And then there was one....Theresa May

Bud the Baker

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36763208

Andrea Leadsom is expected to pull out of the two-way contest to become the next Conservative Party leader and UK prime minister, the BBC understands.

A source close to the energy minister said "the abuse has been too great".

Mrs Leadsom was up against Home Secretary Theresa May in the race to succeed David Cameron as prime minister.

She apologised to Mrs May on Monday after suggesting being a mother made her a better candidate for the job.

Who was first to predict Theresa May? :rolleyes:

44 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36763208

Andrea Leadsom is expected to pull out of the two-way contest to become the next Conservative Party leader and UK prime minister, the BBC understands.

A source close to the energy minister said "the abuse has been too great".

Mrs Leadsom was up against Home Secretary Theresa May in the race to succeed David Cameron as prime minister.

She apologised to Mrs May on Monday after suggesting being a mother made her a better candidate for the job.

Who was first to predict Theresa May? :rolleyes:

I told my daughter in the morning before Boris decided to not join in that Theresa May would win.

Was your prediction before that?

22 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

I told my daughter in the morning before Boris decided to not join in that Theresa May would win.

Was your prediction before that?

Yup, posted so on the day Cameron resigned - before StuDick.

I was on a tea break during a training course so we heard Cameron's resignation speech live in the canteen. The Rangers fan beside me said "Boris for PM" and I said "no just like Heseltine he'd made to many enemies" and that I reckoned it'd be May. The moral of this is it's not just football Rangers fans know nothing about!

Edited by Bud the Baker

I was on a tea break during a training course so we heard Cameron's resignation speech live in the canteen. The Rangers fan beside me said "Boris for PM" and I said "no just like Heseltine he'd made to many enemies" and that I reckoned it'd be May. The moral of this is it's not just football Rangers fans know nothing about!

To be honest I don't really care if I was first or not. I'm just delighted that the most capable person will be leading the country after David Cameron has gone.

2 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

To be honest I don't really care if I was first or not. I'm just delighted that the most capable person will be leading the country after David Cameron has gone.

Sure you don't - I'd just like to add that I welcome the appointment that will finally split the Union! :)

It's rare to find something we're both happy about. :rolleyes:

Edited by Bud the Baker

On a serious note with May now PM-elect (sic) it seems the delaying process Cameron tried to buy by resigning may (sic) be curtailed.

The leadership contest is being overseen by the 1922 committee of backbench Conservative MPs. Its chairman, Graham Brady, said Mrs May would be formally confirmed as the new party leader as soon as the Conservative Party board had been consulted - saying there would be "no need to re-run the election".

Graham Brady was unable to say whether Mrs May would be confirmed as prime minister by the end of the day or the week

Wednesday it is then! Let's hear it for Article 50...............

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

You are indeed a modern day Nostradamus.

Now, how about the lottery numbers for this week..................................................................................I'll not tell anyone it was you.

1 hour ago, E=Mc2 said:

You are indeed a modern day Nostradamus.

Now, how about the lottery numbers for this week..................................................................................I'll not tell anyone it was you.

Very little in the way of foresight involved.........

May was a known Eurosceptic and while she publically backed Remain she kept it low profile - only one non-televised speech IIRC. She was well placed whatever happened, due a favour for publically backing Cameron if we'd voted Remain but still with a foot in both camps when we voted Leave. Once Cameron resigned it was just a belief that out of the contenders she'd have the least enemies.

..............just reading the bones, alas.

10 hours ago, shull said:

When she became involved in Politics many years ago, I predicted she wid be PM before the end of 2016.

Think that's good  ........ Just after she was born I visited her with a few gifts from afar. 

Moderate Theresa's record

1468299128249.jpg

Are you nervous Brian Soutar might stop funding the SNP and start supporting Theresa May instead?

The SNP are split on gay rights

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/9619783/SNP-members-express-anger-at-gay-marriage.html

Indeed Fergus Ewing and Rosanna Cunningham were amongst a group of many SNP MSPs who tried to vote down Gay Marriage. So its interesting you choose to highlight Theresa May. Indeed one former SNP leader still appears on TV espousing some of the most homophobic opinions I've ever heard aired by a politician

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Black & White Army mobile app

4 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Are you nervous Brian Soutar might stop funding the SNP and start supporting Theresa May instead?

The SNP are split on gay rights

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/9619783/SNP-members-express-anger-at-gay-marriage.html

Indeed Fergus Ewing and Rosanna Cunningham were amongst a group of many SNP MSPs who tried to vote down Gay Marriage. So its interesting you choose to highlight Theresa May. Indeed one former SNP leader still appears on TV espousing some of the most homophobic opinions I've ever heard aired by a politician

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Black & White Army mobile app

I guess the difference is that the people opposed to this legislation were a minority of the SNP parliamentary group whereas they were the majority of the Tories. In 2014 when the legislation was passed at Holyrood 52 SNP MSP's voted for and only 6 against whereas for the Tories it was 7 for and 8 against (I wonder how Ruth Davidson felt about this, who knows maybe she'd have been happy at the prospect of saving money at the Reception).

Throughout my life the Tories have been the least socially progressive of the major parties and I see no prospect of it changing.

As usual it would be easier to accept your condemnation of other people's homophobic opinions if you're weren't so ready to abuse anyone whose opinions differ from your own.

Edited by Bud the Baker