• Latest Topics

• I watched debate night a couple of weeks ago, think they were in Falkirk? I thought that Stephen Flynn came across as a complete Ned. He was rude, obnoxious and basically not doing a good job of trying to retain support for the SNP. Alex Salmond was on the panel also, it was like chalk and cheese, AS was statesmen like and measured in his responses.   
    • I feel very similar……I remember the point that I realised I had grown apart from them, Nicola Sturgeon was asked a question about the Gender recognition bill and basically said anyone who disagreed was a homophobic, racist misogynist . I realised at that point that ideology had taken over the party, it’s a well known strategy for closing down debate on certain subjects ( Gender ID, illegal immigration, etc) it may well be too late for the SNP to pull the party back to the centre left before the 4th July. No one to blame but themselves really. 
    • Whatever its adaptation, it would have to be elected. That would be up to the people of Scotland. And, as you describe, that incarnation would need to be different to what we have now. The base of support for the SNP is for independence so, by definition, that support would transfer to other parties. But I would ask, WHY would they keep the name? It would be defunct.
  • Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.