Golf - The Open 2014

shull

From Royal Liverpool.

The Grand Slam Masters of Golf begins on Thursday.

I am not going.

If you've never been, shull, give it a try some time. I've been at quite a few and the atmosphere and really the whole experience is just unbelievable. I don't believe you have to be a golf lover to enjoy it. I was at Hoylake the last time and had a fabulous time. Go on, you know you want to. £75 a day but you can be there for twelve hours or more. Less per hour than a St.Mirren match.

Fuxxake... Roll on the start of the new season.

Meanwhile, I'm away to start a thread titled 'The Boat Race' - Will be on again next year. Same two teams in the final. I'm no' goin'. Season tickets urnae' vaild - tippy tappy shite rowing.

Fuxxake... Roll on the start of the new season.

Meanwhile, I'm away to start a thread titled 'The Boat Race' - Will be on again next year. Same two teams in the final. I'm no' goin'. Season tickets urnae' vaild - tippy tappy shite rowing.

aye, why start a thread about something you dont want to talk about ? f**kem

Only going for the day mate.

Watch the final day on tv.

I agree about watching the final day on telly. The atmosphere at the Open is tremendous but to really see what's going on you need the telly. I see folk sitting in the stands on the final day for hours on end and of course about half those seats are reserved for sponsors and their guests anyway. They're welcome to them. I've enjoyed being at St.Andrews twice for The Open (Tiger won both) but I don't think St.Andrews is a great course for actually viewing. The big double greens are a nuisance too..;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I agree about watching the final day on telly. The atmosphere at the Open is tremendous but to really see what's going on you need the telly. I see folk sitting in the stands on the final day for hours on end and of course about half those seats are reserved for sponsors and their guests anyway. They're welcome to them. I've enjoyed being at St.Andrews twice for The Open (Tiger won both) but I don't think St.Andrews is a great course for actually viewing. The big double greens are a nuisance too..;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Been several times too!

How are the double greens a nuisance? Surely the fact that you can sit in a stand & see TWO holles at the same time is a bonus? Particularly on the 1st 2 days? (4/15 is it?)

Been several times too!

How are the double greens a nuisance? Surely the fact that you can sit in a stand & see TWO holles at the same time is a bonus? Particularly on the 1st 2 days? (4/15 is it?)

I didn't mean the double greens made it difficult for spectators who were quite happy to just sit there. Me and my mates tend to wander the course trying to see as many of the big names as we could and watching some of our favourites. If you're walking round Open courses, as you know they have the system quite well organised to let you cross fairways when it's all clear to do it. The double greens at St.Andrews can make that difficult and really slow things up for spectators. it's not a major problem but we've been at six different Open courses and we all agreed that if you want to cover more or less every hole, then St.Andrews of the six was the most difficult one to do it on. We were there in 2000 and went back in 2005 but one of our mates didn't go with us because he didn't fancy it again.