note: Burns was a God fearing man. This poem is not anti religion. It is stricly aNow demnation of religious hypocrisy and self righteousness."

Now THAT is what i call self-righteous (from my vantage point on a high-horse)

Guest TPAFKATS

I like the idea of someone in the public eye giving a significant amount of their income to charity...as opposed to say the children in need and band aid celebs.

Edited by TPAFKATS