Scottish Independence Model Is Dead

Stuart Dickson

Not at all. If you'd bothered following the thread he claimed that I had ideas above myself and then went on to claim I was "thicko Dicko" because I didn't have a degree like him. He was the one who made both claims, I simply retorted.

If you think the definition of ambition is to pass a University Degree to be a police constable all your working days then fair enough Oaksoft. I suspect this Media Studies or Fingerpainting Degree of his wasn't as challenging as you imagine though. He is clearly a thick c**t. :rolleyes:

Ok thicko dicko if you say so.

I bow to a thick menial worker like you.

Oooh Reynard, I have to pick you up on that one. It's not at all free. It costs around about £4,000 per head of population - the weight of most of that cost landing squarely on the shoulders of those who earn the most and who pay the highest levels of income tax.

Perhaps if we changed the way we provide Healthcare in the UK so that each person pays for what they use we might see people take more responsibility for their own health - especially the so called "poor" who claim they can't afford vegetables but they can afford Chinese and Indian takeaways every night.

So you want to be like Uncle Sam.

Rich people get healthcare and the poor die.

That is the definition of Toryism.

I'm alright Jack f**k everybody else.

Ok thicko dicko if you say so.

I bow to a thick menial worker like you.

Menial worker - yep and proud of it. Funnily enough though, I'm one of your queue jumpers. Private Medical Insurance is one of the best things I've ever bought. Does that make me "rich" :rolleyes:

Edited by Stuart Dickson

So you want to be like Uncle Sam.

Rich people get healthcare and the poor die.

That is the definition of Toryism.

I'm alright Jack f**k everybody else.

We all pay for our healthcare currently. It's a massive cost on our resources. What I would like to see is everyone taking personal responsibility for their health. I reckon the best way to do that would be to take the current Healthcare budget and pay it back out in equal proportion to every UK Resident UK Citizen. They can then choose to manage that money as they wish, either taking out Private Medical Insurance or choosing to pay as they go. At my work several of my colleagues gave up smoking because our PMI plan makes four payouts of £15 per year to non smokers. You simply visit a chemist and get a swab done every four months. Pass the test, you get the money. A very simple example of the benefits of making personal responsibility rewarding.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

And you are again making unprovable claims if you are saying that mortgage rules were only relaxed due to Thatcher, which I assume is what you are saying, following the thread of the "conversation". If you can prove that the same thing (or something else that basically had the same effect) wouldn't have happened without Thatcher then I will accept that your claim is right. Can you? No? Didn't think so.

The fact that you couldn't understand what I was saying and so wrote that nonsense, makes you look more of a fanny than I ever have. And, believe me, that's some accomplishment - how you manage to repeatedly do it is beyond me.

Over to you.

Is this the week where all Div's plants put up really stupid arguments so I can have an easy week?

FFS Thatcher's government changed the rules on mortgages in 1979. That's not controversial at all. It's a matter of public record. It led to an increase in the number of lenders fighting for business including all Building Societies and Banks.

Menial worker - yep and proud of it. Funnily enough though, I'm one of your queue jumpers. Private Medical Insurance is one of the best things I've ever bought. Does that make me "rich" :rolleyes:

No just morally bankrupt as far as I'm concerned.

I could be a queue jumper but I don't believe I have more right to treatment than anyone else just because I have more money in the bank than somebody else.

I could be a queue jumper but I don't believe I have more right to treatment than anyone else just because I have more money in the bank than somebody else.

That's one way to look at it. Another is to say that I pay for my heathcare twice. Once for my own private healthcare, and once for the benefit of those not as well off as me through my taxes. Far from being morally bankrupt I see myself as a generous benevolent gentleman paying much more than my way in society.

Is this the week where all Div's plants put up really stupid arguments so I can have an easy week?

FFS Thatcher's government changed the rules on mortgages in 1979. That's not controversial at all. It's a matter of public record. It led to an increase in the number of lenders fighting for business including all Building Societies and Banks.

The days of rocking up in a suit to plead with the bank manager for a loan or mortgage were gone.

Yes and record UNEMPLOYMENT when that evil old bitch was in charge.

Still thankfully she is rotting in hell.

Absolutely marvellous that children leaving School didn't have to go down f**king Coalmines.

Well done Margaret.

