Beat The Chairman And Get Free Entry

7 minutes ago, markovanhaddock said:

It's mostly flat Stu, no real hills of note except up onto the canal cycle path. Did Dumfries half last year, that was hilly :) thanks for the kind words. Did Linwood parkrun last weekend, that's a cracker, bagged my first sub 18 there.

I'm hoping to do Dumfries in a couple of weeks so thanks for that news! Linwood is incredibly flat and also a bit narrow, hope you didn't get stuck behind the guy pushing the pram.

On 10/09/2016 at 6:00 PM, markovanhaddock said:

I know the fella with the pram, Steven from Kilbarchan. Did it in 20.09 pushing a pram. Mad.

He must have had an off day when I was there - I was about a minute slower and he was behind me. Maybe he couldn't pass on the narrow track!

I only started running this year, meant to write a few blog posts about it even before I saw yours the other day. Here's the first lot of my drivel :) http://smtid.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love.html

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/09/2016 at 5:35 PM, markovanhaddock said:

It's mostly flat Stu, no real hills of note except up onto the canal cycle path. Did Dumfries half last year, that was hilly :) thanks for the kind words. Did Linwood parkrun last weekend, that's a cracker, bagged my first sub 18 there.

Having done it today I can now agree! Didn't think the big hill just after Glencaple village was too bad but there was one a couple of miles from the end I didn't really realise was a hill, I just thought I was getting tired. Only the second half marathon I've ever done and 10 minutes faster than Kirkcudbright in May, which folk said at the end was an easier course, so happy with that.

Plus my Strava is now full of rude shapes :lol:

https://www.strava.com/activities/724342857

Edited by Stu