Computer Help

Will be changing the house PC computer soon and going Apple Mac.

All the computer is used for – E-mail – browsing the Web – Writing reports – photo bank.

Currently a NAZ is used as a Music store hub.

Do I need a full blown MAC or can I get away with having just a Macbook Laptop working through wifi and having an external hard drive. What would you recommend for our household needs and if possible what model and can I still use my Naz within the system

Any help is much appreciated

Good questions L.S.

Just hope the usual suspects dinnae spoil the Thread with off topic pish.

As to answers to the opening post, i huvnae a scooby.

But somebody will know.

I currently have an iMac and wouldn't consider going back to a pc. If its price that's putting you off the desktop then you should consider the mini Mac - all the experience of the desktop version at half (or less than half) price. Only downside is that you have to supply your own keyboard, mouse & screen, which most people already have.

I currently have an iMac and wouldn't consider going back to a pc. If its price that's putting you off the desktop then you should consider the mini Mac - all the experience of the desktop version at half (or less than half) price. Only downside is that you have to supply your own keyboard, mouse & screen, which most people already have.

This.

I also changed to Mac recently and it's an absolute beast, the Operating System is streets ahead of Windows.

You can do all of those things you mentioned easily on a Macbook, although I don't know what 'NAZ' is?

Have been using a notebook for the past five years which I carry with me offshore and have never had one problem. That’s why will change the family PC to apple. Want to save space and would prefer a laptop to a full screen Mac. Would a proMacbook fulfill my needs with extra nil hard drive.

So would appreciate if someone would know what model would be best for us. Low range - medium range or will it have to be top of the range. Thanks

Have been using a notebook for the past five years which I carry with me offshore and have never had one problem. That’s why will change the family PC to apple. Want to save space and would prefer a laptop to a full screen Mac. Would a proMacbook fulfill my needs with extra nil hard drive.

So would appreciate if someone would know what model would be best for us. Low range - medium range or will it have to be top of the range. Thanks

http://www.macworld.com/article/2018990/buying-guide-2012-macs.html

Good questions L.S.

Just hope the usual suspects dinnae spoil the Thread with off topic pish.

As to answers to the opening post, i huvnae a scooby.

But somebody will know.

Aye keep aw them that have nothing positive to add to the discussion away

• 2 weeks later...