Optimism

FFS

Tell me

WHAT THE f**k IS A REAL FAN?????

Lol

This Forum is a joke.

Here is a stab at what a real fan is :-

A real fan actually cares - attends when they can, supports financially, and is always interested in the well being of their club.

There are plenty of so called Man U or Old firm FANS, who just want to be known as a supporter of a successful team.

Edited by Sweeper07

No need to apologise for agreeing with someone else! Opinions are just that on both sides.

BUT come on - Rae has not been here for too big a chunk of the 75% of the season so far! 6 of the 10 games we lost to the top 4 were on Murray's watch. e..g. Falkirk took 3 goals off us twice under Murray - we got a point under Rae and never lost a goal.

Also the Livi game was only Rae's 2nd week in the job. (They have also scored more goals than us, Alloa, QOTS, Morton & Dumbarton) So scoring is not their problem.

I hardly think we are shipping goals either - In 11 games under Rae we have scored 13 (Murray managed only 14 goals in 16 games) and under Rae conceded 14 (the Livi & Raith games take the weekly average upwards) ; So under Murray we conceded 24 in 16 games, hence the reason we are now collecting nearly 50% of the available points under Rae, when Murray managed only 25%

We've not beaten the top 4 YET but under Murray we couldn't beat Alloa.

The Raith game was poor - and I said 2 months ago there will be disappointments for sure. But almost every week under Murray it was a disappointment. Lessons will be learned. Changes will be implemented.

With other players coming back to fitness we might begin to have competition for places too.

It is no surprise teams below us caught up while we were playing the top 4 - so lets see how things go over the next 4 games.

AYE we should not be mediocre in the Championship - but earlier in the season we were clearly heading for the division below. (Murray's points record continued and we would be 4 points below Livi - sunk in the relegation play off position and it may have been worse as the players were increasingly not behind him )

We can all be deflated at where we are - but we are on the up - after serious downwards gloom for seasons. Rae needs more than 2 months to sort out the sh*it he inherited - so lets watch and see.

I am not convinced we will win promotion next season either - I hope I am wrong - but under Rae, the rot has stopped and improvements will continue to make us better - provided his hands don't get ties by the BOD and too mean a budget for next season.

This is not aimed at AR, however Sweeper , its a result driven business, we are in exactly the same position as when Murray was here, yes we can now win at home, unbeaten in 4 games, however that Raith game was a massive back step.

Livi and Sons are fighters, and under IM they stayed up with the addition of Hearts in the League, as did Livi.

So mate, lets face it, things have just stopped plummeting, they are not better.

If I had told you after season 2013-2014 that would be 4 points off relagation play off in the Championship- would have you have believed

And US REAL FANs have watched this car crash unfold.

We are not very good at football and right now we are in a dogfight.

This is not aimed at AR, however Sweeper , its a result driven business, we are in exactly the same position as when Murray was here, yes we can now win at home, unbeaten in 4 games, however that Raith game was a massive back step.

Livi and Sons are fighters, and under IM they stayed up with the addition of Hearts in the League, as did Livi.

So mate, lets face it, things have just stopped plummeting, they are not better.

If I had told you after season 2013-2014 that would be 4 points off relagation play off in the Championship- would have you have believed

And US REAL FANs have watched this car crash unfold.

We are not very good at football and right now we are in a dogfight.

I am sorry if you read into what I was saying in any way, that you or anyone I don't know might not be real fans - that is definitely NOT my angle. Real fans come in all shapes and sizes, optimistic, pessimistic, realistic etc. I intended that we real fans, optimistic, pessimistic or otherwise were all in this together! (I suspect that I have expressed this poorly, so please accept my apology?)

I know you will have read many of my posts - I was utterly pessimistic during Murray's reign and right from the off - I could see that he was not getting a squad together even after the season had started. OK he did land some of his targets before the window closed, but we were already on a downer when Langfield and co arrived. None of them were instant hits either (Though Shanks has done ok) and there was no gelling or management ability to sort matters.

The Raith game was a bad blip and the Livi game is not the norm during AR reign and before he had his right hand man Faz to support him and work with the players - they were both real off days results wise. And if the Sons are fighters, under Rae we beat them, under Murray they beat us twice.

