The Day Fan Ownership Died!

Guest somner9

You're doing it again. Pure supposition! I am not supporting anything. And I won't display the arrognace to confirm or deny somner9's position - I shall leave the wild allegations and wild claims to you. I am just picking you up on your ongoing wild claims about there definitely being debt involved in any takeover of a club.

I gave you an example of how you can use the terms "likely" and "unlikely" to maintain a level of gravitas without make wild exaggerated claims. I really don;t see anyone signing a direct debit based on rank amateurs trying to stir up hysteria. People will weigh up the facts - the real ones, not the hyberbole and make their own decision.

I have already agreed that the pans have been put in a catch22, damned if you do - damned if you don't situation through the use of the deadline and the dodgy interview by a self-confessed 10000 Hoursaphile. Fans have a tough decision to make.....jump now for a guaranteed £1.5Million of debt or wait and see what the other bids are like - if they even exist at all. I'm not responsible for that position - the consortium are. The guys that fans will be paying the £1.5Million for.

Would you care to bet that if the club is sold conventionally that there will be debt? Or are you going to continue to posture away for no reason whatsoever here?

Somners main gripe would appear to be the debt and how it gets paid? Well either scenario is going to lead to debt. That WILL happen. Its a certainty. So either way the club is going to be indebted after the sale, to whoever it may be.

As for me supporting or being a cheerleader for the CiC, I havent even signed up yet. I probably will, but if I do it will be five minutes before the deadline as I enjoy brinksmanship immensely.

Would you care to bet that if the club is sold conventionally that there will be debt? Or are you going to continue to posture away for no reason whatsoever here?

That would be a very silly bet to take as we have no information whatsoever regarding the two alleged bids. There no posturing.....just helpfully pointing out that making wild claims about debt being involved in unknown bids doesn't add anything to the debate. It is just trying to whip up fear to boltser a plan devoid of detailed information.

As for whether you sign up or not, that is entirely your decision and whatever you chose I will respect that. You appear to be of a less temperate disposition. smile.png

It was not so long ago a Saints fan was trying to buy St Mirren with debt to the club , what was his name again ? Ken McGeoch was it Sid ?

Quite LS and we were told there was going to be fan involvement in that bid as well if you remember correctly. At no point did I support KMG's bid other than to agree with his supporters that he would be entitled to be heard. In the grim end he chose not to be heard. I'm not so sure that it was debt he was proposing either - wasn;t the rumoured plan to get an advance on season ticket sales - essentially the fans would pay for the club - fans paying for someone else to control the club....interesting idea that.

Not buying it Sid because you were the very person slaming it down other fans to join the CIC.

You don't need to buy anything LS. All I have pointed out is that the other bids may not necessarily have debt or 100% debt involved in them. What we can say for certain is that 10000 Hours has £1.5Million of debt and that the fans are responsible for paying that debt back.

Don't see why you can't concede that and start posting about it being "likely" that other bidders will have debt. It would still get the desired scaremongering message across to your intended audience.

Guest somner9

You are allowed to use words like highly unlikely? Yet you castigate me for telling you that in a conventional buyout of the club that the likes of you and Somner seem to be supporting is highly likely to lead to the club being in debt? Aye very good!

Unless there is a cash buyer out there jsut desperate to cough up for his new toy then there is zero chance of the club having no debt to contend with.

Zero chance.

I'll say it agin for the thicky thicky shit shits............. ZERO CHANCE.

Eh what bid am I supposed to be supporting now?

There is only one bid I know of, and it doesn't have my support

This isn't a football match smcc. The CIC getting started is not a victory - it will be the start of a worrying period for fans. Anyone that celebrates the decision irrespective of which way it goes clearly doesn't understand the implications of it. The time for cracking open the champagne will be when the debt is paid off.

There were no celebrations when the club announced it was planning to sell Love Street. We all shat ourselves and rightly so. The initial celebrations were when the planning permission was overturned (but we were still shitting ourselves so the party didn't last) and then ultimately when we were sitting in the new stadium watching SG kick a ball into the net to officially open it. You celebrate when the project is complete and successful. SIgning up to £1.5Million of debt is no cause for celebration - it is a time to dread what might be coming in the future - ditto if the decision goes the other way. These are dark days of uncertainty after the success of the ground move.

I'm a "glass is half full" man. You seem to see the glass as half empty!