Jan Signings by other clubs

Sweeper07

7 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

How long will he live in your heart, though? emoji38.png

I already live in his head rent free. :wink:

Him, after a day banned from here he would be gone, what a laugh that would be. 

Remember the time he was in the sin bin, never posted, made up he was, coincidentally, busy. :lol:

Then there was his "Farewell", taking a break,  thread, that lasted about an hour. :lol:

What a clown he does make of himself. 🤡

Even by his standards, he has fallen apart in the last few weeks. :1eye

I expect another nonsense reply within the minute, as usual. :hammer

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I already live in his head rent free. :wink:

Him, after a day banned from here he would be gone, what a laugh that would be. 

Remember the time he was in the sin bin, never posted, made up he was, coincidentally, busy. :lol:

Then there was his "Farewell", taking a break,  thread, that lasted about an hour. :lol:

What a clown he does make of himself. 🤡

Even by his standards, he has fallen apart in the last few weeks. :1eye

I expect another nonsense reply within the minute, as usual. :hammer

Hilarious and as usual misinformed 

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

My upbringing was pretty average, it made me despise blawhards like you.

You would not have lasted one night in my circles.

RIP. :byebye

I read this and for some reason pictured you and your circle as one of those finger clicking gangs in West Side Story.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I read this and for some reason pictured you and your circle as one of those finger clicking gangs in West Side Story.

The Wee man lives in a fantasy world where he is top man, the heid honcho and calling all the shots. It has not happened, it will not happen for the Wee fella. That chip on his shoulder needs to be joined by another one on the other shoulder to balance him up and rid him of his delusions. 

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

The Wee man lives in a fantasy world where he is top man, the heid honcho and calling all the shots. It has not happened, it will not happen for the Wee fella. That chip on his shoulder needs to be joined by another one on the other shoulder to balance him up and rid him of his delusions. 

You know, after many years of struggling and self doubt, I can now cope with quantum mechanics, linear algebra and thermodynamics to an advanced level. However, sometimes I read your posts and get so baffled I wonder if it's written in some version of English which was secretly taught to the other kids on a day when I was off sick.

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You know, after many years of struggling and self doubt, I can now cope with quantum mechanics, linear algebra and thermodynamics to an advanced level. However, sometimes I read your posts and get so baffled I wonder if it's written in some version of English which was secretly taught to the other kids on a day when I was off sick.

Clearly, my use of the vernacular in that post was either over your head or beneath contempt. Either way it looks like that additional year of English at Uni doesn't show. The awards for articles written doesn't show either. Back to the drawing board. Oaky has spoken. Note to self... Must do better.. 

On the topic of maths and physics. Not my favourite subjects.

One of my granddaughters starts a degree in Physics at Glasgow Uni in September. Same Uni her dad went to where he did Maths, Physics 1.and Statistics. She fancies a career in research. 

He chose the course as he felt it would be easy, given his proficiency in maths. He got a shock in his first term when he realised there were two weeks till exams and he hadn't taken notes or gone to many lectures etc. I suggested a visit to his year tutor. The year tutor woke him up by looking at his notes and saying that these said that he was a very clever boy but that attending classes and taking notes certainly helped. "Copy someone else's notes" was what he was told to do and that "In two weeks he would find out how clever he was." 

Edited by St.Ricky

7 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Clearly, my use of the vernacular in that post was either over your head or beneath contempt. Either way it looks like that additional year of English at Uni doesn't show. The awards for articles written doesn't show either. Back to the drawing board. Oaky has spoken. Note to self... Must do better.. 

On the topic of maths and physics. Not my favourite subjects.

One of my granddaughters starts a degree in Physics at Glasgow Uni in September. Same Uni her dad went to where he did Maths, Physics 1.and Statistics. She fancies a career in research. 

He chose the course as he felt it would be easy, given his proficiency in maths. He got a shock in his first term when he realised there were two weeks till exams and he hadn't taken notes or gone to many lectures etc. I suggested a visit to his year tutor. The year tutor woke him up by looking at his notes and saying that these said that he was a very clever boy but that attending classes and taking notes certainly helped. "Copy someone else's notes" was what he was told to do and that "In two weeks he would find out how clever he was." 

I've seen your written articles and I'd agree. :D

That story about her dad is not uncommon. Many students manage to get to university without studying at all at school. Then they get to uni and within weeks they have gone from being top of their class to the bottom. Most will recover from the shock. Maths is particularly interesting because university maths is completely different from school maths. Being good at school maths is not an indicator of likelihood to perform well in uni maths.

Universities are trying to help kids make the transition but the reality is that schools simply don't prepare kids well for uni. They could take a few steps towards that by dropping the obsessive infantilisation of kids in 5th and 6th year in one of two ways. Firstly, stop telling them what clothes to wear and allow them to call teacher by their first names. Secondly, send them to college to complete their schooling as they do in England.

Anyway, good luck to your granddaughter. Physics and Maths are the two remaining gold standard degrees to undertake at uni. You won't find many people with 1st class degrees (sadly the only degree worth having now after years of grade inflation) in those subjects out of work.

Edited by oaksoft

Thanks (for most of that) 

Eldest granddaughter graduated Masters in Pharmacy last year, Grandson coming to the close of his second year in Business at Strathclyde, his sister will be Physics at Glasgow in September. The final one didn't enjoy school and left after 5th year to do a Sports and Coaching job and training and loves it. 

Personally, I didn't enjoy university other than sports. I was lucky enough to be athlete of the year xxxx. Prof asked me to stay and offered me a job on completion if I did. I said no. Later lectured on management and leadership topics at both University and Business School level. Always passed on topics for PhDs to others. Def not for me. Was asked to set up the Scottish Centre for Future Thinking (one of only 5 in the UK) 

Edited by St.Ricky

27 minutes ago, Krankies therapist said:

I always gave you the benefit of the doubt , defending you while others slagged you off.

Now I just think you are just a boring old fart with a vivid imagination and too much time to spare. 

you need to get a life or get a job or baith 

Smokey had you sussed right from the start. 

Now piss of and gie us aw peace 

Thank you. 

Appreciated. 

56 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I got boy of the year in the BB sometime in the 70's in case anyone is interested. 😴😴😴

Well done. I wouldn't have expected it of you. PS. Led the Scout Group Patrol in Inter Pack Competitions. Folks tell me the BB's was a great organisation I guess that helps to explain why you have done well in life. A natural leader F Man. 

PS. My response was to Oaksoft. 

Ultimately all tongue in cheek. 

Edited by St.Ricky