David Camerons Last Question Time

Stuart Dickson

I noticed you avoided the economy riddled with low paid service sector jobs point. That's a direct link to her policies

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Black & White Army mobile app

Is it? In your last post you highlighted her success with the Financial Services Sector in London where many people earn seven figure plus bonuses never mind salaries.

Thatcher brought high paid hitech jobs and investment to the UK. The companies offering shite pay and conditions like Amazon weren't the target of her government. It's the SNP who have offered Amazon massive subsidies to bring their shite paid jobs to Scotland

Many in the Cardonald, Penilee, Hillington and hundreds upon hundreds of Areas in Scotland, bought their houses , during the Thatcher era. for less than 20 grand.

Their children are now inheriting these homes which are now worth between around 80k to 110k..

Success in London? Seven figure salaries? Rule brittania! Isn't that wonderful? That really benefits the majority eh?

Well as I have explained yes it has. It's taken the UK economy to 5th richest in the world and it's made us the kind of destination immigrants dream of coming to. It's so good even those on benefits can afford foreign holidays. :rolleyes:

Many in the Cardonald, Penilee, Hillington and hundreds upon hundreds of Areas in Scotland, bought their houses , during the Thatcher era. for less than 20 grand.

Their children are now inheriting these homes which are now worth between around 80k to 110k..

Absolutely right Shull. My parents didn't wait for Right To Buy. My parents bought their house in Dryburn Avenue, Hillington shortly after Thatcher took office. At the age of 48 my Dad, a disabled electrician raised in the Gorbals, became the first ever in his family blood line to own a house.

Again, wonderful, a housing bubble. You do realise this just inflates prices?

Oh dear. You do realise, that the majority of house price inflation came during the Blair and Brown years.... Don't you? During Thatcher and Majors time in office house prices remained pretty flat. I bought my first house in 1990 and sold it in 2000. I made just over £3000 profit on it.

So to sum up. Closed everything related to manufacturing, throwing millions onto the dole, sickness benefit or into low paid service jobs, concentrated wealth in the south east of the country. Took housing stock out of the reach of the next generation. It's OK though because "a bought ma hoose" tremendous

So to sum up. Closed everything related to manufacturing, throwing millions onto the dole, sickness benefit or into low paid service jobs, concentrated wealth in the south east of the country. Took housing stock out of the reach of the next generation. It's OK though because "a bought ma hoose" tremendous

Again...naw. Thatcher stopped the UK economy from tanking. She took on the "sick man of Europe" and made us lean and fit. She attracted hitech jobs and investment to the UK particularly from the US and Japan and particularly in the booming computer market. In the UK we were market leaders, the ZX Spectrum was the market leader in home computing; Motorola were building some of the worlds most innovative mobile phones; and our Financial Services had become the envy of the world.

It's funny how you appear incapable of understanding that before Thatcher there was very little prospect of a working class man owning their own house no matter how cheap it was.

7 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

The problem with benefits is that in amongst those who genuinely have need there have always been the feckless, the lazy and the contemptibly workshy. That's been a problem that successive governments since the dawn of democracy has had to battle with.

LET'S ADDRESS THE ROYAL FAMILY PROBLEM ANOTHER DAY...

Just look at the huge number of working class homeowners these days, all set to leave an inheritance for their kids.

THAT HOW THE SYSTEM USED TO OPERATE - AS AN INHERITANCE FOR ALL KIDS.  NOW, THOSE HOUSES ARE SOLD TO ENTREPRENEURS TO FUND THE NOW-UNEMPLOYED WORKING CLASS PENSIONS.  ANY "INHERITANCE" GOES TO ENTREPRENEURS' KIDS.  AS EVER.

Edited by antrin

She closed rather than modernised long standing British industry for a short term fix

She didn't close anything. She simply removed taxpayers subsidies from failing nationalised businesses. Had they been capable of profit those industries would still be here.

Germany is a perfict exsample of a country who refused to give up their manufacturing base. While the UK has plenty companies getting China to do their manufacturing for them. We can't even build the so called pride of the Brittish Marine fleet RMS Queen Mary 2 built in France then fitted out in Hamburg. Thatcher can be proud though that the Oaksofts and Dicksons of our country look down on the unfortunate of our country. There are people out there working who need to use food banks Ffs.

16 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Germany is a perfict exsample of a country who refused to give up their manufacturing base. While the UK has plenty companies getting China to do their manufacturing for them. We can't even build the so called pride of the Brittish Marine fleet RMS Queen Mary 2 built in France then fitted out in Hamburg. Thatcher can be proud though that the Oaksofts and Dicksons of our country look down on the unfortunate of our country. There are people out there working who need to use food banks Ffs.

Of course they need Foodbanks. 

They are spending their Benefits and Earnings on Cigarettes,  Alcohol, Hash and Wait & Return Taxis. 

Edited by shull

10 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I dont look down on them. I just dont care about them because all they want to do is f**king complain.

I have enough trouble dealing with my own problems bud without wanting to emote at will at everyone elses problems.

Edited by oaksoft

On 14 July 2016 at 5:29 PM, ford prefect said:

I do indeed enjoy my life, I just have sympathy for people flung on the scrap heap in thatchers great modernisation of the country. In order to massage unemployment figures, people were allowed onto sickness benefit for trivial illnesses. As a result we're now onto our second generation of people who have no role models working.
It's a bit simplistic just to blame the people not working. You're just a troll.

Sorry but that is just more unfocussed liberal handwringing.