St Mirren V Hearts 13/05/2023

On 5/14/2023 at 10:26 AM, stlucifer said:

Due to other commitments this was my last game of the season. Absolutely gutted. To go from being in complete control of a game and cruising to end up with only a point due to the players backing off and the manager making, IMO, the wrong decisions. We were almost hanging on in the end and allowing Hearts so much space. For most of that second period Hearts had their own half all to themselves allowing them time to look up and make the telling passes. Even then. We still had enough chances to kill this game. That's three out of four times we've played Hearts and not taken what we should have from the game.

This seems to be in our DNA for unknown reasons.  I can't understand why, when we're in a fairly comfortable lead at Half-Time, we start the Second Half sitting back as though we're an army desperately defending our territory.

I understand that footballers dont run full pelt for the full game time but it often looks like we're saying to the opposition "Okay, we're wining 2-0.  Let's see what you've got." Then we hope we'll manage a winning goal on the break at some point.  It just gives the opposition belief and any visiting team to St. Mirren Park know that we'll sit back at some point and allow them freedom of the whole pitch.

Games in this league are never over at 1-0 or 2-0.  Even at 3-0 we shouldn't relax as other teams are more than capable of getting back into the game.

9 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Penalty award overturned and a retrospective yellow card to the diving hearts player. St Mirren win 2-1, Europe here we come. emoji16.png

It’s 5 o’clock somewhere 🍻