Life Without Football

Isle Of Bute Saint

Life offshore these days is made easier with satellite TV even in the darkest places of Africa you get to see English football. Now our project is offshore In Mexico where there is no satellite TV which means no football to watch for 7 weeks. You don’t realize just how much you enjoy watching a game until it’s unavailable for weeks on end. So what to do ? Gymnasium every second night. In-between a couple of books by James Patterson makes for good reading. There is a proper cinema with all the whistle and bells surround system so a movie a few times a week breaks the routine. Still these things can’t better watching a game.

Anyone else go weeks not seeing a game ? All going well I get off after 7 weeks it will be a trip up to Firhill for the first game home on leave. So you guy’s out there who post from the games to the forum a BIG thank you, for some you bring a lot of pleasure.

Life offshore these days is made easier with satellite TV even in the darkest places of Africa you get to see English football. Now our project is offshore In Mexico where there is no satellite TV which means no football to watch for 7 weeks. You don’t realize just how much you enjoy watching a game until it’s unavailable for weeks on end. So what to do ? Gymnasium every second night. In-between a couple of books by James Patterson makes for good reading. There is a proper cinema with all the whistle and bells surround system so a movie a few times a week breaks the routine. Still these things can’t better watching a game.

Anyone else go weeks not seeing a game ? All going well I get off after 7 weeks it will be a trip up to Firhill for the first game home on leave. So you guy’s out there who post from the games to the forum a BIG thank you, for some you bring a lot of pleasure.

From being a full time attendee at Love Street, I went to loverly London in 1970. THAT was a massive withdrawal cos their papers had no mention of Scottish fitba though to be fait the only Engerlish team I knew about was Man U... but I luckily found a London team packed with Scottish players who won the league AND Cup, that year. I watched that happen. I coped.

Then Ieft to work in the Arabian Gulf for a year. NAE fitba of any sort. Nae papers, nae wireless. No way of knowing, other than letters and postcards from home, what was happening back there.

I actually organised a Scotland v England match - which we lost... on a sunny day in a wee place called Qatar.

If anyone needs advice about playing fitba in Qatar, my fees are minimal.

From being a full time attendee at Love Street, I went to loverly London in 1970. THAT was a massive withdrawal cos their papers had no mention of Scottish fitba though to be fait the only Engerlish team I knew about was Man U... but I luckily found a London team packed with Scottish players who won the league AND Cup, that year. I watched that happen. I coped.

Then Ieft to work in the Arabian Gulf for a year. NAE fitba of any sort. Nae papers, nae wireless. No way of knowing, other than letters and postcards from home, what was happening back there.

I actually organised a Scotland v England match - which we lost... on a sunny day in a wee place called Qatar.

If anyone needs advice about playing fitba in Qatar, my fees are minimal.

You have been down the road for a long time now old yin , can you ever see yourself coming back up the road or are you truly settled now. Suppose I should be thankful for small mercies at least I get to games when at home. Last trip took the cup final DVD with me now I know every move, every tackle having watched it so many times the conclusion for me was our name was on the cup. The amount of chances Hearts missed meant for once lady luck was on our side.

It must be pretty hellish, LS. I found last weekend pretty boring with no decent games to watch. i'd only just got over the summer months with nothing to watch. Cricket helped a bit, I admit. It's a long time since I've watched England FC twice in the space of five days. Pure desperation. Don't know what I'd do without the B and W Army nowadays.

Agree 100% LS. I,m on 14 week rotations and watching the BBC viddy printer is as good as it gets for me. I spend a fortune on Kindle books and I have got my masturbation technique down to a fine art but they are all a poor substitute for watching a live game. I used to get a lot of good info from the forum but unfortunately theres been a marked increase in the amount of shite on here as well which means I have been avoiding it recently.

Agree 100% LS. I,m on 14 week rotations and watching the BBC viddy printer is as good as it gets for me. I spend a fortune on Kindle books and I have got my masturbation technique down to a fine art but they are all a poor substitute for watching a live game. I used to get a lot of good info from the forum but unfortunately theres been a marked increase in the amount of shite on here as well which means I have been avoiding it recently.

It’s true what they say offshore there are wankers and there are liars thumbdown.gif The vessel I’m on has 400 personal with one server feeding many commuters so the signal is extremely slow taking up to 10min to load one page. So when you open a page on the forum after 10min to read meaningless one line trolling it tends to drive you nuts. But then you realize these posters must have really empty lives as the forum is there life line so you can sort of forgive them as this is as good as it gets for them in there lifewhistling.gif

It’s true what they say offshore there are wankers and there are liars Posted Image The vessel I’m on has 400 personal with one server feeding many commuters so the signal is extremely slow taking up to 10min to load one page. So when you open a page on the forum after 10min to read meaningless one line trolling it tends to drive you nuts. But then you realize these posters must have really empty lives as the forum is there life line so you can sort of forgive them as this is as good as it gets for them in there lifePosted Image

Hope this was worth the 10 minutes.

Another great postzzzzzzzzzzz.

For 20+ years I went to home and away games and during that time lucky if I missed half a dozen games all in. Over the last 3/4 seasons it has became home games only. At first it was horrendous but you do get used to it, and just now I have to care for my gran every saturday so i am kept busy. You kinda feel out the loop at times tho. Hardly watch fitba on telly anymore either due to my shifts. could I move away and never see saints again - OUCH! but maybe.........

For 20+ years I went to home and away games and during that time lucky if I missed half a dozen games all in. Over the last 3/4 seasons it has became home games only. At first it was horrendous but you do get used to it, and just now I have to care for my gran every saturday so i am kept busy. You kinda feel out the loop at times tho. Hardly watch fitba on telly anymore either due to my shifts. could I move away and never see saints again - OUCH! but maybe.........

I have worked away my whole life and have watched very few games in the last 25 years however I dont feel this makes me any less of a fan. It also makes me appreciate and relish the games that I do get to. Of course we all have other day to day priorities in life thats the way the world is but we will always also have a passion and interest in St Mirren. Thats in our blood.

Yip, been there to LS. I'm now posted to a wee location called Trinidad. There's. Scottish game on every Saturday and sometimes the Monday night games are shown live (just got the Telly switched on to see Eberdeen equalise..... Just my luck)I can't say it's a hardship here and quite enjoying it to be honest. I get to maybe 3 home games per season but still buy my season ticket regardless.

Yip, been there to LS. I'm now posted to a wee location called Trinidad. There's. Scottish game on every Saturday and sometimes the Monday night games are shown live (just got the Telly switched on to see Eberdeen equalise..... Just my luck)I can't say it's a hardship here and quite enjoying it to be honest. I get to maybe 3 home games per season but still buy my season ticket regardless.

My seat is in the main stand J117 an older guy next to me tells me his son works away but has a season ticket next to him would that be you by any chance ? Good on you regarding the season ticket I feel the same way may as well support the club would be at the game if home. Every penny helps a club our size.

Trinidad getting Scottish Football that is impressive.,could think of a lot worse places than Trinidad nice warm weather, Is there a gun problem there ? Have heard a few stories of locals being sacked then turning up to shoot the boss.