McGrath

pod

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I think there will be teams wanting McGrath this season to help their push for promotion.  Some teams will probably be touching base just now to try and get a deal done early.  There will be lots of scouts watching McGrath in the next two ROI games knowing he us available relatively cheap in the next transfer window . I think we will get considerably more for him in January , than what Hibs were offering in September. 

Would like to think they would be just as interested in how he's performing with us. 

Would you sign this deal if you were him? I wouldn't. There will be other clubs willing to pay him far more than we can - even with this club record offer. Why would he put an obstacle in the way of that? He doesn't owe us anything.

He will be away for a cut price fee in January or nothing in May. And good luck to him. We've been good for him, he's been good for us. Everyone's a winner.

Edited by TopCat

Would love to think Jamie would accept our offer, but the days of player loyalty to a club are long gone. The lad has every right to do as so many others do nowadays and advance his career as well as earn lots more by going elsewhere. We should not begrudge him anything, but thank him for his contribution to the club and wish him well.

On 10/13/2021 at 9:17 PM, bazil85 said:

I think a lot will depend on where we are at that point of the season. If we are fighting for top 6 or a relegation dog fight, can see us keeping him.

If we are comfortably 7th -8th with little chance of going down or cracking the top end, may think to cash in during January & strengthen for next season. (I know none of that is guaranteed regarding where we’ll finish, I’m talking in risk acceptance terms) 

Doubt we’d get anymore than £100k-£200k for him if he went though. Still possibly a couple of players at our level.

Makes sense but hope that the figure might be higher than the upper figure you suggest.

Would you sign this deal if you were him? I wouldn't. There will be other clubs willing to pay him far more than we can - even with this club record offer. Why would he put an obstacle in the way of that? He doesn't owe us anything.
He will be away for a cut price fee in January or nothing in May. And good luck to him. We've been good for him, he's been good for us. Everyone's a winner.
I think you are slightly missing the point here. Of course he won't sign anything we can offer him and everyone connected to the club including Goody know that. This is about being seen to be doing all we can yet knowing full well it won't be enough. I suspect we will have made an offer we know is well outwith our wage structure on that very basis ie that Jamie is highly unlikely to sign it no matter what.
Jamie will go and the club can legitimately say we did all we can to prevent it. They owe that to the fans especially with majority ownership, that's what this is all about.

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I think you are slightly missing the point here. Of course he won't sign anything we can offer him and everyone connected to the club including Goody know that. This is about being seen to be doing all we can yet knowing full well it won't be enough. I suspect we will have made an offer we know is well outwith our wage structure on that very basis ie that Jamie is highly unlikely to sign it no matter what.
Jamie will go and the club can legitimately say we did all we can to prevent it. They owe that to the fans especially with majority ownership, that's what this is all about.

Of course that is the case. This is no criticism of the club, we are absolutely right to be asking the question and its a no lose situation for us. Just seems some fans thought he might be signing it - of course he won't be (barring some exceptional event like a leg break between now and January). This is just good PR from the club.

On 10/13/2021 at 6:58 PM, MenstrieSaint said:

There will be top end Championship clubs in England desperate to sign McGrath.  We could get quite a decent fee for him , certainly more than what was offered last transfer window . As soon as a club signs him and puts him on a three year contract his value will be £3 million as a current Irish International.  Should the team get promoted that value would triple . Look out for Celtic offering sweeties .

And if the management still scratches their tongues, his price could go up to 5 million. And why not?

Edited by Pokitren

On 10/25/2021 at 4:08 AM, W6er said:

I'm praying he's okay. It happened right in front of me, and he was clearly in a lot of pain.

Yes it looked both sore and strange... a quick and full recovery would be most welcome...

Followed by £350,000 in January for him - But I'd prefer he signed an extension