Le Tour De France . . 2013

Went a wee run down to Largs this morning. Nearly ran over five or six lycra-clad fannies on the road down. How come you always encounter these wannabe Wiggins fuds on blind bends, or when another motorist is heading your way? At least three of the fannies had sponsors names written across their arse. I blame Chris Hoy. Nearly made me late home for the leaders going out at Muirfield. Not happy. Get it sorted MacPherson.

I don't want anyone to be offended by this, or take it the wrong way.

But, golf is a sport for boring cunts with no dress sense who think it's ok to tuck a polo shirt into trousers, and don't mind belonging to middle class clubs that treat women like second class citizens.

Just my opinion, like.

I don't want anyone to be offended by this, or take it the wrong way.

But, golf is a sport for boring cunts with no dress sense who think it's ok to tuck a polo shirt into trousers, and don't mind belonging to middle class clubs that treat women like second class citizens.

Just my opinion, like.

None taken.

Still waiting for a legendary golfer like Nicklaus or Ballesteros to be outed as a drug taking cheat mind you, so I can live with dodgy tartan trews and an iffy dress code, thank you very much.

Just wondering - have you actually taken my comments about 'lycra clad fannies' keeping me away from the TV, and me blaming Chris Hoy for all the 'trouble' seriously? Please tell me you haven't.

Edited by pozbaird

Guest somner9

Chris Froome interviewed on the podium on the Champs-Elysees:

Interviewer: 'Chris! what's it like being the winner of the 100th Tour de France?'

Chris: 'It's like.... wow! i mean f**king wow-ser man!

the colours, they're just so f**king.... the sound, the music.... it's awesome, it's part-eee! Look at that little dog, f**k he just doesn't care.... I wished I was more like him he's just... wow.... sorry f**k what were we saying?'

Interviewer: 'Is this one in the eye for the drug cheats Chris?'

Chris: 'it's so one in the... that little dog, he knows, don't care...wow his eyes, that coat.... Coach..! coach..! have you got the doobrey pherkins I'm like....whoa... falling..'

Edited by somner9

Congratulations to Froome who made the step up from Domestique to Team Leader and dominated Le Tour pretty much from start to finish with one minor wobble - anyone for gelly?

Cav missed out on his traditional Champs-Élysées win yesterday, his team (Omega Pharma-Quick Step lol.gif ) haven't really been at their sharpest this race but he still managed two Stage wins which takes him up to equal third on the all time list.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Sadly, I think the contempt that many non cycling motorists hold for those of us who do enjoy getting out on a bike is often all too serious.

Derisory comments and jeers are harmless enough, but when this translates into a lack of care and consideration on the roads, it takes on a wholly different and pretty sinister dimension.

Edit for typos

Edited by Drew

Guest somner9

Sadly, I think the contempt that many non cyclists motorists hold for those of us who do enjoy getting out on a bike is all too serious.

Derisory comments and jeers are harmless enough, but when this translates into a lake of care and consideration on the roads, it takes on a wholly different and pretty sinister dimension.

I agree!

Although to end the verbals on the road etc I've taken to being driven as a passenger so I can lean out and 'Slap!' the backside of cyclists as we pass.

I'd like to think I've gotten the best out of Chris Froome with one or two stinging skelps, Bradley Wiggins arse is like slapping a rock!

Sadly, I think the contempt that many non cyclists motorists hold for those of us who do enjoy getting out on a bike is all too serious.

Derisory comments and jeers are harmless enough, but when this translates into a lake of care and consideration on the roads, it takes on a wholly different and pretty sinister dimension.

Agree, and I gave the lycra-clad fannies I encountered plenty of room and overtook them safely. I have no problem with cyclists - except the delivery rider types in city centres who seem to think traffic lights don't apply to them, and pavements are an acceptable short-cut past a set of red lights.

Just because I call someone a lycra-clad fanny, or someone calls me a middle class, badly dressed, boring sexist wanker.... doesn't mean we should be run over and squished like a hedgehog.

Edited by pozbaird

Agree, and I gave the lycra-clad fannies I encountered plenty of room and overtook them safely. I have no problem with cyclists - except the delivery rider types in city centres who seem to think traffic lights don't apply to them, and pavements are an acceptable short-cut past a set of red lights.

I never doubted that, Paul.

It is a two-way thing, most definitely.

To be honest, I often get much more annoyed with cyclists who flout the rules of the road and demonstrate disrespect and disregard than I do with arsehole drivers. They make matters a whole lot worse for those of us who try to co-exist peacefully, and, above all, safely.

I never doubted that, Paul.

It is a two-way thing, most definitely.

To be honest, I often get much more annoyed with cyclists who flout the rules of the road and demonstrate disrespect and disregard than I do with arsehole drivers. They make matters a whole lot worse for those of us who try to co-exist peacefully, and, above all, safely.

I encountered far more motorcyclists than pedal cyclists on the road to Largs on Sunday. When I see a biker bearing down on me in my rear-view mirror, if I can, I slow down, indicate I'm moving over to the left and wave em' through. 99.9% of the time the guys (or gals) on the bikes give you a tumbs up with their left hand as they pull in front of you again. It's nice to be nice.

