A Thread For Christian Apologists and Inspiring or Uplifting Christian Stuff

W6er

17 minutes ago, W6er said:

I believe popular culture today is toxic. It's profane, inane, overtly sexual and materialistic. It's inevitable as we approach the End Times, though and I wouldn't want to encroach upon others' rights to indulge themselves, hopefully they still get to hear the Gospels and choose to accept or reject it. Interestingly Sir Issac Newton apparently calculated that the End Times would come about around 2060, and I think he might be right

Newton was very much bound by his time. He searched for the elixir of life and researched turning other metals to gold. 

End of the world predictions are common in Abrahamic faiths & they all to date, have one thing in common. I think that will remain the case. 

On the sexual nature of popular culture today... long may it continue 😂

10 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Here's the only uplifting thought for those who believe In a deity.

Just as your about to die, you think it's alright.

For that I'm just a wee bit envious.

The good thing about faith in an afterlife is you’ll never be disappointed. 

1 hour ago, W6er said:

I believe popular culture today is toxic. It's profane, inane, overtly sexual and materialistic. It's inevitable as we approach the End Times, though and I wouldn't want to encroach upon others' rights to indulge themselves, hopefully they still get to hear the Gospels and choose to accept or reject it. Interestingly Sir Issac Newton apparently calculated that the End Times would come about around 2060, and I think he might be right

I thought God didn't like your kind... :moony2

Nah, only joking. God loves gays, if he didn't he'd have invented some sort of horrible, incurable disease to kill youse all. 

Guest TPAFKATS
The Bible isn't literal, though. So one doesn't need to be either. 'Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world', Jesus isn't literally a lamb.
The Garden of Eden could be a metaphorical way of explaining man's evolution. We were like animals, we knew no sin and just acted instinctively, and then came about the development of our conscience, and of abstract thought. Now man knew the difference between good and bad, but would often choose bad regardless. After man's expulsion from Eden we were to toil and work in the fields, which makes sense as early man developed farming. 

But animals do know right from wrong. I've seen the lion king.

On 5/26/2020 at 11:10 PM, GMan said:

I thought God didn't like your kind... :moony2

Nah, only joking. God loves gays, if he didn't he'd have invented some sort of horrible, incurable disease to kill youse all. 

FFS is it the 1980s again?

I'm sure this sounded funny in your head.