Must Be Seen... Ex-Uk Ambassador 'outs' Our Corrupt Uk Govt

Vambo57

He's a self-proclaimed human rights activist who now makes his money from speaking engagements and self-published books. He's been saying this for about 10 years, when he was bagged by the Foreign Office for telling tales about the Usbeki governments abuses of human rights and for claiming that the Usbeki Islamists were not linked to other Islamist militant groups (despite operating out of Taliban controlled territory). I don't think he's taken all that seriously by the "men in black" as nobody seems to be briefing against him. Having read some of his stuff I think that some of what he says is probably true, some of it he thinks is true but unsubstantiated and the rest is probably rumour and innuendo. Much like UKIP and the SNP really.

Guest TPAFKATS

The books were sold a while ago. I think David Tennent did an audio version? Genuinely dont think he's in it for the money or fame. He also seems to be in poor health now.

Murray has been a loose cannon for years. At one time it looked like he had a glittering career ahead of him but his appointment as ambassador was seen by many as being a step too far too quickly in his career. Don't think anybody else wanted the job. Apart from shooting his mouth off in a most un-ambassadorial style he couldn't keep his pecker in his trousers, dumped his wife quite brutally and got chopped. Since then he has had a huge chip on his shoulder and is completely anti-establishment. But any port in a storm.

Murray has been a loose cannon for years. At one time it looked like he had a glittering career ahead of him but his appointment as ambassador was seen by many as being a step too far too quickly in his career. Don't think anybody else wanted the job. Apart from shooting his mouth off in a most un-ambassadorial style he couldn't keep his pecker in his trousers, dumped his wife quite brutally and got chopped. Since then he has had a huge chip on his shoulder and is completely anti-establishment. But any port in a storm.

How unlike you to think the worst of someone.

As that's coming from an expert maybe I should worry. But I won't. I got the feeling yesterday that no-one had heard of him before. His fall from grace and marital problems were well publicised at the time. The consensus genuinely seemed to be that he was out of his depth. Don't suppose that means he is definitely bitter and twisted with an axe to grind.

Guest TPAFKATS

Don't suppose that youd consider the possibility, however small that the Uk gov might smear against one of their own who deviate from the party line. He states that he was almost sectioned at one point which he attributes to the Blair regime.

I don't know if this is true or not but I'm no longer gullible enough to swallow the party line of the establishment in the uk.

Don't suppose that youd consider the possibility, however small that the Uk gov might smear against one of their own who deviate from the party line. He states that he was almost sectioned at one point which he attributes to the Blair regime.

I don't know if this is true or not but I'm no longer gullible enough to swallow the party line of the establishment in the uk.

But you're gullible enough to swallow hook,line and sinker every utterance from the Yes campaign especially the organ grinder Salmond?

I think the remit here is that , if the information presented by the individual cant be disparaged then , the lines of defence taken is to dismantle the reputation of the individual who is relaying the information . Which would make you wonder why some naysayers still quote Chuckles Kennedy. .

TBH much of what Murray said has already been in the public arena with regard to rendition and the waging of illegal wars , the kind of invasions that previous British regimes checked the Nazi's for. Murray was just putting his personal viewpoint on the relevant regime. Let's face it , the regime in question didn't become corrupt overnight , did it .

every government is capable of smearing their own for deviation of their party line - it's why i dont like politicians, and i'm not gullible enough to accept what this guy said is factual

Guest TPAFKATS

i said probably made it up,we only have his word on it,so i have no facts to base this on just like you dont have any evidence other than his word that what he said is true

We also have the word of others who said that there were no WMD in Iraq. The UN inspectors also found no evidence of them.

We also have Blair and bush telling us that there were weapons.

I find this similar to now with Cameron telling us that Is pose a threat to security in Uk.

I suppose it's down to how much you trust your government.

Guest TPAFKATS

We are meant to believe that, when it suits an agenda, we are to take the word of some public school official who has no real grasp of reality?

The very "type" that seems to be another reason for leaving the union?

Ok, I'm in. thumbup2.gif

I would suspect he has a much better grasp on the realities he speaks of than you...or I.