None taken.

Still waiting for a legendary golfer like Nicklaus or Ballesteros to be outed as a drug taking cheat mind you, so I can live with dodgy tartan trews and an iffy dress code, thank you very much.

Just wondering - have you actually taken my comments about 'lycra clad fannies' keeping me away from the TV, and me blaming Chris Hoy for all the 'trouble' seriously? Please tell me you haven't.

All what 'trouble'?

My comments were meant to be a laugh, nothing more!

Incidentally, I'm not a cyclist anyway, so I don't really take your comments as anything other than a laugh either!!

I encountered far more motorcyclists than pedal cyclists on the road to Largs on Sunday. When I see a biker bearing down on me in my rear-view mirror, if I can, I slow down, indicate I'm moving over to the left and wave em' through. 99.9% of the time the guys (or gals) on the bikes give you a tumbs up with their left hand as they pull in front of you again. It's nice to be nice.

I try to acknowledge when a car sits behind me and then passes safely. When you use the same route often (commuting to work, for example), motorists start to recognise you, so it is in everyone's interest to be considerate.

Edited by Drew

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

If only I could update the thread title.... :rolleyes:

So TdF 2014 without Wiggo! :o

A tragic omission, to my mind, despite Brailsford's alleged reasons for pinning all SKY's hopes on Froome. And also it demeans the race for millions of UK fans who'd happily line the stage routes to applaud the biking Modfather.

Should he shift to another team to get a ride? Could he?

After Calif he seems to be fit enough and in the right mind-set.

Any bikeys on the Forum care to comment.

(And no Quintana! Hardly worth bothering to open the curtains to watch if they pass by my back-garden... er.... which they will do....)

Guest TPAFKATS

Looks like wiggo will be off to pastures new at end of season. Still be a few big names in Le tour, including in quintana's team. Can't take to movistar as a team though.

The 2014 race starts right here in Leeds.

Plenty of interest locally & nationally as we await the media to descend upon us.

I know some guys from our local club (Adel) who will be doing the stage one route , one week before the tour starts.

The Olympics , Commonwealth games / Tour de France all on our shores is fantastic.

Guest TPAFKATS

The Olympics , Commonwealth games / Tour de France all on our shores is fantastic.

Does this year's giro count as well? Looked into going over last month, circumstances wouldn't allow.

If only I could update the thread title.... rolleyes.gif

So TdF 2014 without Wiggo! ohmy.png

A tragic omission, to my mind, despite Brailsford's alleged reasons for pinning all SKY's hopes on Froome. And also it demeans the race for millions of UK fans who'd happily line the stage routes to applaud the biking Modfather.

(And no Quintana! Hardly worth bothering to open the curtains to watch if they pass by my back-garden... er.... which they will do....)

There is a lot of politics going on at Sky and has been for a wee while , personally , I think Froome is a wee bit arrogant . I think there is a slim chance , he will still ride it. . Sir Wiggo would certainly pull the crowds in during the British part of the race

If only I could update the thread title.... rolleyes.gif

So TdF 2014 without Wiggo! ohmy.png

The relationship between Froome & Wiggins has been strained since the 2011 Vuelta, the quotes are out there...........

Wiggins strength is in the Individual Time Trials and indeed when he won the 2012 TdF the only stages he won were the two ITT's and TeamSky rode to defend Wiggins in the other stages despite Froome feeling he was the stronger rider overall. At 34 if he won Le Tour this year Wiggo would be the oldest winner since WW2 and I don't think he's got the qualities or desire to be a domestique, if he was to be included it'd be as a wildcard for the time trials or looking to snatch a stage win somewhere along the line but that would require the approval of Froome...........

I think you're correct it's sad that Wiggins won't be there to take the applause while Le Tour is over here but that's life...............

Edited by Bud the Baker

The relationship between Froome & Wiggins has been strained since the 2011 Vuelta, the quotes are out there...........

Wiggins strength is in the Individual Time Trials and indeed when he won the 2012 TdF the only stages he won were the two ITT's and TeamSky rode to defend Wiggins in the other stages despite Froome feeling he was the stronger rider overall. At 34 if he won Le Tour this year Wiggo would be the oldest winner since WW2 and I don't think he's got the qualities or desire to be a domestique, if he was to be included it'd be as a wildcard for the time trials or looking to snatch a stage win somewhere along the line but that would require the approval of Froome...........

I think you're correct it's sad that Wiggins won't be there to take the applause while Le Tour is over here but that's life...............

Yep , BTB , all that is relevant and to be fair , it is probably more down to Froome rather than Brailsford that Wiggo is unlikely to be on that team in that race . As you say there is friction between the two and maybe there just isn't enough room on that bus for two champions . .

As you point out , it is unlikely that Wiggo would win the Tour at his age but lets not forget Jan Voigt at last years Topur , when at the age of 41 , he went on a solo attack on the penultimate day of the race . I've watched that again a couple of times on the telly since then and I'm still impressed with what he did that day . The guy has masses of experience and is a proper gent to boot . Guys like him always remind me of the kind of guys that play well for the best football team in the world. .