Must Be Seen... Ex-Uk Ambassador 'outs' Our Corrupt Uk Govt

Vambo57

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

So, you believe the YES vote is based on "common decency", that's a nice idea.

Meanwhile in the real world........................bye1.gif

No, I quoted someone who said something similar to what you said above, unfortunately, you have spun and misrepresented what was actually quoted. Shame on you doing a Studick.

OK, so who is the someone? Yes is a on a wing and a prayer. Little to back it up. The quote attributed to No voters clearly came from Tam Pepper who got flung out of hell for lying.

Who the feck cares who said it!

Ooft. Ach well this must be the first time I've seen a Nationalist admit that we're all going to be worse off after Independence. Spead the word folks. Clearly Alex Salmond was lying on the 28th of May when he claimed Independence would make every Scottish individual £1000 per annum richer with the "bonus of independence."

I am as close to being a Nationalist, as you are to being a Fascist. More misrepresentation from you I see.

Why do you think the SNP keep saying it's Scotland's oil and not Britain's oil?

Is that not the SNP looking after their own?

Or is that the SNP doing the decent thing?

The Yes Campaign and The Referendum is not about the SNP. I thought someone of your intellect could tell the difference.

Edited by Vambo57

Yet another day of silence from the Nationalists with no condemnation of the kind of behaviour shown by supposed "Yes" Supporters at those Jim Murphy rallies both towards Jim Murphy and the bullying and intimidation shown to general members of the public. No apology or attempt at denial from the Yes Campaign Officials who were implicated in the video of organising the rent a mob.

The evidence is all there in the video. I really don't fancy the idea of post independence democracy in Scotland if this is an example of what it might be like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDi1OXJn4Vw

If it wasn't for some Yes voters turning up, Jim Murphy's meetings are attended by a wee wummin, 2 men & their Dugs. Has it been proven that the egg-thrower was a member of the Yes campaign?

I'll see your egg-throwing and raise you a beaten-up Yes Campaigner.

Passport, place of birth - then registering a desire to vote. That data for checking is already held by government. Simples.

Few people would wish to participate in Cooncil elections, but this upcoming stupidity directly impacts on us all.

So that would allow 4 of my Australian cousins who have no intention of ever returning to Scotland to participate, then? Good plan, allowing people who have no intention of ever living here to have a vote..... Edited by salmonbuddie

So that would allow 4 of my Australian cousins who have no intention of ever returning to Scotland to participate, then? Good plan, allowing people who have no intention of ever living here to have a vote.....

I think the point Bluto was trying to make, and it's what I think, our ex-pat Scots in the colonies will probably not be affected at all in the unlikely Yes winning but Scots living in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and even Eire are bound to be affected. You know as well as I do Eck would have let the population of Brazil vote if he thought they would say yes.

So that would allow 4 of my Australian cousins who have no intention of ever returning to Scotland to participate, then? Good plan, allowing people who have no intention of ever living here to have a vote.....

Rick's right.

But, of course, you WOULD do your best to not address the fact that I may have a valid point, wouldn't you?

And... remarkably.... you omit any concerns you may have about Eck allowing foreign students and unemployed immigrants to vote, despite them having no intention of ever staying here.

Why is that? :unsure:

So it's not acceptable to have "foreigners" living here voting but true patriotic Scots who have chosen to live elsewhere and have no intention of ever returning should have a vote? Seriously?

And, Rick, in what way does your argument entitle Scots to a vote any more than the English, Welsh or Irish also living in rUK? There are many, many, expat Scots living elsewhere, none of those I met in Oz support No. If the SNP really wanted as big a Yes support as possible then they would adopt your (imo ridiculous & unworkable) solution. They haven't, and wouldn't get my support if they tried to, either.

So it's not acceptable to have "foreigners" living here voting but true patriotic Scots who have chosen to live elsewhere and have no intention of ever returning should have a vote? Seriously?

And, Rick, in what way does your argument entitle Scots to a vote any more than the English, Welsh or Irish also living in rUK? There are many, many, expat Scots living elsewhere, none of those I met in Oz support No. If the SNP really wanted as big a Yes support as possible then they would adopt your (imo ridiculous & unworkable) solution. They haven't, and wouldn't get my support if they tried to, either.

When you are a zealot for whatever it becomes virtually impossible to be reasonable about other opinions. I don't think Yes will win. I certainly won't cry into my cornflakes if they do. In time I think a lot will realise it was a mistake if independence is the outcome. Not that they would ever admit it. I think by the sounds of it a lot of the Yes voters will be shattered and vociferously incensed if it's No. We'll see.

I made no comment about what people in the old colonies should or shouldn't do - nor did I suggest they shouldn't have an opinion. I only said it will make no difference at all to their lifestyle. By the way, have you replied yet to Bluto's point about foreign students and immigrants being allowed to vote?

Guest TPAFKATS

In time I think a lot will realise it was a mistake if independence is the outcome.

WOW!

How can being independent be a mistake?

People across the world dies for this freedom that you dismiss as being a mistake.

Apologies if it's the wrong thread.

WOW!

How can being independent be a mistake?