My old dear got a hip replacement done at the Carrick Glen private hospital in Ayr done by the same surgeon that was meant to be doing it at the Ayr hospital. The Scottish NHS paid for it in order to keep their waiting times for "routine operations" done. So even the SNP run scottish NHS happily procures services from the private healthcare sector.

My old dear got a hip replacement done at the Carrick Glen private hospital in Ayr done by the same surgeon that was meant to be doing it at the Ayr hospital. The Scottish NHS paid for it in order to keep their waiting times for "routine operations" done. So even the SNP run scottish NHS happily procures services from the private healthcare sector.

Did she have to pay for it?

Of course she didn't.

Private healthcare is immoral.

Oooh Reynard, I have to pick you up on that one. It's not at all free. It costs around about £4,000 per head of population - the weight of most of that cost landing squarely on the shoulders of those who earn the most and who pay the highest levels of income tax.

Perhaps if we changed the way we provide Healthcare in the UK so that each person pays for what they use we might see people take more responsibility for their own health - especially the so called "poor" who claim they can't afford vegetables but they can afford Chinese and Indian takeaways every night.

No its not free. Its free at point of use for folk.

Had we gone independent we would have ended up with a two tier system along the lines of the Irish model. As Alex Bell mentioned in his piece, to peddle UK levels of welfarism and state spending as well as low taxation was actually a fraud. Peddled by the mendacious or the totally deluded.

Are you struggling to understand the phrase "record numbers of people in employment"

Under the evil dead bitch we did not have record employment dicko.

We had record unemployment.

Unemployment in Scotland has never been higher than it was under the witch.

What is difficult to understand about that dicko?

Where were all these extra jobs in Auchinleck or Lanarkshire.

You're talking pish and you know it Shull.

Not everybody can potter about in a Hackney.

Typical selfish Tory.

The miners walked away with tremendous pay offs. They were ALL offered retraining (which many of them took up) the older ones simply retired and the feckless spent it in the pubs and bookies while being taxied between both. My old boss used a grant available in one of these areas to set up in business. He then hired me and I worked for him before starting up on my own.

A lot of the younger miners went on to work in the electronics sector that Thatcher had encouraged to go into the areas worst hit by the end of heavy industry. They tended to be good, clean and well paid jobs.

When Thatcher came to power, manufacturing and industry was 27.5% of the UK economy. When she left it was 25% of the economy. It was under Labour that it reduced down to 11%

But don't let any of these facts get in the way of one of your tear streaked wails.

The miners walked away with tremendous pay offs. They were ALL offered retraining (which many of them took up) the older ones simply retired and the feckless spent it in the pubs and bookies while being taxied between both. My old boss used a grant available in one of these areas to set up in business. He then hired me and I worked for him before starting up on my own.

A lot of the younger miners went on to work in the electronics sector that Thatcher had encouraged to go into the areas worst hit by the end of heavy industry. They tended to be good, clean and well paid jobs.

When Thatcher came to power, manufacturing and industry was 27.5% of the UK economy. When she left it was 25% of the economy. It was under Labour that it reduced down to 11%

But don't let any of these facts get in the way of one of your tear streaked wails.

Yet unemployment was at a record high under the witch burning in hell.

Why was that dullard?

If you believe the milk snatcher gave a f**k about the miners then you are even more stupid than I thought.

Edited by PCCABE

Unemployment did rise from 5.3% to 7.5% during her time in office. But Employment as a whole rose. Unemployment rose to nearly 12% during the recession when Major was in power before falling back again.

GDP rose by 29% under Thatcher.

Finally you speak some truth.

As for record employment lots of that is not even in real jobs.

Just courses to massage the figures.

Yet unemployment was at a record high under the witch burning in hell.

Why was that dullard?

If you believe the milk snatcher gave a f**k about the miners then you are even more stupid than I thought.

Yes it was. Then it fell again to virtually the same level as she started with.

Why was that dullard?

And why did GDP increase by nearly 30% during this same process? Could it possibly be because we were no longer using taxpayers money to subsidise dead industries like coal?

If you go and talk to miners now, theyll tell you that their union leader actually took the industry down. Not her. She attempted to prop up the coal industry in the first term of her government. Indeed she continued to subsidise it way beyond its worth.

If you want to whine about the coal industry in the UK then I suggest you take a look at coal output from the turn of the last century right through to now. You might gain some understanding of what was going on if you do.

Then again...