5 Top.................

The Sandman

Mick Ronson: Love me Tender.................

236995[/snapback]

Great shout Bongo, haven't heard it for years. Slaughter on 12th Avenue is a classic album.

There are also so many excellent covers of Prince's material by Sinead O'Connor, Chaka Khan, etc.

5 that spring to mind:

Gillian Welch - Black Star

The Futureheads - Hounds Of Love

Aretha Franklin - Let it Be

Tricky - Black Steel

The winner though is Rebekah Del Rio singing Llorando, a Spanish version of Roy Orbison's Crying. It's from the soundtrack to the David Lynch film Mulholland Drive and is absolutely stunning :)

Aaah - you can always guarantee that Thorizaar will be listening to something that only Thorizaar has ever heard of before .......    :blink:

237935[/snapback]

Songs or bands? With the exception of one, I'd say all those songs are fairly well known and a couple of the bands are widely known.

Perhaps it's just your musical ingnorance that's been exposed!!! :rolleyes:

Songs or bands? With the exception of one, I'd say all those songs are fairly well known and a couple of the bands are widely known.

Perhaps it's just your musical ingnorance that's been exposed!!!  :rolleyes:

238276[/snapback]

That’s gotta hurt! :lol:

What about the Isley Brothers who've had a lot of their songs covered including -

Twist And Shout - The Beatles

Shout - Lulu

This Old Heart Of Mine - Rod Stewart

Caravan of Love - The Housemartins

Let's hear it for Ronald, Rudolph and O'Kelly - The Three and Only Isley Brothers -that is if ya don't count Ernie & Marvin!

PS - They also introduced a little known guitarist to the recording scene - Jimmy James who would later find fame as Jimi Hendrix!

Edited by Bud the Baker

You are entitled to your opinion ST, but isn't it funny how you can't think of any covers you think are good. :lol:  :whistle

238045[/snapback]

OK then sweetie...

The Jam - Disguises (classic Townshend)

Shed 7 - Wired For Sound (how to make a shit song sound good)

Ian Brown - Billie Jean (how to make another shit song sound good)

Galaxie 500 - Ceremony (eerie and haunting as f**k)

Johnny Cash - Hurt (feel the emotion coming out of the speakers. Cash sounds as if he knows exactly what he's talking about!)

That good enough for you...?

:D

Perhaps it's just your musical ingnorance that's been exposed!!!  :rolleyes:

238276[/snapback]

Or even musical ignorance. Yep, I'll freely confess to never having heard of Napalm Death, Manowar, Anathema, Anthrax, or Therion. Perhaps I'm reading the wrong magazines :blink: . Hands up who else has heard of any of them ?

Or even musical ignorance.  Yep, I'll  freely confess to never having heard of Napalm Death, Manowar, Anathema, Anthrax, or Therion.  Perhaps I'm reading the wrong magazines  :blink: .  Hands up who else has heard of any of them ?

238386[/snapback]

Napalm Death are everything that's wrong with Rock music now......don't even sing they just grunt into a microphone...while the rest just thrash away on drums bass and a guitar on a dropped D tuning!......PISH!

Or even musical ignorance.  Yep, I'll  freely confess to never having heard of Napalm Death, Manowar, Anathema, Anthrax, or Therion.  Perhaps I'm reading the wrong magazines  :blink: .  Hands up who else has heard of any of them ?

238386[/snapback]

I'm still on Sammy Davis jnr, Dean Martin, and Frank Sinatra B)