Iphone Watch

Stuart Dickson

What is the point of these f**king things? Can someone sell me the advantages of one?

£300 to tell the time, make a phone call, and send a text message but to make it work you need to have your iPhone with you, in your pocket. Surely this has to be the most overpriced, pointless piece of overhyped tat on the market this Christmas. £300 to look like a prat talking to your wrist rather than your phone. £300 to text on an even smaller keyboard.

My girlfriends son told me that him getting one would make him fitter. "How", I asked, because it tells me how far I've walked. So I told him my car has an odometer that tells me how far I've driven but it doesn't make me want to drive further.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Shocking expose on Apple's materials sourcing and manufacturing practices on Panorama last night. An hour long programme that didn't pull punches - probably available on iPlayer for anyone who is interested.

Edited by Drew

What is the point of these f**king things? Can someone sell me the advantages of one?

£300 to tell the time, make a phone call, and send a text message but to make it work you need to have your iPhone with you, in your pocket. Surely this has to be the most overpriced, pointless piece of overhyped tat on the market this Christmas. £300 to look like a prat talking to your wrist rather than your phone. £300 to text on an even smaller keyboard.

My girlfriends son told me that him getting one would make him fitter. "How", I asked, because it tells me how far I've walked. So I told him my car has an odometer that tells me how far I've driven but it doesn't make me want to drive further.

Ffs Stuart if that's what he wants for Christmas let him have it. I have been using apple computers and iPhones for a few years now but will not replace with apple again

Ffs Stuart if that's what he wants for Christmas let him have it. I have been using apple computers and iPhones for a few years now but will not replace with apple again

He can have it if he wants. I won't be buying it for him, but if he can raise the money from Christmas gifts good luck to him. I still think it's a huge waste of money though. I can't see any practical use for it at all and that includes telling the time since it can't even do that when not in range of the partnered iPhone.

He can have it if he wants. I won't be buying it for him, but if he can raise the money from Christmas gifts good luck to him. I still think it's a huge waste of money though. I can't see any practical use for it at all and that includes telling the time since it can't even do that when not in range of the partnered iPhone.

don't consider myself a geek though I'm a bit of an audiophile . Don't know much about mobile phones to be honest but for me - get on the internet - automatically changes to local time on travels. Good for setting the alarm such as tomorrow morning, getting picked up at 6am for the chopper offshore. Face time with my family. Most people use them as a mobile music centre also. More importantly if you are in trouble it's a way of. contact that in its self is why any kid wanting a phone should have one. In fact because of that the Scottish government should make it law that every child should have one. If poorer families can not afford one then it should be paid for by the government and us tax. Only for emergency use. Look up the number of children that go missing each year :) Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

don't consider myself a geek though I'm a bit of an audiophile . Don't know much about mobile phones to be honest but for me - get on the internet - automatically changes to local time on travels. Good for setting the alarm such as tomorrow morning, getting picked up at 6am for the chopper offshore. Face time with my family. Most people use them as a mobile music centre also. More importantly if you are in trouble it's a way of. contact that in its self is why any kid wanting a phone should have one. In fact because of that the Scottish government should make it law that every child should have one. If poorer families can not afford one then it should be paid for by the government and us tax. Only for emergency use. Look up the number of children that go missing each year smile.png

Aye OK - but he's got an iPhone IOBS. I'm talking about the iPhone WATCH as being a waste of money.

Surely this has to be the most overpriced, pointless piece of overhyped tat on the market this Christmas. £300 to look like a prat talking to your wrist rather than your phone. £300 to text on an even smaller keyboard.

Pointless indeed, as its not going to be on the market until middle of next year. You can at least start the topic again next year.

don't consider myself a geek though I'm a bit of an audiophile . Don't know much about mobile phones to be honest but for me - get on the internet - automatically changes to local time on travels. Good for setting the alarm such as tomorrow morning, getting picked up at 6am for the chopper offshore. Face time with my family. Most people use them as a mobile music centre also. More importantly if you are in trouble it's a way of. contact that in its self is why any kid wanting a phone should have one. In fact because of that the Scottish government should make it law that every child should have one. If poorer families can not afford one then it should be paid for by the government and us tax. Only for emergency use. Look up the number of children that go missing each year smile.png

lol.giflol.giflol.gif for the first bit.

Aye, and a mobile phone will help that. 1eye.gif

Edited by faraway saint