The Richest Scot In The Empire Tonight

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I havent missed the point at all. You are a whining, jealous lefty.

:lol:

You reckon that the wealth I built personally should go to someone other than my own family when I die?

What possible justification could you have for that?

What have other people done to deserve a penny of it?

Never mind "eat the rich". Maybe we should "eat the poor"? There are more of them and they are easier to catch. Just walk up to their couch.

People need to stop whining about the rich and start working harder.

Looks like we both have our mantra.

Nobody builds anything personally - we're either, as I think, a society where we should help each other or as Margaret Thatcher thought a nation of individuals. I've no doubt you thrilled to her condemn people who "drool and drivel they care". That's where it starts and it ends up with the rich getting rebates while the poor die in their slums and this in a  rich, first world country. I remember when "squeezing the rich till their pips squeak" was mainstream Labour policy, perhaps it will be again.

Where we do agree is that people need to stop whining about the rich and stop believing their lies, and set about voting for a fair but redistributive taxation system. The politics of fear whereby people need to know they are better than those a couple of miles down the road is pathetic - it takes a nation of millions to hold us down.

I didnae really start anything.

There was debate on the Stewart (Stuart) name wrt to the Bute chappie being linked to Royalty, with edible kingly names being dropped.

I merely commented on how the erstwhile mere Stewards achieved their potency via Marjorie having an accident IN Paisley, being taken to a Paisley Kirk in order for the first "Stewart" Royal to be born by Caesarian section.  In Paisley. [emoji4]

As ever, Renfrew denizens with ambition must take the high road to Paisley. [emoji14]

(And BANG goes yet more of my hair....)

Didn't you?

The Stewarts started as French (before that - Norsemen), then rose to power in Paisley....

And I'm originally Elderslie so don't go down the Wallace route either...

:)

I havent missed the point at all. You are a whining, jealous lefty.
[emoji38]
You reckon that the wealth I built personally should go to someone other than my own family when I die?
What possible justification could you have for that?
What have other people done to deserve a penny of it?
Never mind "eat the rich". Maybe we should "eat the poor"? There are more of them and they are easier to catch. Just walk up to their couch.
People need to stop whining about the rich and start working harder.
Looks like we both have our mantra.

Read what's been written, oaky, not what you think has been written. Fair enough, work "hard" and leave your "wealth" to your kids, but when it's your great, great, great, etc., grandkids who are benefitting then the system's flawed. That's the essence of the point being made, justify that.

4 hours ago, Vambo57 said:

I work hard.

I worked harder every year.

I have not had a wage rise for 3 years and before that any rise was circa 1% every 2nd year.

How do I get rich oh wise one?

I work for a Corporate company.

I have decided I will no longer work hard and will still receive my %0 increase this and next year.

EAT THE RICH!

Work for yourself. Nobody is forcing you to work as an employee. :blink:

Was that a trick question?

4 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Read what's been written, oaky, not what you think has been written. Fair enough, work "hard" and leave your "wealth" to your kids, but when it's your great, great, great, etc., grandkids who are benefitting then the system's flawed. That's the essence of the point being made, justify that.

You are asking me to care more about others kids than my own great great great ....grandkids?

Why would I care more about other people's families than my own.

Thats a very weird thing to ask.

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Did anyone apart from me watch the programme. The architecture and art are  a real treasure. If any of you are looking for a great day out Mount Stuart should be on your list it's not just a fascinating house there loads more and an adventure area for kids. 

Looks like naw. :lol:

Did anyone apart from me watch the programme. The architecture and art are  a real treasure. If any of you are looking for a great day out Mount Stuart should be on your list it's not just a fascinating house there loads more and an adventure area for kids. 

It's the close season, so should be expected, IOBS. At least it's no' coconut dugs or white dug shite...

1 hour ago, salmonbuddie said:

Why would you care more about your own descendants, they'll be as much strangers to you as others kids. Surely they should get off their lazy arses and work hard to earn their own "wealth."

That is not your call. Maybe you should concentrate on your own family and leave me to worry about mine.

That is not your call. Maybe you should concentrate on your own family and leave me to worry about mine.

So you're happy for your own family to turn out spongers but not happy when others are. Fair enough, enjoy your hypocrisy.

4 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Nobody builds anything personally - we're either, as I think, a society where we should help each other or as Margaret Thatcher thought a nation of individuals.

Your logical flaw is that you wrongly assume those are the only two options.

Good luck waiting around for "fair distribution" the way you describe it.

It will never happen.

A 50 or 60% nominal tax rate might make you feel good but there will be no increase in tax take if it happens.

Makes you wonder why people are so keen on it. Maybe people really believe that the wealthy will simply roll over and pay it? Surely not.

1 minute ago, salmonbuddie said:

So you're happy for your own family to turn out spongers but not happy when others are. Fair enough, enjoy your hypocrisy.

Where did I say I didnt want my family to work hard? Read what is written and not what you imagine is being said.

My kids are brought up to use their "inherited" wealth to make a difference in the world. If they abuse what I give them they get no more. They could use their wealth, if they gain enough of it, to open free activity centres for disadvantaged kids, open research centres to look at curing neglected third world diseases or whatever they want. It will be their decision not yours.

Like I said, it might be better to focus on your own family and mind your own business.

Where did I say I didnt want my family to work hard? Read what is written and not what you imagine is being said. My kids are brought up to use their "inherited" wealth to make a difference in the world. If they abuse what I give them they get no more. They could use their wealth, if they gain enough of it, to open free activity centres for disadvantaged kids, open research centres to look at curing neglected third world diseases or whatever they want. It will be their decision not yours.

Like I said, it might be better to focus on your own family and mind your own business.

What about your great, great, etc., grandkids, though, how do you know they'll use it well? Which is precisely the point btb and I have both made and you've imagined as some kind of slight on your kids.

Take the advice I first gave you (and you've fairly pathetically tried to use against me) and read what's being written, not what you imagine has been written.

Tell them all to get the feck out of your thread, with their right/left wing bollox. [emoji38]
Fecking "eat the rich"................:green

I'm eating some cheese and chive crackers and drinking an Aussie Pinot Noir, can I stay?

Wow. [emoji38]

I knew what you meant, just love going on about how good the wine I'm drinking is...and keeping us away from coconut dugs and white dug shite by changing the subject again.

Bollox, that's twice I've mentioned them now, not doing a good job, am I...

:(