The Leicester City Thread

Leicester Saint

It was mental!! Came out of nowhere too. 10 minutes earlier it was a nice crisp winter day. Then the sky went incredibly dark, really quickly. As if it was suddenly night time. Then whoosh!!! Weather from hell!!

We had something similar at Greenhill road yesterday in the second half with about 15-20 min to go, looked great in the floodlights! :) Thankfully the ref and the players looked determined to fulfil the game. Btw, it's two points dropped for Saints yesterday, could have nailed it several times. :-/

9 wins on the trot, 10 points clear at the top, 13 clear of automatic promotion, it's looking good! It will take an unprecedented collapse to stop Leicester City from playing Premier League football next year now.

Well done Leicester. It's probably yours to throw away now. But then, we all know a team that's brilliant at throwing things away- don't we?

Well done Leicester. It's probably yours to throw away now. But then, we all know a team that's brilliant at throwing things away- don't we?

It IS football though isn't it!? And being a St.Mirren fan, I'm almost half expecting the disaster to happen at some point! But they really do look good this season. I've been down here 5 years, and been going to games regularly that whole time, and it's by far the best they've ever looked. I can't see them f**king it up now. Hope not!!

It's not unusual to crumble in front of a home crowd (we know it all too well at St Mirren) so well done Leicester for rescuing a point!! That will do, as Oscar said - another one towards promotion! And 11 games unbeaten - not bad! ;)

Saints better win tomorrow, the fans are up for it - hope the players are too!!! The new signing, if anything, raised good spirit and buzz around the club, hope it all helps us!!!

Leicester for the league

Saints for the cup.

COYS!

Well, the winning run had to end at some point I guess!! But it's still 11 games unbeaten, and 11 points clear.

It was f**king FREEZING at the game today!! The wind was unbelievably strong and played havoc all day.

A 94th minute equaliser for the Foxes, and the crowd of almost 24,000 erupted! Straight from kick off they almost grabbed a winner too!! Very close.

As for Watford, they are the most negative, cheating, time wasting, feigning injury team I've seen in years! Think their formation was 8-0-2, had to check Levein hadn't taken over!

Another game closer to The Premier.

And now tomorrow I can sit in front of the TV with my Special K and watch the Buds live on Sky. Win this game and we WILL win the cup this year.

Believe........

Myself and Jumbo Whiffy heading down next weekend to see Leicester Saint and take in the Ipswich game, looking forward to a weekend that's not ruined by the game for a change!

Definitely!!

And also a weekend that'll just be great fun, regardless...!

You will both hopefully see how good they are this season. Although I guess the worry is that they need to lose a game at some point!! Let's hope it's not this weekend!

A betting opportunity this weekend for us as well. David Nugent to score any time. It'll probably be around Evens or 5/4, but his scoring record against Ipswich is amazing. And he's due a goal. That'll be the one that we should all stick a tenner on before the game, while we drink pints in Oasis bar, or heading to the dodgy F Bar! Or maybe a twenty......!

BIG game tomorrow night. Nottingham Forest away.

City unbeaten in 11 games, Forest WERE unbeaten in something like 16 games until knocked out the FA Cup at the weekend by Sheffield Utd.

It's also a BIG local derby, these teams HATE each other! There's been a warning from the police about racist chanting ahead of the game. Forest are one of a small number of teams who have been known to chant about the large percentage of Asians in the Leicester population.

Take a point in this one I think, Forest are hard to beat. But then, so are we! If City can get the victory then it will really put them on the final road to the title.

City's ticket allocation sold out weeks ago and there should be a huge crowd at this one.

The same outcome as last season's visit to Forest would do nicely. An injury time winner put City into the playoffs.

I'll probably listen on BBC Radio Leicester. It's always great commentary.

Be nice to go further ahead at the top of the table before Ipswich at home on Saturday, and the visit to Leicester of Luther G. Presley and Jumbo Whiffy.

Come on you Foxes!!