STRIKER John Sutton

joezo21

23 minutes ago, TopCat said:

And he's spent a good portion of the season on the bench!

I do agree with the point we need another striker. Someone to take the goal scoring burden off Sutton and contribute with goals from the bench and act as back up incase he gets injured. As we've seen, the other two strikers in the squad aren't up to it.

But again is this not also down to service, being fair we have had no luck in front of goal and as said above our defence being so poor has added to this......

Apart from the Morton 3-1 game we have been in games , after 6 matches with 3 draws we were lucky to have one point, so yes JR with same players has us competing...............

Last 5 we  have 8 points but how many have we dropped..

v Ayr we miss pen then a min later lose a weak goal Potential 2 pts 

v United we score take lead deservedly then two very poor goals leaked at least 1 point

v Ton well enough said 1-0 up versus 10 men we go deeper?? Potential 2 points

That's 5 more points and 1 less for Ayr..... Making it 17 to us 18 to Ayr and 4 points off Mid Table . In fact 8 points off play off

Being ruthless like say Sons v United.... they score from a cross and United then hit woodwork 3 times...... Sons versus us............ we miss 20 chances on goal....

Stepping back from results only we are getting better we have stop losing games but we are still losing cheap goals.....

I am sure JR knows this far better than we do, I would like to see a big bad CH.....................

Simply put we now need ruthless

32 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

But again is this not also down to service, being fair we have had no luck in front of goal and as said above our defence being so poor has added to this......

Apart from the Morton 3-1 game we have been in games , after 6 matches with 3 draws we were lucky to have one point, so yes JR with same players has us competing...............

Last 5 we  have 8 points but how many have we dropped..

v Ayr we miss pen then a min later lose a weak goal Potential 2 pts 

v United we score take lead deservedly then two very poor goals leaked at least 1 point

v Ton well enough said 1-0 up versus 10 men we go deeper?? Potential 2 points

That's 5 more points and 1 less for Ayr..... Making it 17 to us 18 to Ayr and 4 points off Mid Table . In fact 8 points off play off

Being ruthless like say Sons v United.... they score from a cross and United then hit woodwork 3 times...... Sons versus us............ we miss 20 chances on goal....

Stepping back from results only we are getting better we have stop losing games but we are still losing cheap goals.....

I am sure JR knows this far better than we do, I would like to see a big bad CH.....................

Simply put we now need ruthless

Tend to agree with much of what you have said, but for your final sentence.

Why do fans continue in the assumption that football managers (most of whom are inarticulate uneducated chancers - not JR I concede- ) think they know better than us ?

Although there have been one or two encouraging facets in recent games, the inability to beat teams and panic when victory might seem within their grasp, is the thing that will eventually be our downfall.

1 hour ago, Froggie said:

Tend to agree with much of what you have said, but for your final sentence.

Why do fans continue in the assumption that football managers (most of whom are inarticulate uneducated chancers - not JR I concede- ) think they know better than us ?

Although there have been one or two encouraging facets in recent games, the inability to beat teams and panic when victory might seem within their grasp, is the thing that will eventually be our downfall.

Well I agree with what you say here as its totally clear Craig, Rae and IM had no fecking clue how to manage.... players or tactics

JR is a novice however its clear he can man manage, tactically though he is still learning, so he gets my support.

On 1/5/2017 at 0:02 AM, Hambud said:

I don't know how anyone can question John Suttons work rate. The guy is working his socks off.

He is battling for every header and winning most of them. Even at the weekend he was finding himself out on the wing and putting in crosses and I've seen him a number of times sprinting to take quick corners when we are chasing games.

I think he could do with someone quicker playing alongside him which is fair enough but I wouldn't question how hard he works for our club.

If anything he's doing too much now

Last week he was back into centre half position clearing headers away when he should have been our focal point up front

Watch him last week tracking back past our midfield a few times putting their workrate to shame

We need him attacking crosses on the few times this has happened we get results

No one is working harder than him pity a few others don't seem to be following his example

Just watched the hibs game and St Mirren do not have anyone to put passes in the box like they do if they did big JS wouldn't need to run about as much and could stay where he should be in the box. What a goal from young McGinn boy do we miss him?

Edited by joezo21
Grammar