Professional leagues are battle grounds, the strongest win through. We are surely much stronger now than we were 12 league games ago as the Sons took all 3 points for the 2nd time. The car crashes have been happening for several seasons.

At the moment, we cannot worry about being pretty or fluent - just points - for as you say they win the prizes.

We are not in the same position above Livi points wise as when Murray left. They have been doing better than they were earlier in the season and we have just played the 4 best teams - let's get through a longer sequence and see if it is a fairer comparison.

Remember as Murray left and Rae took over - we were 12 points behind Morton back then - it is now only 4 points. We were 5 behind Dumbarton, its now level. Livi were 1 point behind us, they are now 4 behind. Alloa were just 4 points behind us - its now 15. QOTS were 10 ahead, its now just 6.

(I will post the league table if I can in the next post Rae inherited)

There was not one game in the league under Murray we could come and realistically expect we might win - he proved us wrong twice. In 11 games under Rae we have 5 wins - almost every 2nd game.

There are lots of ifs and buts in football - we could lose the next 4 games and we would be in serious bother, but I think, poor as we are, we are better enough now that we will win 2 or 3 and maybe even all 4 of these. They are the proverbial 6 pointers in a sense - but under Rae, the team mentality is better able to cope with this and the goals scored and conceded each week have both moved in better directions.

Let's watch for a month and see! I too am angry that in stead of being able to beat Killie and Partick we are now on a par with OQTS - but it is much better than when we were toiling with Alloa.

Edited by Sweeper07

League table Rae inherited from Murray - (It's a lot less pretty than it is now) 1 point above play off position and 4 above automatic relegation

FULL HOME AWAY

P W D L F A W D L F A W D L F A GD Pts

1 Rangers 16 13 2 1 46 11 8 1 0 27 5 5 1 1 19 6 +35 41

2 Hibernian 16 12 2 2 29 11 6 2 0 16 6 6 0 2 13 5 +18 38

3 Falkirk 16 9 5 2 30 14 5 1 1 12 2 4 4 1 18 12 +16 32

4 Morton 17 6 6 5 18 18 3 3 1 5 5 3 3 4 13 13 0 24

5 Raith Rovers 16 7 3 6 20 22 5 1 2 13 6 2 2 4 7 16 -2 24

6 Queen of the South 17 6 4 7 18 26 3 3 4 12 20 3 1 3 6 6 -8 22

7 Dumbarton 17 5 2 10 17 31 3 1 5 10 18 2 1 5 7 13 -14 17

8 St Mirren 16 2 6 8 14 24 0 3 5 8 15 2 3 3 6 9 -10 12

9 Livingston 16 3 2 11 17 24 1 1 6 7 11 2 1 5 10 13 -7 11

10 Alloa Athletic 17 2 2 13 8 36 0 1 7 3 16 2 1 6 5 20 -28 8

Added to my other comarisons - we are still the same points total behind Hibs during Rae's Reign. At the moment only Rangers , Falkirk and Raith (by 1 point) have done better to date.

Edited by Sweeper07

12th Dec Pts diff. Pts Now Pts less Pts Gain= +

our tot. (12) our total (31) Loss= -

Pt 12/3/16

1 Rangers 41 29 72 41 - 12

2 Hibernian 38 26 55 24 + 2

3 Falkirk 32 20 57 26 - 6

4 Morton 24 12 32 1 + 11

5 Raith Rov's 24 12 42 11 + 1

6 Queen OTS 22 10 34 3 + 7

7 Dumbart'n 17 5 28 - 3 + 8

8 St Mirren 12 31

9 Livingston 11 - 1 24 - 7 + 6

10 Alloa Ath'c 8 - 4 14 - 17 + 13

Falkirk Play Dumbarton later on but here is the very real difference since Murray got sacked to now.

As we can all see only Rangers and Falkirk have done better than us since Rae arrived. (No mater what the Falkirk result is later)

We might not be a delight to watch yet, but it is clear that the improvements are MUCH more than merely stopping the rot.

ANOTHER HOME win today - Great to walk out the home stadium as winners yet again. (Not too long ago it just didn't happen for month after month)

Edited by Sweeper07