Must Be Seen... Ex-Uk Ambassador 'outs' Our Corrupt Uk Govt

Vambo57

Like me, Rick is a Scot living within the community that small-minded Nationalists would like to rip asunder.....

It's the lack of ambition and democracy that gets my goat.

It's the constant smearing of being called "small minded" and a "Nazi" that gets my goat. I'm neither and I'll go back to what my position has always been - the vote is for the people of Scotland, not the Scottish people. If that's small minded or Nazi then your definition of both is a million miles away from mine.

It's the constant smearing of being called "small minded" and a "Nazi" that gets my goat. I'm neither and I'll go back to what my position has always been - the vote is for the people of Scotland, not the Scottish people. If that's small minded or Nazi then your definition of both is a million miles away from mine.

'Nazi' is your self-description, never mine.

All yes-men for an independent Scotland ARE Nationalist, so this must be the word I use.

And is wanting to be in a wee-er country and removing yourself from being in a bigger partnership not a definition of being small-minded? :unsure:

Or is huffiness and taking offence, just a line of defence... like the constant deployment of" they're trying to scare us"?

A wee-er country . Scotland will remain the same geographical size after self determinism. Yes we will in some ways be removed but we will be very much associated with each other as far as trade goes . I like the association we see in the Nordic States , they have a great partnership with each other but are also independent states. .

The Union has had its day . .

A wee-er country . Scotland will remain the same geographical size after self determinism. Yes we will in some ways be removed but we will be very much associated with each other as far as trade goes . I like the association we see in the Nordic States , they have a great partnership with each other but are also independent states. .

The Union has had its day . .

post-8992-0-96114800-1409694839_thumb.jp

But it is true. Whether or not it was the preferred option of the Scottish government is totally irrelevant. It was the Westminster government that had the final say on the matter and had to approve it, therefore it was "Westminster who decided only residents of Scotland could vote in the referendum". If you need any more help understanding simple English just let me know, I'll be glad to assist.

It's OK Bluto, you've realised what was happening and checked your slide to the dark side.

The Scottish Government said it wanted to exclude Scots "abroad" from voting and the Electoral Commission said "Ok then" and you Nationalists now want to pin the blame on Westminster. You Natsi's are a right piece of work. :rolleyes:

'Nazi' is your self-description, never mine.

All yes-men for an independent Scotland ARE Nationalist, so this must be the word I use.

And is wanting to be in a wee-er country and removing yourself from being in a bigger partnership not a definition of being small-minded? :unsure:

Or is huffiness and taking offence, just a line of defence... like the constant deployment of" they're trying to scare us"?

"Nazi" has been used more than once by No campaigners, on here and elsewhere, you fly with the crows.....

As for your second part, bluto, good luck with that when the Boris/Farage combo withdraws the UK (or, hopefully, the rUK) from the EU. I've maintained for years that I'm a Nationalist because I'm an Internationalist. The UK is drawing further and further into its Little England persona, and has been for over 30 years now.

Still unable to understand plain, simple English then. Thought so, but there's no need to be so defensive about it. You know, language developed so that people could communicate. To be able to do this, people had to agree what certain words meant and so was born the dictionary. Even though some words, through time, have their meanings altered due to current usage, that does not give you the right to just take a word and decide that it is going to mean something totally different to what everyone else on the planet thinks it means (the only two people that are allowed to do that are Bluto and me/myself/I biggrin.png ). You doing so makes it hard for others to understand you. Stop doing it - it's not big and it's not clever.

Remember to read my post in a condescending tone to get the full effect.

You aren't very good at this trolling lark, are you....

"Nazi" has been used more than once by No campaigners, on here and elsewhere, you fly with the crows.....

As for your second part, bluto, good luck with that when the Boris/Farage combo withdraws the UK (or, hopefully, the rUK) from the EU. I've maintained for years that I'm a Nationalist because I'm an Internationalist. The UK is drawing further and further into its Little England persona, and has been for over 30 years now.

Good luck is not needed - and thank you for being able to discriminate so poorly between me and other individuals...

Like Scotland, it's far from the majority in the UK (or even a potential rUK) that's drawing into a Nationalist persona.

Every so often the tabloids whip up hysteria such as "the NF (remember them?) are taking over". UKIP is just another tabloid straw in the wind.

