a cunning plan

antrin

Well....   it's at the very least a reasoned, well-thought and, I think, a beneficial plan for the area.

To build a (-n opening) bridge across The Clyde at Renfrew/Yoker, tidying up the roads and sharpening up a bridge across the White Cart.

http://www.paisley.org.uk/2017/07/plans-submitted-major-infrastructure-projects/?utm_content=bufferbdd48&utm_medium=social&utm_source=bufferapp.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Much needed, pity it stops short of creating a garden city environment along the banks of the cart from Sneddon to the airport area, i can remember that being mooted some 40+ years ago and it still makes sense.  Maybe that can be a part of a local plan in Paisley now as there is something to Link it to when the city deal project is complete.

Only issue, does this represent an erosion of Paisley's separate indentity? 

Edited by beyond our ken

Bridge at Renfrew I reckon is needed due to the distance between the Clyde Tunnel and the Erskine Bridge. Easy for me to get to Dumbarton if we have a game there [emoji106] The bridge between Westway and the Airport been talked about for years. There was a new harbour built a few years ago at Westway just behind where I used to work and never seen it used once. Westway owned the site where Babcock is/was in Renfrew.

6 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Much needed, pity it stops short of creating a garden city environment along the banks of the cart from Sneddon to the airport area, i can remember that being mooted some 40+ years ago and it still makes sense.  Maybe that can be a part of a local plan in Paisley now as there is something to Link it to when the city deal project is complete.

Only issue, does this represent an erosion of Paisley's separate indentity? 

I think you mean Does this represent an erosion of Glasgows` separate identity ?