I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

Naive - The Kooks.

is no one else sick to death of the kooks? i saw them about a year ago and thought they were really good live. i bought their album just after it came out but wasnt really that impressed with it.

now every where you turn its kooksmania. they must have released just about every song off that album.

really getting on my tits.

anyway i'm listening to the libertines - up the bracket. which is amazing

is no one else sick to death of the kooks? i saw them about a year ago and thought they were really good live. i bought their album just after it came out but wasnt really that impressed with it.

now every where you turn its kooksmania. they must have released just about every song off that album.

really getting on my tits.

anyway i'm listening to the libertines - up the bracket. which is amazing

Strange you would moan about hype about another band then end it with mention of a band featuring that useless, talentless moron who is never out of the media and whose music has been overhyped like no other! :blink:

Strange you would moan about hype about another band then end it with mention of a band featuring that useless, talentless moron who is never out of the media and whose music has been overhyped like no other! :blink:

but the libertines did it with far, far less hype than the kooks. people will be listening to the libertines in 10, 20 maybe 50 years time. the kooks will be forgotten about in a flash.

whatever you think of pete doherty its ridiculous to say the guy is talentess. the only reason he is never out the media is because of his other half. its not exactly a new phenomenon, rock stars taking drugs. i dont see every other musician plastered all over the papers for being a junkie. the doherty/moss saga (which is quite frankly boring) is nothing short of poor journalism chasing a cheap, easy story.

why not let the guy just play music, he has co written one outstanding album (which will be remembered for a long time) and two other very decent albums. and live, he is a class act.

anyway, i'm listening to ziggy stardust now. :)

but the libertines did it with far, far less hype than the kooks. people will be listening to the libertines in 10, 20 maybe 50 years time. the kooks will be forgotten about in a flash.

whatever you think of pete doherty its ridiculous to say the guy is talentess. the only reason he is never out the media is because of his other half. its not exactly a new phenomenon, rock stars taking drugs. i dont see every other musician plastered all over the papers for being a junkie. the doherty/moss saga (which is quite frankly boring) is nothing short of poor journalism chasing a cheap, easy story.

why not let the guy just play music, he has co written one outstanding album (which will be remembered for a long time) and two other very decent albums. and live, he is a class act.

He can't play guitar very well, and is a terrible singer. To me, that says talentless. His songwriting is a matter of opinion, mine is he's poor at that too.

The hype began long before he was dating Moss. The NME "Icon Of A Generation" nonsense was way before any of that.

If you think people will be discovering the Libertines in 10, 20 or 50 years time on a big scale then you need a wee lie down. :rolleyes: They will be long forgotton soon enough as well.

He can't play guitar very well, and is a terrible singer. To me, that says talentless. His songwriting is a matter of opinion, mine is he's poor at that too.

The hype began long before he was dating Moss. The NME "Icon Of A Generation" nonsense was way before any of that.

If you think people will be discovering the Libertines in 10, 20 or 50 years time on a big scale then you need a wee lie down. :rolleyes: They will be long forgotton soon enough as well.

fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion. to say he can't play guitar very well is pretty unfair and i think he has an excellent, quite unique, voice. i think you are basing your opinion on the fact that you dont like him because he's a permanent fixture on the front of the star/mirror/sun etc

i suppose we will have to wait to see if people are still discovering the libertines in the decades to come but you can certainly point to a fair few bands who have came out as a result of the libertines in the last few years.

right now i'm listening to one of those spin offs - larriken love

Blank link there Dani :blink: now it's "Gates Of The West" with Mick on vocals

Jonathon Ross played "Jail Guitar Doors" this morning, complete with unedited "f**k 'em" lyrics. Raised a smile!

I heard it at the barbers at dinner time and to think the Clash used that song as a "b" side to Clash city rockers