Kibble Hit The Headlines

animal

1 hour ago, StanleySaint said:

20/20 hindsight, the club should have protected itself if and I stress If it had all gone horribly wrong. 

That’s an assumption that it has not. Protecting itself isn’t the same as saying ‘we can buy you out at the same cost at any time’ 

It wouldn’t be in the interest of the Kibble to agree to that. Like any business deal, there must have been negotiations & agreement. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

That’s an assumption that it has not. Protecting itself isn’t the same as saying ‘we can buy you out at the same cost at any time’ 

It wouldn’t be in the interest of the Kibble to agree to that. Like any business deal, there must have been negotiations & agreement. 

I would certainly hope so, however the obvious method of doing so would be to have a break clause for either party, which, unless anyone knows otherwise there doesn't appear to be. That's it from me on this one going out for last meal of my hols shortly. 

9 hours ago, antrin said:

Kibble’s prime reason for existence should (first and foremost) be providing for the young people in need of Kibble’s services - not for its employees…

…but I take your point.

Its primary existence is the young people, the fact that its employees can achieve a £230k annual Directors salary is just a bonus. 

6 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Joint projects & the running of the club allow for opportunities for people in their care. Ultimately a strong St Mirren is good for the Kibble. 

Yes I read the blurb too, but I'm 100% certain that a financial return is an end goal, there is nothing in the above that couldn't have been achieved in a partnership that didn't require partial ownership.

Acquiring shares in the club makes it easier to access the rights to use the clubs name and assets in your objective to squeeze more money out of a variety of 3rd party funding initiatives that become available

9 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

20/20 hindsight, the club should have protected itself if and I stress If it had all gone horribly wrong. 

In this case, once you're in, you're in!  The two entities became entwined as soon as SMISA gave up it's rights to buy Scott's shares and there was no protecting anyone from any adverse outcomes after that.  What we have had so far has been mildy unpalatable off the field and we should remember that the fortunes of the club on the park this last while are all down to players, professional coaches and support staff who operate independently of Kibble "assistance".

Hopefully this episode has Needham realising that Kibble need to pull their horns in and that he acts accordingly.  It is, at the very least, messy.

10 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

In this case, once you're in, you're in!  The two entities became entwined as soon as SMISA gave up it's rights to buy Scott's shares and there was no protecting anyone from any adverse outcomes after that.  What we have had so far has been mildy unpalatable off the field and we should remember that the fortunes of the club on the park this last while are all down to players, professional coaches and support staff who operate independently of Kibble "assistance".

Hopefully this episode has Needham realising that Kibble need to pull their horns in and that he acts accordingly.  It is, at the very least, messy.

“We believe we’ve done all we can to keep Stephen. We’ve backed him in the transfer window as much as we possibly could and he works very well with Jim Gillespie and Keith Lasley on the football board.

Hi Chris , just highlighting this quote from JN from last week , it seems that Kibble and the playing side are very much linked, I've also read that SR credits Gillespie with being "switched on" to what's needed to bring success. Sure , Kibble can't overstep the mark within the BOD, and if they have , it can't happen again , but , as I said before , we don't want to shoot ourselves in the foot , like we have done historically , when things are looking up on the pitch. This needs put to bed , quietly, so we can move on with what really matters , and some of the snipers on the fringes of the club need to get over their self-importance and remember it's not all about them ! 

10 minutes ago, billyg said:

“We believe we’ve done all we can to keep Stephen. We’ve backed him in the transfer window as much as we possibly could and he works very well with Jim Gillespie and Keith Lasley on the football board.

Hi Chris , just highlighting this quote from JN from last week , it seems that Kibble and the playing side are very much linked, I've also read that SR credits Gillespie with being "switched on" to what's needed to bring success. Sure , Kibble can't overstep the mark within the BOD, and if they have , it can't happen again , but , as I said before , we don't want to shoot ourselves in the foot , like we have done historically , when things are looking up on the pitch. This needs put to bed , quietly, so we can move on with what really matters , and some of the snipers on the fringes of the club need to get over their self-importance and remember it's not all about them ! 

Billy

As we recall, the biggest shots to the foot came from board members who thought they were the reason for the success and successively 2 brilliant managers were chased out, I just feel that the Kibble people have the capability to go down that road.  It's true though, we always seem fragile and one idiot away from a full about face when things are going well.  Who knows where it would all have gone if we had kept the head between 78 and 81 and again when some idiot let Craig, Goodwin and others loose on what was looking a pretty stable unit after the usual post-success slump was arrested early by Lennon