Kwik Shine Car Wash - 17 Greenhill Road

Wrong Planet

Gave Kwik Shine Car Wash a try just along from our stadium at 17 Greenhill Road. Newish.... think I first noticed them in March when walking down to a game.

Well impressed. Fans, trying to get established, and keen on improving the commerce in Greenhill Road in general. I only had time for a basic car wash (which was spot on), but they appear to offer the usual range right up to full valets. Well worth a visit.

For those of us who remember a lot of waste ground in recent years in Greenhill Road it's amazing to see what a difference our stadium has made to the area, and great to see new businesses opening up round about it.

Gave Kwik Shine Car Wash a try just along from our stadium at 17 Greenhill Road. Newish.... think I first noticed them in March when walking down to a game.

Well impressed. Fans, trying to get established, and keen on improving the commerce in Greenhill Road in general. I only had time for a basic car wash (which was spot on), but they appear to offer the usual range right up to full valets. Well worth a visit.

For those of us who remember a lot of waste ground in recent years in Greenhill Road it's amazing to see what a difference our stadium has made to the area, and great to see new businesses opening up round about it.

What they should do (if they don't already) is market a special deal for taxi drivers , a deal that good that all taxis would want to go there.

I live in England so no idea what they offer but worth a mention ?

What they should do (if they don't already) is market a special deal for taxi drivers , a deal that good that all taxis would want to go there.

I live in England so no idea what they offer but worth a mention ?

Yeah, good shout, and they do have a special rate. I didn't pay it any attention so don't know the detail, but there was definitely a reduced rate for Taxi's.

Another good deal could be

Taxi rate for all season ticket holders of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co.

I will always go out of my way to support local businesses, especially those owned by supporters of our fine club but if the car wash was mine then that is a deal I would offer.

Good luck with the car wash business..!

Oh.... Err...

Wiz i no supposed tae say that oan here..?

Good luck with the car wash business..!

Oh.... Err...

Wiz i no supposed tae say that oan here..?

smile.png To be fair, strikes me as pretty good line to be in if you lived in Spain or the like. Personally I don't fancy washing motors for a living in this country, especially anytime between October and March! Hats off to those that do. Or rather, hats on!

• 9 months later...

I've sung the praises of this business before and have been using it every couple of weeks for a car wash. Had the car in for a 'mini-valet' today for the first time. Genuinely delighted with the result (was only a tenner), and that includes a free air freshener! I'd say equal to any full valet I've had in the past at other places.

Anyway, reason for the post is that noticed that they have a sign up offering free and secure parking on match days if you get a mini-valet. Thought it might appeal to some buddies out there. Only about 200 hundred yards from the stadium, and a couple of the guys are fellow fans.

https://www.facebook.com/kwikshineuk

Edited by Wrong Planet

I've sung the praises of this business before and have been using it every couple of weeks for a car wash. Had the car in for a 'mini-valet' today for the first time. Genuinely delighted with the result (was only a tenner), and that includes a free air freshener! I'd say equal to any full valet I've had in the past at other places.

Anyway, reason for the post is that noticed that they have a sign up offering free and secure parking on match days if you get a mini-valet. Thought it might appeal to some buddies out there. Only about 200 hundred yards from the stadium, and a couple of the guys are fellow fans.

Would you say thats the best hand job in town for £10..?

That does sound like a decent deal with the mini valet . . As far as washing concerned , personally I'd never wash a car with a sponge or take it to one of those scratch-o-matics. .

FFS, why do taxi drivers get a special discount. Is it a special dirt that they accrue on their cars that's different from the other road users.

They already get dispensation from using signals, waiting at junctions and are basically a non blue lighted emergency service. Now they get cheap car washes, genuinely , why is this ?

FFS, why do taxi drivers get a special discount. Is it a special dirt that they accrue on their cars that's different from the other road users.

They already get dispensation from using signals, waiting at junctions and are basically a non blue lighted emergency service. Now they get cheap car washes, genuinely , why is this ?

Because taxi drivers get their cars washed more often than signalling,junction waiting,non emergency service,bitter private car drivers?