Champions League Football

faraway saint

Seen a item on the news this morning that BT Sport have bought the rights for the Champions League, didn't catch the year this kicks in.

A real sore one for Sky and me as this is a major part of why I keep my pricey subscription.

If no reduction is in the offing well Sky Sports can say goodbye. bye1.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Doubt they will reduce their price, already being mentioned that they will put the money back into producing British TV shows, stuff like Trollied etc. No that I think of it they should be paying me to watch that nonsense.

I also doubt they will but they had offered £400m, that's now money they have to invest and if it's not in sport then I'll simply walk away.

Aye, just found a news story saying 2015.

As I said, if no reduction they can kiss my cash goodbye, I'll join the laptop viewers. whistling.gif

Sky spokesman reacted with pretty much a shrug of the shoulder when asked about losing the rights. Just the sort of contempt to their paying customers you'd expect.

Sky spokesman reacted with pretty much a shrug of the shoulder when asked about losing the rights. Just the sort of contempt to their paying customers you'd expect.

I'm pretty sure this will cost them viewers and more money.

Households and public houses will leave, leaving them with a shortfall.

I might drop them a line, I'm sure they'll take notice.

Edited by faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS

I think they are going to show some euro games free on BT Sport.

I currently only get 1 game a week free on ITV so it cant be any worse in 2015, hopefully better as my cable package includes BT Sport

I think they are going to show some euro games free on BT Sport.

I currently only get 1 game a week free on ITV so it cant be any worse in 2015, hopefully better as my cable package includes BT Sport

They have shelled out serious money for both Premiership and now Champions League. Can they afford to offer this free on all platforms? Given how much Sky charge I would seriously doubt it. It may be free at the moment but in the long term I would have my concerns that BT broadband and Virgin customers continue to pay nothing for it. Long may free sport continue though.

They have shelled out serious money for both Premiership and now Champions League. Can they afford to offer this free on all platforms? Given how much Sky charge I would seriously doubt it. It may be free at the moment but in the long term I would have my concerns that BT broadband and Virgin customers continue to pay nothing for it. Long may free sport continue though.

The idea is to drive broadband sales to BT as a loss leader. Given BT makes massive profits they can afford this without anyway.

It's not 'free' on Virgin too- Virgin pay BT an amount per XL or premier subscription.

Seen a item on the news this morning that BT Sport have bought the rights for the Champions League, didn't catch the year this kicks in.

A real sore one for Sky and me as this is a major part of why I keep my pricey subscription.

If no reduction is in the offing well Sky Sports can say goodbye. bye1.gif

about time murdoch got fu**ed,(a taste of his own medicine at last),he has been doing it to everyone who have been subscribing to sky for years

The idea is to drive broadband sales to BT as a loss leader. Given BT makes massive profits they can afford this without anyway.

It's not 'free' on Virgin too- Virgin pay BT an amount per XL or premier subscription.

That's why I said I get it "free" and not free.