Optimism

Yup. But Shull also started a thread in about 2011 about us marching on to win a national trophy again, or something along these lines. I must admit, after the 9 man debacle. I never thought I'd see it again in my lifetime. Yet we all did and it was magnificent. Magnificent then and magnificent now, looking back at highlights, three years later. I'm prepared to forgive Shull for a lot of threads after that..................although to be fair, he's beginning to get close to the limit of my tolerance sleep.png

It's an age thing.

FWIW I thought Quinn was awful in the first half on Saturday. Seemed to give it away continuously and had a great chance on goal at the end of the half which he blasted about 10 foot over the bar.

Second half he improved hugely and was involved in most of our good play.

No we don't.

We have to remember that we won those two games.

The opponent is irrelevant.

Thinking this way is exactly the sort of needless navel gazing which causes fragile confidence to be drained away exceptionally quickly.

I can assure you that if we finish on say 38 points this season and stay in the division, nobody but nobody will be giving two dry roasted f**ks which teams we beat to end up there.

Er, and in order to win those points we'll need to bea teams other than Alloa! :1eye

Your stupidity knows no bounds!

EXACTLY!!!!!

And if we had beaten Rangers twice and still gone down it would still have been irrelevant.

Either way it's irrelevant who we beat so STFU. whistling.gif

Thanks for making my point for me.

shull warned me that you were a bit simple. lol.gif

BTW, how do you get out of bed every morning without slitting your wrists?

You've actually made Kendo's point for him! :1eye

The fact that 2 of our small number of wins have been against the bottom side is highly relevant.

Its a major factor in our league position...

Doh...

Edited by nosferatu

Last week won while looking like headless chickens.

This week we looked far more organised and even managed to turn defence into attack on more than one occasion rather than the other way round.

Certainly appears to be showing shoots of recovery.

Oh. And I bet Phil's been waiting a while to play that song at the end.

Was very pleased to hear Alex say we will start up a scouting system. However im astonished we do not have one in place , all very well having a youth system but my thinking is you need both.

Can see a brighter future under our new manager.

"Astonished"? Really? I've been posting about it for years. Indeed I've been posting about it since David Longwell told me the club had no scouts. Edited by Stuart Dickson

Sweeper07. I always like your posts and you usually make sound judgments. I don't think we played particularly well against Queens and as I said to the chap next to me I could only see us scoring from a set piece just before young Mallan scored a belter.With the players at our disposal I really don't like a straight 4-4-2 the midfield gets swamped because you have Gallagher and Cooper wide Hibs play a narrow midfield four fairly effectively using a diamond system.When we have a full squad fit I favour a 3-5-2 as follows:

Langfield

Watson. Webster. Irvine

Naismith. Quinn. Goodwin. Mallan. Kelly

Clarkson. Shankland

Just to finish I was amazed when the manager decided to stick with the 4-4-2 for the last fifteen minutes with Thompson and Clarkson up front both had no pace and the decision could have cost us in my opinion. Thompson has had a great career and at this moment he is no value to us.