Must Be Seen... Ex-Uk Ambassador 'outs' Our Corrupt Uk Govt

Vambo57

I would suspect he has a much better grasp on the realities he speaks of than you...or I.

I was referring to the reality of life in Scotland, not his version of events.

My main point is he's of a type that the YES campaign like to vilify and use as a reason to escape the "English system" and people who run it.

Anyway, I'm back to undecided...................with a slant towards NAW!

Guest TPAFKATS

I know nothing of Tony Soprano's sexual proclivities but bow to your greater knowledge. If he wants to eat Salmond he's definitely going for quantity over quality.

...yet you seem to have knowledge over the size of the salmond organ.:-o

oh i got it ok i just dont believe him all that much,he (as mentioned above) is selling books and will grab publicity where he can

every government is capable of smearing their own for deviation of their party line - it's why i dont like politicians, and i'm not gullible enough to accept what this guy said is factual

He got sacked for raising the issues and is now trying to raise awareness... and make a living. He was lucky he didn't go camping in a secluded field and was found to have mysteriously commited suicide for no apparent reason.

He is a man of principal and courage.

Do you not now agree?

Murray has been a loose cannon for years. At one time it looked like he had a glittering career ahead of him but his appointment as ambassador was seen by many as being a step too far too quickly in his career. Don't think anybody else wanted the job. Apart from shooting his mouth off in a most un-ambassadorial style he couldn't keep his pecker in his trousers, dumped his wife quite brutally and got chopped. Since then he has had a huge chip on his shoulder and is completely anti-establishment. But any port in a storm.

Nice bit of balance there, no axe to grind, etc

Nice bit of balance there, no axe to grind, etc

Generally personal attacks are the last option of a regime that has no concrete defence against the claims of the whistleblower.. and we see this over and over again... the sickening thing is that those who support said regime are parroting this nonsense as truth!

A poor deluded fool? This is a man who has the inside knowledge on how the British government works mate, we all have our own opinions and that is fair enough, but this sort of demonising of those who choose to air their own experiences is exactly what makes the voters ( us) cynical about what our so called leaders are doing in the great rush for power.

A poor deluded fool? This is a man who has the inside knowledge on how the British government works mate, we all have our own opinions and that is fair enough, but this sort of demonising of those who choose to air their own experiences is exactly what makes the voters ( us) cynical about what our so called leaders are doing in the great rush for power.

Are you only just getting cynical now about MP's? i've been cynical about all shades of Mp all my life which is why I don't vote for any of them. It is a power thing with a lot of them and they are self serving above everything. But we're not allowed to vote on whether or not we want them in case we bin them. The Scottish Referendum isn't about Uzbekistan, Iraq, the Middle East, David Cameron, Tony Blair or disaffected high ranking diplomats. Every bloody red herring under the sun has been dragged into the debate. The economics about the viability or otherwise of an independent Scotland is what this is all about and everything else is peripheral.

I don't have a vote so I don't need converting. I think all the red herrings are in the debate because the Yes campaign and Alex Salmond et al are way short of convincing about the economics. Economic arguments normally win elections. This is different to a typical election but if anything it makes the economic argument even more vital. And Yes is losing that clearly in my view.

i said probably made it up,we only have his word on it,so i have no facts to base this on just like you dont have any evidence other than his word that what he said is true

I think the burden of proof lies with you, given that you are the one suggesting the guy is a liar. If you called me a liar, I would certainly be asking you to evidence your assertion. If the shoe were on the other foot, I'm fairly confident that you would, too, no?

In any event, I didn't find anything the guy said to be particularly revelatory. He speaks from a position of some authority having direct experience of what he is talking about, however. Something few of us can claim in this context.

Edited by Drew

Are you only just getting cynical now about MP's? i've been cynical about all shades of Mp all my life which is why I don't vote for any of them. It is a power thing with a lot of them and they are self serving above everything. But we're not allowed to vote on whether or not we want them in case we bin them. The Scottish Referendum isn't about Uzbekistan, Iraq, the Middle East, David Cameron, Tony Blair or disaffected high ranking diplomats. Every bloody red herring under the sun has been dragged into the debate. The economics about the viability or otherwise of an independent Scotland is what this is all about and everything else is peripheral.

I don't have a vote so I don't need converting. I think all the red herrings are in the debate because the Yes campaign and Alex Salmond et al are way short of convincing about the economics. Economic arguments normally win elections. This is different to a typical election but if anything it makes the economic argument even more vital. And Yes is losing that clearly in my view.

I don't have a vote either Rick, and no, my cynicism of politicians and politics is not a recent thing.. we all know that the whole WMD excuse for invading Iraq was a red herring, and we all know that politicians are going to say anything to get into power.. and if you think that the Scottish economy will suffer with independence then that is an opinion, and my opinion is that in a global economy that it won't, but these are only opinions.. my contention is that in an independent Scotland, the Scots will get the government that is voted for by the majority of Scots.. no more.. and no less!

Don't ever knock the truth.

The truth is out there.

It is indeed, but a race of Lizard people living in a hollow moon and influencing things on earth is pure science fiction... just as much as a mythical deity living in an undefined "heaven" that created the entire universe in seven days.. omniscient and omnipresent, yet we are still plagued by war, pestilence, Dicko, Oaky, and the ( ex ) old firm... I'm off to repair my tinfoil hat..

Hmmm...

As someone once said...

"It would appear that the majority of prospective No voters' choice is based on their perception of personal gain/loss (greed)..

Wheras, the majority of prospective YES voters' choice is based on common decency".

Hmmm...

As someone once said...

"It would appear that the majority of prospective No voters' choice is based on their perception of personal gain/loss (greed)..

Wheras, the majority of prospective YES voters' choice is based on common decency".

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

So, you believe the YES vote is based on "common decency", that's a nice idea.

Meanwhile in the real world........................bye1.gif

Hmmm...

As someone once said...

OK, so who is the someone? Yes is a on a wing and a prayer. Little to back it up. The quote attributed to No voters clearly came from Tam Pepper who got flung out of hell for lying.

Hmmm...

As someone once said...

Ooft. Ach well this must be the first time I've seen a Nationalist admit that we're all going to be worse off after Independence. Spead the word folks. Clearly Alex Salmond was lying on the 28th of May when he claimed Independence would make every Scottish individual £1000 per annum richer with the "bonus of independence."

Ooft. Ach well this must be the first time I've seen a Nationalist admit that we're all going to be worse off after Independence. Spead the word folks. Clearly Alex Salmond was lying on the 28th of May when he claimed Independence would make every Scottish individual £1000 per annum richer with the "bonus of independence."

I thought that was a bit ironic....................blink.png