Sign in to follow this  
Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

Top Five Single Malts

It's an acquired taste, I suppose, but that one tastes like there's a deid fish at the bottom of the bottle.

Laphroig and Talisker suffer from a horrible chemically taste. Its as if someone who's just been to the dentist has gargled it into your glass.

Laphroig and Talisker suffer from a horrible chemically taste. Its as if someone who's just been to the dentist has gargled it into your glass.

It's the iodine from the air, needs a bit of water or a lot of ice in my opinion but they hit the spot nicely when your in the mood.

The best blended whiskies are two of the cheapest - Stewart's Cream of the Barley and Isle of Skye.

The best blended whisky is Black Bottle.

edited from Bush to Bottle. Silly me.

Edited by sunny foxbar saint

The best blended whisky, as the two previous posters mention, is Black Bush.

Although it is in fact a whiskey - so doesn't apply to this thread. :P

If we are extending this beyond our shores then the finest beverage is Woodford Reserve Bourbon. 1792 a close second.

If we are extending this beyond our shores then the finest beverage is Woodford Reserve Bourbon. 1792 a close second.

Quoted post has been amended...

In my defence, it was late and Michelle Obama was on CNN. B)

The thread title doesn't mention 'whisky' or 'whiskey'. Black Bush is a blend of a SINGLE MALT whiskey with a grain whiskey, so don't see why it wouldn't fit the criteria. :rolleyes: .

Edited by saint in exile

The thread title doesn't mention 'whisky' or 'whiskey'. Black Bush is a blend of a SINGLE MALT whiskey with a grain whiskey, so don't see why it wouldn't fit the criteria. :rolleyes: .

I think you may have gone native. Do you only dance from the waist down these days. :P