Oh FFS - thats simply not true. Even on the Natsi Propagandist website they say you are wrong

Warning - this post links to that disgusting website Wings Over Scotland. Viewers should be warned that this Natsi Propaganda website is packed full of scurrilous lies, disgusting smears and unbelievable levels of unrestricted xenophobia. Please do not click on the links unless you really are prepared to see Stewart Campbell - the man who "laughed through 9/11" and who thinks that the Hillborough disaster could have been simply avoided had Liverpool fans kicked their heels, used their elbows and got out of the way - earn money from the pay per click campaign the Yes Campaign is using to pay this horrific little man.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/the-foreigner-vote/

The referendum franchise

8.1 Both the UK and Scottish Government consultation papers propose using the existing franchise for Scottish Parliament and local government elections as the basis for determining eligibility to vote in the referendum, although the Scottish Government has also proposed to allow "16 and 17 year olds who are eligible to be registered under the existing UK legislation" to vote at the referendum. To be eligible to vote in the Scottish Parliament elections or local government election in Scotland, a person must be aged 18 or over on polling day, be a British, Irish, European Union or qualifying Commonwealth citizen, and be registered to vote at an address in Scotland.

From the electoral commission's consultation paper. UK gov decided it was happy with this and signed up to it in the Edinburgh agreement. indisputable facts borne out by the material that you linked to. Bluto is playing games with the truth when he airs his faux-gripe that somehow Alex Salmond was the sole arbiter on this issue. I suspect though that he just likes the argument and has no real desire to vote.

The referendum franchise

8.1 Both the UK and Scottish Government consultation papers propose using the existing franchise for Scottish Parliament and local government elections as the basis for determining eligibility to vote in the referendum, although the Scottish Government has also proposed to allow "16 and 17 year olds who are eligible to be registered under the existing UK legislation" to vote at the referendum. To be eligible to vote in the Scottish Parliament elections or local government election in Scotland, a person must be aged 18 or over on polling day, be a British, Irish, European Union or qualifying Commonwealth citizen, and be registered to vote at an address in Scotland.

From the electoral commission's consultation paper. UK gov decided it was happy with this and signed up to it in the Edinburgh agreement. indisputable facts borne out by the material that you linked to. Bluto is playing games with the truth when he airs his faux-gripe that somehow Alex Salmond was the sole arbiter on this issue. I suspect though that he just likes the argument and has no real desire to vote.

Your suspicion is wrong.

As the links offered by Herr Dixon demonstrate - Eck didnae want us to vote: the Government did want that to happen. As ever, there were negotiations.

Yes, the agreed, settled decision was that I (and thousands of other Scots) should be disenfranchised in this vote about a way forward for my nation, but it was the Nationalists who chose to exclude us.

Edited by bluto

Your suspicion is wrong.

As the links offered by Herr Dixon demonstrate - Eck didnae want us to vote: the Government did want that to happen. As ever, there were negotiations.

Yes, the agreed, settled decision was that I (and thousands of other Scots) should be disenfranchised in this vote about a way forward for my nation, but it was the Nationalists who chose to exclude us.

As MY link demonstrates, the current situation was proposed in both the UK and Scottish governments consultation docs. as stated before, if you have a gripe at all then it is with you constituency MP- i take it you felt so strongly about this you decided to contact him/her and to air your fears when the matter first arose and that you also responded to one or other of the consultations? To continue to argue the point without having done so would be

UN-Democraticbangin.gif

Edit: re the bit in bold, is that a bit of the little-englander coming out in you? Maybe a wee freudian slip? Just to help you, "wee eck" is the first minister of the "Scottish Government" (or oor wullie's mate?) and "the Government" you speak of is another government based in Westminster. To refer to Westminster as "The Government" is to totally disregard the status of the Scottish Government. How very disrespectful. And to think you still want to occassionally vote in Scotland? The nerve ohmy.png

Edited by beyond our ken

Like Scotland, it's far from the majority in the UK (or even a potential rUK) that's drawing into a Nationalist persona.

Every so often the tabloids whip up hysteria such as "the NF (remember them?) are taking over". UKIP is just another tabloid straw in the wind.

How many Conservative MP'S joined the NF? You really will need the luck, you know. Unfortunately enough, we probably will, too.

