Jonah Ayunga

Delight as Jonah Ayunga agrees contract extension (stmirren.com)

I missed this and didn't see anyone else comment.  Good news and it must mean he is well on the way back now.  Hard as hell to come back from ACL injuries and any lengthy lay off so a doff of the cap to the young man.

Hopefully see him getting game time after the next international break as the outlook is another few weeks as of last thursday

7 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Delight as Jonah Ayunga agrees contract extension (stmirren.com)

I missed this and didn't see anyone else comment.  Good news and it must mean he is well on the way back now.  Hard as hell to come back from ACL injuries and any lengthy lay off so a doff of the cap to the young man.

Hopefully see him getting game time after the next international break as the outlook is another few weeks as of last thursday

I would "doff my cap" if he was fit and doing well but still signed an extension. As it is, signing a new contract was a no brainer. It gives him security.

34 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I would "doff my cap" if he was fit and doing well but still signed an extension. As it is, signing a new contract was a no brainer. It gives him security.

The doff of the cap was to recognise his grit and determination, referrenced and acknowledged by all at the club.  It must have taken a lot of work through a lot of pain to get to where he is now.  

7 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

The doff of the cap was to recognise his grit and determination, referrenced and acknowledged by all at the club.  It must have taken a lot of work through a lot of pain to get to where he is now.  

OK. I understand that but he definitely would have had a lot of help and he, given the alternative, didn't need any extra motivation. It still must have taken hard work so, well done Jonah.