The Leicester City Thread

Leicester Saint

Leicester 1-1 Burnley

Listened to a bit of game on radio. Commentator said it was a smashing game.

End-to-end stuff at the end! The score didn't give it justice, a lot of moments. I thought before the game that it had a draw written all over it, but still hoped for a win. Maybe next week! ;)

First post on here for some time. I've had a rather busy few weeks and the forum's been the last thing on my mind.

In that time there's been some mixed results, we've been top of the league, and we've slipped back to 3rd.

Not been at a game for a few weeks and unlikely to be at a game before new year, including the League Cup 1/4 final at home to Man City this week. Couldn't get a ticket because I couldn't get away from work and, with my laptop being nicked in a break in, couldn't buy one online either :-(

Some nice posts on here, thanks lada and oscar ;-)

I AM back now though! So let's see what the next few weeks brings. I still see City getting automatic promotion, but maybe in 2nd place behind QPR. That'd do though!

In the meantime, supporting St.Mirren from afar hasn't been too bad! A live game to watch recently, and a very decent run of results until yesterday has made life much better.

Come on you Foxes and Buddies!

Nope, not on TV. Shit, eh!? And I don't even have a ticket :-(

That sucks.. You sure you can't get one online on their forum somewhere? A spare? :) some more were made available.

I wonder what Man City think of this cup - do they rate it? They might put a reserve team on, I still fancy LCFC!!

Not the best start to the game. Listening to the radio coverage, the commentators were well impressed by the free kick taken by Alexander Kolarov from 30 yards, over the wall, resulting in a goal for Man City. After 8 min.

Leicester fans very loud! punk.gif

Zabaleta from Man City is off injured. Here's hoping. :)

Edited by Lada

Ended up watching the game on my neighbour's dodgy internet download from the Middle East. Man City always pretty much in control - to be expected. But a really good period in the second half ending up with a goal from Lloyd Dyer and then another couple of chances after.

A bloody strong team from Man City as well! And considering they can put 6 past Spurs, and 6 past Arsenal, maybe 1-3 is not so bad?!!

Another big game on Saturday. Top of the table clash again, away to leaders QPR, live on Sky at lunchtime.

Really fancy going to this but too close to Xmas really and it's on TV so it'll be the TV for me then Soccer Saturday to see how the Buds get on at Motherwell.

Another Leicester city game on Sky? Very good! :) Think the manager was still trying not to tire the main players too much on Tuesday ahead of this top of the league game, too important.

Hope they keep their cool and win it, recent results were not the best.

Hope Saints beat Motherwell too!

So after defeating top of the table QPR in London last week, Leicester City face another toughie, with Reading at home. Always a tricky tie but with both Burnley and QPR away, and also both away again at the weekend, with the Foxes at home twice, this is a great opportunity to get on top of the table again.

Will I be there today? Nope. I'll be at St.Mirren v Dundee Utd!

Come on ye Saints! And come on you Foxes!

Edited by Leicester Saint

So after defeating top of the table QPR in London last week, Leicester City face another toughie, with Reading at home. Always a tricky tie but with both Burnley and QPR away, and also both away again at the weekend, with the Foxes at home twice, this is a great opportunity to get on top of the table again.

Will I be there today? Nope. I'll be at St.Mirren v Dundee Utd!

Come on ye Saints! And come on you Foxes!

Great day for both teams with Saints 4-1 victory and the Foxes going top of the league.

Unfortunately I missed everything yesterday as it was our compulsory annual family gathering :-(

So, top of the table for Leicester as I kinda predicted!

Penalty winner from David Nugent (something like his SEVENTH penalty this season! AND he's missed one as well!) plus defeats for QPR and Burnley takes us clear at the top. Derby right in the mix now too, the sheep shaggers.

As for my visit to Greenhill Road?? f**king AMAZING!! What a really entertaining game, and a brilliant result! Maybe I should come every week!?

4 points clear now at the top of the league. As I'd hoped, 2 home games combined with 2 away games for QPR and Burnley has put us clear at the top. In fact, Derby County are now the nearest challengers.

Please don't f**king blow this Leicester! What a great opportunity this season.

Millwall away at new year. Should be a win, but spare a thought for the fans going to South East London!!

Not an easy day for getting results, driving home from Paisley, trying to read texts from my brother and get updates from TalkSport.

Disappointing result for the Buds, but it's another point further ahead of Thistle, Ross Co, and Killie, so not too bad.

4 points clear now at the top of the league. As I'd hoped, 2 home games combined with 2 away games for QPR and Burnley has put us clear at the top. In fact, Derby County are now the nearest challengers. Please don't f**king blow this Leicester! What a great opportunity this season. Millwall away at new year. Should be a win, but spare a thought for the fans going to South East London!! Not an easy day for getting results, driving home from Paisley, trying to read texts from my brother and get updates from TalkSport. Disappointing result for the Buds, but it's another point further ahead of Thistle, Ross Co, and Killie, so not too bad.

I was in my local club yesterday where a load of guys do football bets. Two of the groups were anxiouosly waiting for a final result. One lot were waiting on Leicester and there was a right old cheer when you scored your fifth. The other lot were waiting on St.Mirren. When the final score came through you would have thought it was my fault it was only a draw. There's a lot of goodwill towards Leicester City in the club and it would be nice to see them back in the Premier League.

Good result. I see Schlupp scored. Cracking name.

I've never seen a player with pace like Jeffrey Schlupp.

One German parent, one Ghanian. Could've played for England, Germany, or Ghana. Chose Ghana. Spent a bit of time on loan at Man Utd last year, so they could check him out.

Scored a hat trick on his debut a couple of seasons ago but sits on the fringes of the first team. Shame Danny Lennon's not friendly with Nigel Pearson. He'd score every single week in the Scottish Premiership.