Your suspicion is wrong.

So all of a sudden you and SD think that what a politican says and what a politician does are always one and the same. You were never in the frame for a vote as the paragraph i posted says.

Many of us would have been happy with devo max (properly defined and binding on both partires) and a second question on the ballot paper- Mr Salmond offered that and didn't get it but you dont see him or us bleating about it 2 years on

I'd ask you to refrain from pursuing this any further on BAWA, but the constant whingeing and "big boy did it and ran away" rantings are as funny as hell.

As MY link demonstrates, the current situation was proposed in both the UK and Scottish governments consultation docs. as stated before, if you have a gripe at all then it is with you constituency MP- i take it you felt so strongly about this you decided to contact him/her and to air your fears when the matter first arose and that you also responded to one or other of the consultations? To continue to argue the point without having done so would be

UN-Democratic:hammer

Edit: re the bit in bold, is that a bit of the little-englander coming out in you? Maybe a wee freudian slip? Just to help you, "wee eck" is the first minister of the "Scottish Government" (or oor wullie's mate?) and "the Government" you speak of is another government based in Westminster. To refer to Westminster as "The Government" is to totally disregard the status of the Scottish Government. How very disrespectful. And to think you still want to occassionally vote in Scotland? The nerve :o

So all of a sudden you and SD think that what a politican says and what a politician does are always one and the same. You were never in the frame for a vote as the paragraph i posted says.

Many of us would have been happy with devo max (properly defined and binding on both partires) and a second question on the ballot paper- Mr Salmond offered that and didn't get it but you dont see him or us bleating about it 2 years on

I'd ask you to refrain from pursuing this any further on BAWA, but the constant whingeing and "big boy did it and ran away" rantings are as funny as hell.

With two posts replying to my one, I suggest it's you pursuing it rather than me.

I know what I know and Herr Dixon's offerings and mine were sufficient to show WHO was lying, so I guess that's why you really need to stop digging your hole.

You made an error, you were immediately caught out, let it lie. :)

With two posts replying to my one, I suggest it's you pursuing it rather than me.

If only it were only one post from you on the subject. But 2 replies? i suppose that is how much fun you are.

I know what I know and Herr Dixon's offerings and mine were sufficient to show WHO was lying, so I guess that's why you really need to stop digging your hole.

So no more "where are the facts" type statements or so-called intelligent debate? it is now just down to " I know what I know" Brilliant!

You made an error, you were immediately caught out, let it lie. smile.png

More showboating, a sure sign you are well and truly busted on this one. But that wont turn the tide on your trademark smugness. Maybe I am getting tired of this one

Like me, Rick is a Scot living within the community that small-minded Nationalists would like to rip asunder, yet keep the £, the monarchy, Capitalism, Eastenders, the EU and waste money on that whole daft exercise.

I'm glad it struck you as a personal slight even though I explained the choice of words was about wanting wee Scotland rather than BIG UK. :P

Not the first time you used it, you didn't, hence why it struck me as a personal slight. Still, nice to see you could discriminate between me and other Nationalists who may well be small-minded.......

UN-Democratic:hammer

Edit: re the bit in bold, is that a bit of the little-englander coming out in you? Maybe a wee freudian slip? Just to help you, "wee eck" is the first minister of the "Scottish Government" (or oor wullie's mate?) and "the Government" you speak of is another government based in Westminster. To refer to Westminster as "The Government" is to totally disregard the status of the Scottish Government. How very disrespectful. And to think you still want to occassionally vote in Scotland? The nerve :o

Thanks for the edit. :)

I was disappointed that you hadn't risen to it.

If only it were only one post from you on the subject. But 2 replies? i suppose that is how much fun you are.

So no more "where are the facts" type statements or so-called intelligent debate? it is now just down to " I know what I know" Brilliant!

You made an error, you were immediately caught out, let it lie. :)

More showboating, a sure sign you are well and truly busted on this one. But that wont turn the tide on your trademark smugness. Maybe I am getting tired of this one

Showboating and smugness: I don't have exclusive rights to them on this forum. You acquit yourself well.

And while I'm at it... An earlier labelling ME as someone who 'just likes to argue', also reverberated.

Pot, kettle, tartan etc.... :)

I really don't mind that you use me as a role model, at all.