Disappearing Jet

faraway saint

• 2 weeks later...

Guest TPAFKATS

Wonder if horizon will come up with anything new, whether fact or theory? I'll probably be watching the footie, but let me know if there's anything worthwhile and i'll catch it on iplayer.

Wonder if horizon will come up with anything new, whether fact or theory? I'll probably be watching the footie, but let me know if there's anything worthwhile and i'll catch it on iplayer.

I've set my machine to record it . I'm not expecting any revelations , tbh , l expect to see some long ,sweeping panned shots of empty ocean and then some terse interviews and then a revelation that some individual(s) refused to be interviewed . .

I've set my machine to record it . I'm not expecting any revelations , tbh , l expect to see some long ,sweeping panned shots of empty ocean and then some terse interviews and then a revelation that some individual(s) refused to be interviewed . .

I was thinking of recording it but after reading this I'll no bother.

And an end caption superimposed over rippley water that reads "The truth is out there..." Probably utilising the sound of a sonar echo buoy to further emphasize the sense of drama, frustration and loss... Either that or the Eastenders 'doof doof' drum intro from the closing scene, leading into the credits.

And an end caption superimposed over rippley water that reads "The truth is out there..." Probably utilising the sound of a sonar echo buoy to further emphasize the sense of drama, frustration and loss... Either that or the Eastenders 'doof doof' drum intro from the closing scene, leading into the credits.

If any of the above are right you don't win a prize, you probably cheated.

Guest TPAFKATS

Reports that another sounding has identified an area for investigation although the boat never made it to said area as it was diverted to another 'ping' which after spending all their time on it uncovered nothing... I can sense the conspiracy theorists going into overdrive if that is true.

Reports that another sounding has identified an area for investigation although the boat never made it to said area as it was diverted to another 'ping' which after spending all their time on it uncovered nothing... I can sense the conspiracy theorists going into overdrive if that is true.

What about my alien abduction theory?

Just to think people didn't take it seriously.

Some nugget laughed when I started this great thread, who's laughing now? ;)

Nothing particularly new in the show apart from the fact that , the area where they suspect the flight finally speared in , has not yet been searched . .

The theory that was suggest to the mystery is that the crew suffered from oxygen starvation and that someone came from the cabin to the flight deck and took over the flying of the aircraft. .

That was the theory when the Helios 737 crashed in Greece in 2005. A cabin crew member with pilot aspirations was seen in the captain's seat by Hellenic air force jets sent up to eyeball the situation. If they ever find the 777, it will be interesting to see if the oxygen masks deployed or not.

Seen nothing new on Horizon that we already know. Though decompression looks to be the only logical Sanrio from the programme ? One basic thing missing is that that air craft has numerous things inside it that float they just don't sink like the life jackets that would float to the top along with other objects in an aircraft that broke up on impact. The sea is full of ships it's strange nothing has been found.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

It's also possible the plane skimmed the surface like a pebble and sank intact, minus the engines which are designed to snap off under the correct amount of pressure to prevent the sudden application of drag ripping the plane apart upon landing on water.

It would take a skilled hand to "land " the aircraft on water and assuming that the aircrew were already expired , it is unlikely. .

I only watched the show to see if they would mention the theory of Faraway. .

If the alleged person attempting to fly the plane instigated autoland procedures it could have done just that, anything's possible at this stage, even the 'Faraway Principle' !

I'm getting a sneaky feeling you two are not taking my theory seriously? sad.png