Football v Hockey at Ralston

shull

• 10 months later...

Renfrewshire Council have confirmed that Kelburne Hockey Club’s CAT application for Ralston Community Sports Centre has been refused. Our Sports Centre will remain in our community for our community. 

The reasons given for refusing the CAT application were:
- Uncertainty of funding available; and
- The significant degree of community opposition to the CAT.

A huge thank you to the community for coming together to oppose the application, for attending meetings, and for the massive amount of letters and email representations. Your collective voices have been heard!

We look forward to supporting and working with OneRen in making Ralston Community Sports Centre great again.

ABOVE FROM RALSTON COMMUNITY COUNCIL ON FACEBOOK 

Edited by shull

22 minutes ago, shull said:

Renfrewshire Council have confirmed that Kelburne Hockey Club’s CAT application for Ralston Community Sports Centre has been refused. Our Sports Centre will remain in our community for our community. 

The reasons given for refusing the CAT application were:
- Uncertainty of funding available; and
- The significant degree of community opposition to the CAT.

A huge thank you to the community for coming together to oppose the application, for attending meetings, and for the massive amount of letters and email representations. Your collective voices have been heard!

We look forward to supporting and working with OneRen in making Ralston Community Sports Centre great again.

ABOVE FROM RALSTON COMMUNITY COUNCIL ON FACEBOOK 

Thanks for this Mr S

On a warm summer’s evening, I ran the 100m hurdles for Camphill in the Renfrewshire schools championship, in that Ralston venue.   Probably 1961 or 1962…

increased the points total for the school in the Championships.

I was literally chucked in on the night.  Came 4th. Out of 4.

And got ONE - seemingly precious - point.   Never got the chance to do it again.  Was never asked.  Camphill didnae do such hardly things on our tarmac “playing fields”.

I could have been a contend - with the right training…. Gold medals galore, celebrity, TV ads for Lynx…. :unsure:

sigh…..

3 hours ago, antrin said:

On a warm summer’s evening, I ran the 100m hurdles for Camphill in the Renfrewshire schools championship, in that Ralston venue.   Probably 1961 or 1962…

And got ONE - seemingly precious - point.   Never got the chance to do it again.  Was never asked.  Camphill didnae do such hardly things on our tarmac “playing fields”.

I could have been a contend - with the right training…. Gold medals galore, celebrity, TV ads for Lynx…. :unsure:

sigh…..

You might have a chance of a Pizza advert.

sigh…..

I much prefer the original lyrics.

On a warm summer's evening, on a train bound for nowhere, ...

• 4 months later...

Update on the future of the Ralston Community Sports Centre:

Just to quickly let you know that the Renfrewshire Council Community Asset Transfer Review Sub-committee meeting is scheduled for Friday the 20th of January 2023 at 10:00am to consider the appeal made by Kelburne Hockey Club against the Council's decision to reject its takeover of the Ralston Community Sports Centre.

The meeting will be held via Teams and will be webcast live.  Therefore, members of the public can view the meeting by clicking on the link below.

https://renfrewshire.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/731107

We will pass on the result as soon as it is known.

Please share

8 hours ago, shull said:

Update on the future of the Ralston Community Sports Centre:

Just to quickly let you know that the Renfrewshire Council Community Asset Transfer Review Sub-committee meeting is scheduled for Friday the 20th of January 2023 at 10:00am to consider the appeal made by Kelburne Hockey Club against the Council's decision to reject its takeover of the Ralston Community Sports Centre.

The meeting will be held via Teams and will be webcast live.  Therefore, members of the public can view the meeting by clicking on the link below.

https://renfrewshire.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/731107

We will pass on the result as soon as it is known.

Please share

Hopefully, the Kelburne appeal will not succeed as it will affect the many football teams and players who train and play matches at Ralston.

Also, it would be great if the Council could assist Kelburne Hockey in getting a home elsewhere in Paisley or even Renfrewshire. Would keep both parties happy.

FROM RALSTON SKILLS CENTRE ON FACEBOOK

***UPDATE***

The Council panel considering the Kelburne Hockey Club appeal, have asked Kelburne to provide more information, for example, financial projections and the latest on what money Kelburne have been able to raise so far. Kelburne is also being asked, what it has done to try and win over the people of Ralston and current users of the Ralston Community Sports Centre, given the signifigant numbers who objected to it being given control of the facility. 

The Council review panel has also asked Ralston Community Council a number of questions. 

Responses are required in 2 weeks. 

The Review Panel intends to make a decision on the Kelburne appeal within 7 weeks.

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2023 at 11:51 PM, shull said:

FROM RALSTON SKILLS CENTRE ON FACEBOOK

***UPDATE***

The Council panel considering the Kelburne Hockey Club appeal, have asked Kelburne to provide more information, for example, financial projections and the latest on what money Kelburne have been able to raise so far. Kelburne is also being asked, what it has done to try and win over the people of Ralston and current users of the Ralston Community Sports Centre, given the signifigant numbers who objected to it being given control of the facility. 

The Council review panel has also asked Ralston Community Council a number of questions. 

Responses are required in 2 weeks. 

The Review Panel intends to make a decision on the Kelburne appeal within 7 weeks.

Kelburne have lost their appeal .

Football will remain at Ralston Sports Centre.

FROM RALSTON COMMUNITY COUNCIL ON FACEBOOK

Update on Kelburne Hockey Club’s CAT request for Ralston Community Sports Centre. 

You may be aware that last year Kelburne Hockey Club decided appeal the Council’s decision to reject their Community Asset Transfer request for Ralston Community Sports Centre. 

The Council’s CAT Review Sub-Committee met this afternoon and unanimously decided to uphold the original decision to reject Kelburne’s CAT request. We believe that there will be an article about this in tomorrow’s Paisley Daily Express. 

Kelburne have a final route to appeal this decision to the Scottish Government. It is not yet clear whether Kelburne will pursue this option. 

Once again, Ralston Community Council thank everyone who has worked tirelessly on this important issue in our community.