People across the world dies for this freedom that you dismiss as being a mistake.

Apologies if it's the wrong thread.

I know I'm going to have a ball with this. Most countries wanting independence are trying to get away from a tyrannical regime or for religous or cultural reasons. Don't let me down now. I want to be able to yawn over all the hoary old chestnuts. Wheel out Braveheart.

Rick's right.
But, of course, you WOULD do your best to not address the fact that I may have a valid point, wouldn't you?

And... remarkably.... you omit any concerns you may have about Eck allowing foreign students and unemployed immigrants to vote, despite them having no intention of ever staying here.

Why is that? unsure.png

You must be aware that the Franchise was set by agreement between the Westminster and Holyrood governments, the only leeway that was allowed was in extending the franchise to include those over 16 years of age. Maybe you should lobby your local MP about Cameron's decision that you should not vote, it would certainly give the rest of us a break from the tedious repetiton of your fake gripe. I'd be interested in the response.

Edited by beyond our ken

Thanks, Rick. i could almost warm to you if you continued in this confessional mode. A wee bit of therapy and you might even pass as human.

Keep up the good work.

i wish I could think of something nice to respond with. I was confessing to nothing. But could you repeat the question please?

Do we allow foreign students and immigrants to vote in other elections in Scotland?

I believe we do, if they have a legal right to live here and qualify as residents. According to the Edinburgh agreement, the voting franchise is made up of those registered who are legally eligible to vote in Scotland, plus those between the ages of 16 and 18 who would not normally be allowed a vote.

As said before, it is the way the wonderful westminster government wanted it-as signed by "call me Dave" cameron.

When you are a zealot for whatever it becomes virtually impossible to be reasonable about other opinions.

Says the voice of reason......

I've said several times that I honestly don't think Yes will win and that life will continue. Won't stop me thinking we've missed a great opportunity, though.

By the way, have you replied yet to Bluto's point about foreign students and immigrants being allowed to vote?

Bluto's "foreigner" point, you mean? I thought it unworthy of comment, tbh. It's as provable that they won't stay as it is that others will return.

You know I never said that, but twist if you will.

My point was about people who do live here, work here, are Scots but somehow the wit, genius and power of the Scottish government is not up to the task of giving THEM a vote .

Like me, Rick is a Scot living within the community that small-minded Nationalists would like to rip asunder, yet keep the £, the monarchy, Capitalism, Eastenders, the EU and waste money on that whole daft exercise.

Neither of us are talking about people who have moved abroad. (The UK is NOT abroad). And speaking for myself I wouldn't care if they could be included and voted Yes.

It's the lack of ambition and democracy that gets my goat.

Eta: and you'll be well aware that if the vote was extended to all citizens of the UK (a good and valid point that I'm astounded you raised), then it would be even more likely to be a No vote.

Edited by bluto

You know I never said that, but twist if you will.

My point was about people who do live here, work here, are Scots but somehow the wit, genius and power of the Scottish government is not up to the task of giving THEM a vote .Like me, Rick is a Scot living within the community that small-minded Nationalists would like to rip asunder, yet keep the £, the monarchy, Capitalism, Eastenders, the EU and waste money on that whole daft exercise.

Neither of us are talking about people who have moved abroad. (The UK is NOT abroad). And speaking for myself I wouldn't care if they could be included and voted Yes.

It's the lack of ambition and democracy that gets my goat.

Eta: and you'll be well aware that if the vote was extended to all citizens of the UK (a good and valid point that I'm astounded you raised), then it would be even more likely to be a No vote.

Both yourself and Rick are conveniently forgetting that it was actually Westminster who decided only residents of Scotland could vote in the referendum

Both yourself and Rick are conveniently forgetting that it was actually Westminster who decided only residents of Scotland could vote in the referendum

Oh FFS - thats simply not true. Even on the Natsi Propagandist website they say you are wrong

Last year’s argument over the referendum franchise saw the Scottish Government’s view win the day – that the matter should be decided according to a civic definition of nationality, rather than along the ethnic lines proposed by some in the No camp.

Warning - this post links to that disgusting website Wings Over Scotland. Viewers should be warned that this Natsi Propaganda website is packed full of scurrilous lies, disgusting smears and unbelievable levels of unrestricted xenophobia. Please do not click on the links unless you really are prepared to see Stewart Campbell - the man who "laughed through 9/11" and who thinks that the Hillborough disaster could have been simply avoided had Liverpool fans kicked their heels, used their elbows and got out of the way - earn money from the pay per click campaign the Yes Campaign is using to pay this horrific little man.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/the-foreigner-vote/

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Oh FFS - thats simply not true. Even on the Natsi Propagandist website they say you are wrong

Warning - this is a link to that disgusting website Wings Over Scotland. Viewers should be warned that this Natsi Propaganda website is packed full of scurrilous lies, disgusting smears and unbelievable levels of unrestricted xenophobia.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/the-foreigner-vote/

Goodness!

I find it so hard to believe that anyone other than yourself would ever attempt to lie on this thread(or the other...).

I mean... they've accused you so often.... they wouldn't.... would they? ohmy.png

Edited by bluto